Roman Abramovich Thread

No we can not.

He brought a cunt and he should know what we do think about the whole thing.

Why because he slagged us off in the past? you really think Lampard, Terry and Cole didn't slagg us off at any point growing up as West Ham, United and Arsenal fans respectively?

Roman always does what he thinks is best for the club, as an interim appointment Benitez is as good as we are going to get.

I for one, don't mind when managers are sacked, it is a proven formula. After Ranieri, Mourinho won the league and got close to winning the Champions league a couple of times, Grant did one better than Mou, by reaching the final when Mou was sacked, he was a John Terry kick away from winning.

Scolari was a mistake, but he was duly sacked and Chelsea could have won the Champions league, had Overebo not put on his Barca kit. Ancelotti did better by winning the league, but his second season was below par and he was duly sacked. AVB, was being AVB until he was sacked, RDM won the Champions league and the FA Cup.

I hate Benitez but I love Chelsea more, I hope he wins the league, the Club world cup and the Europa League? I don't know but I have a good feeling about this season. Chelsea has maintained consistency but unlike Arsenal are consistency lies with the players not the managers and the results are there to show.

People should accept the fact that the owner of Chelsea FC is a ruthless individual that doesn't take underperforming very lightly and always wants to win. If he sees someone not getting the results needed he will act instantly. That's the way it is. I have accepted this fact and moved on. i suggest you people do it too.

Why because he slagged us off in the past? you really think Lampard, Terry and Cole didn't slagg us off at any point growing up as West Ham, United and Arsenal fans respectively?

Roman always does what he thinks is best for the club, as an interim appointment Benitez is as good as we are going to get.

Excuse me if I am wrong but are those players mentioned above mostly known among us as persons who disrespect us?

I agree that Roman allways does what he thinks is best for the club but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong or criticised from time to time.

Roman's method's get's result's, period.

Our stability is Roman, and believe me id rather change managers and have a dedicated owner than vice versa.

Now if you ask the two English clubs who are in a better position now compared to 10 years ago most will say (after City) Chelsea and Spurs, surprise, surprise the two serial manager changing clubs off the last decade, but what both clubs have is stability upstairs, which is much more important.

managerial changes here and abroad are not going away, so best get use to it.

Roman's method's get's a degree of result's agreed, how much better would those results have been, if we had a Manager who could build a dynasty? same, less or more, I know where my money would lie, Jose & Carlo would have won the CL, long before we eventually did, if they had been allowed to build without interference.

Why can we not have both? a Owner & Manager building together.

Tottenham! what have they won in the last 10 years, chopping and changing, so it does not work for them, Chelsea would have more Trophys under a long serving manager I am convinced of it, Jose set the standard, and the players he coached into a never say die mentality, still show that same desire today, that is what has carried us through these past years, would it not have been better if he was here orchastrating the team? IMHO yes.

Managerial changes abroad are changing, Barcelona chop and changed there mangers, then they decide to stick with a manager, now look at them, same with Real Madrid, who decided to stick with a manager, just happen to be a certain Jose Mourinho, now why would they get rid of successful managers?

One Question, which club has won the most Trophy's? Utd with a settled manager or Chelsea with a assortment of managers.

Can someone tell me what Roman is actually talking about in this video?Is it related to football at all?

Not related to football at all. As much as I gathered it was some boring talk about a company and acquiring stuff legally. It seemed like Roman was defending some of the transactions he made.

Have you ever heard/read of them slag Chelsea off? JT was a fan of Utd in his younger days, but grew up at Chelsea, would not think he would ever had, Coley was a die hard Chelsea fan, but prefered WH to begin his career, but soon put that right, Lamps! well surely everyone knows how the hammers fan treated Frank even when he was playing for them, where did "Fat Frankie" come from?

Have you ever heard/read of them slag Chelsea off? JT was a fan of Utd in his younger days, but grew up at Chelsea, would not think he would ever had, Coley was a die hard Chelsea fan, but prefered WH to begin his career, but soon put that right, Lamps! well surely everyone knows how the hammers fan treated Frank even when he was playing for them, where did "Fat Frankie" come from?

Maybe he was referring to the other Cole...but I can't remember him slagging Chelsea off as an Arsenal player or fan...if any of them thought ill of Chelsea and didn't express it we can't grudge them that....

Good luck with the next team you 'support'...

Big Overreaction - RDM wasn't that great a manager, almost out of Europe, down to 4th place, WBA above us (RDMs previous club)

You think that's where we should be?

No we should be miles ahead of the rest of the stuttering teams. Utd are poor, Mancini is trying to change a winning formula and failing - the rest ...

That's what pissed off RA, so RDM had to go...

For the love of God - PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

It's ridiculous, same old stuff, people saying they will no longer support CFC.

We don't need this shit right now - main focus is WINNING AGAIN

Get behind the TEAM FFS!

If your pride is injured, deal with it like a man and move on....!!!

Everyone else sack their managers for a reason. There was no need to sack di Matteo as far as i'm concerned. It's ok to say everyone else does it but Real Madrid did it because they were having really bad UCL campaigns. Tottenham did it because they were doing genuinely shit in the league, 'arry took over when they had 2 points from their first 8 games and most or all the teams who have changed managers willy nilly changed because they weren't doing so well. This was a season for us where we we doing really well, we weren't expecting to win everything but we were in a good position. Drogba leaving, Lampard getting older and almost ready to call it a day and JT being banned/injured along with us signing many young players suggested to me that we were now building for the future and not the present. Our target was simply to get into the top 4 which we were on course for.

I don't think anyone is expecting someone to be here for 10-20 years but 3-5 would be nice just to get a settled feel. We win trophies because we have money and a rich owner, not because we change managers. When a manager comes, he changes things, he works on his methods, plays his formations and uses his players. It may not work straight away but it can worked on or changed. If you change the manager, you're starting again and learning something different again and suddenly you might find yourself in matches or situations that you don't know how to win because you haven't worked on it yet.

We have dropped points because of bad luck. We've won at WHL and the Emirates, we were outstanding against Man Utd after going 2-0 down. I just get the feel that if Robbie had stayed for say 3 years, in that time, this team would've been fantastic. We've been better than i anticipated anyway for me, we shouldn't be this good with Hazard and Oscar in their first season playing every game and Mata who's the longest servant of the trio being a Chelsea player for about a year! Some of the football we have played has been breathtaking and in my honest opinion, sacking Robbie for Rafa has halted the progress and put us back a step when we were heading very much in the right direction.

Although i do agree with much of the first post, i do believe that Robbie would've been an outstanding manager for us given time and Roman, regardless of how much he has done for us, is making horrible decisions. If we had kept our managers for longer, especially Jose, we would've won just as many trophies that we have anyway, maybe even more. I know we would've won fucking everything in 2008 if Jose had stayed, i'm convinced by that.

Look for the right manager and fucking well keep him.

The reason he sacked him relates exactly to the last point you make - Roman didn't think he was the right manager going forward. He wanted Guardiola but he wasn't available, and the only real option was Robbie. He was always going to take the first chance he had to get rid of Robbie and install a better manager (in his opinion).

The only managerial change I think he really made a mistake on (and now regrets) is the Mourinho one, but by all accounts their working relationship (which does matter in any workplace) was at rock bottom. We have this reputation for sacking managers without thinking, but each change after Jose can be justified when you understand Roman's perspective. Funnily enough the successful businessman has the mentality of a successful businessman.

You can argue that Robbie would have been a long-term success, but we'll never know. He did an amazing job galvanising the squad last season after AVB's disastrous run (I'm sure someone was making a case we should've stuck with him too), but the job he was being asked to do this season was completely different. Unfortunately there are not many jobs in the world that pay millions of pounds and afford you the chance to 'learn on the job' and get away with unacceptable results (brink of elimination from the Champions League group stage).

And I guarantee the one person who knows that and agrees with what I'm saying is Roberto Di Matteo.

any criticism against roman is quite understandable now. Another hasty sacking. i'm not saying di Matteo was the best man for the job but once he made the decision to go with di Matteo in the summer, he should have given Robbie time. Pointless giving the job to Robbie if he was always going to sack him at the slightest twitch.

yes, he has done lots for us and brought us up as a club but at a time like this, criticism is justified

any criticism against roman is quite understandable now. Another hasty sacking. i'm not saying di Matteo was the best man for the job but once he made the decision to go with di Matteo in the summer, he should have given Robbie time. Pointless giving the job to Robbie if he was always going to sack him at the slightest twitch.

yes, he has done lots for us and brought us up as a club but at a time like this, criticism is justified

Robbie probably earned his chance with the Champions League win and the fans wanted him in. If he hadn't then we would have probably had Benitez installed in the summer for a year, until he could have a run at Guardiola.

Getting eliminated from the Champions League group stages isn't a little twitch in Roman's view. It also doesn't show up as a little twitch in the accounts - I believe the accounting term is 'major fuck up'.

Good luck with the next team you 'support'...

Big Overreaction - RDM wasn't that great a manager, almost out of Europe, down to 4th place, WBA above us (RDMs previous club)

You think that's where we should be?

No we should be miles ahead of the rest of the stuttering teams. Utd are poor, Mancini is trying to change a winning formula and failing - the rest ...

That's what pissed off RA, so RDM had to go...

Who says it is about RDM perhaps it is about the way the club is run and the personalities involved! RDM should have never got the job imo but seeing he did he deserved a fair crack. Benitez on the other hand should not be allowed in the door at Chelsea!

Robbie probably earned his chance with the Champions League win and the fans wanted him in. If he hadn't then we would have probably had Benitez installed in the summer for a year, until he could have a run at Guardiola.

Getting eliminated from the Champions League group stages isn't a little twitch in Roman's view. It also doesn't show up as a little twitch in the accounts - I believe the accounting term is 'major fuck up'.

since when does Roman care about the fans now?

Also, Robbie was as good as sacked before the juventus game. rdm went for a crazy formation against juve to get a point and save his job. should have trusted rdm with more time or gone for benitez in the summer itself