Roman Abramovich Thread

Great post laura...:clap:

But one point of contention is transition needs to be a constant state,there is no perfect team in this world....only teams like Liverpool make a big fuss about transition,great teams like Barcelona and Manchester United incorporate youngsters all the time without any kind of publicity at all...imagine Darren Fletcher and Johnny Evans starting their careers at Chelsea,they would never have cut it here and would probably have gone on to become jobbing footballers for mid table clubs...

Great post laura... :clap:

But one point of contention is transition needs to be a constant state,there is no perfect team in this world....only teams like Liverpool make a big fuss about transition,great teams like Barcelona and Manchester United incorporate youngsters all the time without any kind of publicity at all...imagine Darren Fletcher and Johnny Evans starting their careers at Chelsea,they would never have cut it here and would probably have gone on to become jobbing footballers for mid table clubs...

the old Liverpool of the 70s invented smooth transition ....change of managers from the boot room following on from Shankly ..

on the playing side bought big and well in advance of their immediate need ,, A model copied by Ferguson ...

Sadly we seem to be like a rudderless ship in a storm,,,the rocks beckon

Fuck. Reading what peace & laura just wrote. We're never going to find a manager like mourinho again. He changed the mentality of the players & turned them into winners. When these players leave things wont be the same chances are we'll struggle without a world class manager & one thats given time. I want mourinho back more than ever right now.

I actually think we would have won in 04-05 even with Ranieri. People tend to forget that we finished second in 03-04 and then bought Ferriera, Cech, Robben, Drogba, and Carvalho. I really think that manager, once they reach a certain level of knowledge, are mostly fungible. The most important thing for me is that they have the ability to communicate their plan and what they want from their players be able to keep egos in check.

Yup many confuse the Ranieri signings with Mourinhos' success. -Duff, Bridge, Cole, johnson, Cech, Robben, Gallas, Crespo, sniff Mutu sniff, Makalele -all brought in by Ranieri. Mourinho is a great motivator and one for making players believe in themselves-which is what you want really. Oh and 2 for every position, which needs to be adhered to now.

I actually think we would have won in 04-05 even with Ranieri. People tend to forget that we finished second in 03-04 and then bought Ferriera, Cech, Robben, Drogba, and Carvalho. I really think that managers, once they reach a certain level of knowledge, are mostly fungible. The most important thing for me is that they have the ability to communicate their plan and what they want from their players be able to keep egos in check.

If kenyon had treated Ranieri properly we might not have seen that disaster in Monaco and we could have won the CL that year

Our next Mourinho: Lampard or Terry.

I've never quite understood why people would think John Terry would make a good manager. As a player, he's committed, brave and a strong leader.

But he's too fucking thick to be a manger. Sorry.

Lampard on the other hand probably has the intellect required to be a modern manager, but I don't know if he'll want to. He's establishing a life after football and I think he's going to leave the game and go on to other things.

Having read the two rather long posts above, I'm not really sure what their conclusion is beyond Mourhino was a good manager and we had good players who carried the team for a long time. I agree with that. Up until last season, this was still Jose's team.

Watching the match on Wednesday I came to the conclusion that I don't know whose team this is anymore. There's no leadership on the pitch and Benitez isn't Chelsea.

We need to secure Champions League football though. If that means limping home in fourth spot then so be it. It's going to be messy, but it's a necessity. Then we can reach summer and that is when the rebuilding can start and our owner seems to have just one man in mind for that - Guardiola.

Managerial longevity exists when clubs find the right manager to take them on. We haven't had that since Mourinho left, but that was in 2007 and 5-6 years isn't uncommon for teams to 'drift' having lost important managers. Look at any successful club and you'll usually find periods either before or after 'iconic' managers were hired when the club was somewhat aimless. We're in that period now, and Roman has looked for the next long-term Chelsea manger but it hasn't worked out. It will though.

laura made the point

the most disappointing thing during all this is that the season is now derailed Due to Rafa coming. under rdm, we were talking of a title challenge but the sacking and the subsequent hiring of Rafa has failed to invigorate the club like previous mid-season managerial changes - avram(not a perfect example), hiddink and di matteo.

appreciate roman on one thing. he'll not let us become arsenal at any cost. none of the "top 4 is good enough" nonsense but ultimately, we have shot ourselves in the foot this season. rafa needs a win and soon because he has come in and made us defensively compact but 4 shots(?) in 180 mins of football AT HOME is just pathetic. against ManCity, the David Luiz free kick was the only shot we had.

Rafa brought up the Bertrand experiment again. We tried and failed with it earlier in the season. not saying di Matteo was a great manager but he knew the club. we were heading for a top 4 finish. that was the season objective before guardiola or someone comes in the summer.

what is done is done and i hope the club doesn't panic-buy anyone expensive in January and just wait till the summer to sort the mess out because we are not a good team now. we just have a bunch of talented individuals

is roman a real chelsea fan i would love to think he is but there is always that bit of me that thinks if he was a real fan he would not have done this rafa crap as he would of known how we felt i have always said it doesnt matter what happens in life because chelsea will all ways be there having fought back from two heart attacks and a stroke wich left me with out the use of my left side i aint about to let Rafa get the better of me

go compare

go compare

Rafa f- off

because we know you dont care

support the shirt CHELSEA

seriously wow. This must be the last straw for Roman. atleast on previous occasions, the new manager coming in the middle of the season invigorated the team but rafa seems like a headless chicken. marin and oscar on during an aerial bombardment? seriously? that too for Moses?

I hope the Fat Spanish Waiter gets us top 4 and f***s right off in the summer