Chelsea v Barcelona

James

Well most Catalans and Spanish fans would probably be on Spanish forums, not English ones...

Its good this thread opened so soon cuz honestly i think everybody's focus is on this game more than anything else (even non-football matters).

I watched Bar5elona's last game vs Zaragoza and they're more than beatable... they're just viewed by the whole world as u would see the preview of a movie - the media makes them out to be the best ever and all that... I mean last time Bosingwa threw Messi out of the whole game and Lamps n Essien bossed the midfield around.. This time we're probably less physical but we have more pace (or could have more pace).

Plus the fact that we're completely ruled out is a marvelous situation for us to be in.

And I hate that Mourinho's camp already stuck their nose into this tie by stating that Barca already won the Champions League... could be his mind games but I'd hate it if he mentions something about "his boys" at Chelsea.... No way Jose, we love you but this is nothing like your team anymore.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope a bald Norwegian isn't the referee for the 1st Leg!

Overbo Junior's eufa debut, i heard he's going to become a great ref in the future. (from a barcelona point of view).

Overbo Junior's eufa debut, i heard he's going to become a great ref in the future. (from a barcelona point of view).

I'd rather see my grandma referee our match than anyone related to Ovrebo, or Ovrebo himself!

I keep thinking of those times we SHOULD have had a penalty in that game, and it makes me cross!

Haha really?, i know they take it seriously but not many outside do.

But saying that i don't see much of a difference between americans and canadians (no offence).

:rant:

Ah I love all the South Park episodes when they make fun of Canada....Aboot! :D

---------------Cech---------------

Iva-------DL4-----Terry----Cole

---Lampard-Romeu--Malouda

----Ramires-Didier---Mata

Subs: Hilario*, Ferreira, Cahill*, Mikel, Essien*, Kalou, Torres.

*should not come on unless nessesery.

Ramires drifting into midfield to get the numbers in against Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc aswell as helping out Ivan in defence.

Malouda likewise help out Cole, Mata likewise when nessesery.

Torres on for Drogba around the 70 minute mark, if we need more defensive strength get Mikel on for Lampard around the same time. Kalou can be used as an option too.

These players im about to mention below need to stay away from the team or Barca will have a field day.

Gary Cahill - Im going to get slated for this one but while he's done great domestically he has looked nervous as hell in the CL, it must be Luiz and Terry playing this one.

Jose Bosingwa - Enough said.

Raul Meireles - Can't tackle, would be a suicidal addition against Barca.

Micheal Essien - No mobility anymore.

Daniel Sturrigde - Won't track back, Adriano will go forward at will and have a field day if Danny is up against him.

Ryan Bertrand - Great future but this match will be far too soon for him.

Bro there is a huge difference I have a friend from Barcelona & he says he isn't Spanish. In fact the day Spain won the World Cup 1 million Catalans marched on Barcelona. They have a voice & they are being heard.

meh just like a few people in Cornwall in South West England. A few of them speak a slightly different language (about 1 in 10 people in Catalonia speak Catalan) and they think they are a separate country

Did you say decent ref and linesmen would be a bonus! For us! Chelsea? BEEEE'AVEEE some dreams just don't become reality I'm afraid! =(

I know :( we tend to get the linemen who somehow misses a blantent penatly despite being right in front of it

Just wondering, for all barca haters in this forum don't you guys envy how they build their team ?

They have so many home grown players in their squad and they keep bringing youngster from their academy to the 1st team. I really wish we can do the same.

I would be more or less neutral towards Barcelona, but I know this real asshole who is a Barca 'fan' (I have posted about him before, in the past, he has supported in chronological order: Blackburn, Barcelona, Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona again) so I find it hard to not root for Barcelona to have a tough time.

shits going down...gotta stock up on the heinekens for this one

Good choice in beer. Not only does it taste great but it is the official sponsor of the UEFA Champion's League.

I got paid $100 to say that.