Chelsea v Barcelona

James

Now, I haven't yet watched the Spurs game (don't tell me the score!!!!), but I think we're in with a sporting chance. We'll have to attack I think, forget defending, their defenders are out of form or injured and we should capitalise on that. They'll also be playing some kind of gung-ho 3-4-3 so defending for 90 minutes isn't an option.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't envy the position Di Mateo is in. Drogba did what he did today, and obviously has a chip on his shoulder about Barca which will only motivate him more, But Torres's workrate and closing down could be vital too rushing Barca's passing.

Ramires on the right wing is a must to counter the fullbacks.

I'm just happy we're in this position, playing the best team in the world, and up against argubly the best player of all time.

KTBFFH

I don't envy the position Di Mateo is in. Drogba did what he did today, and obviously has a chip on his shoulder about Barca which will only motivate him more, But Torres's workrate and closing down could be vital too rushing Barca's passing.

Ramires on the right wing is a must to counter the fullbacks.

I'm just happy we're in this position, playing the best team in the world, and up against argubly the best player of all time.

KTBFFH

It's actually pretty simple. Drogba has to play because of his aerial threat

I've always wondered why Catalonian players play for Spain and don't just refuse and only play for Catalonia. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, and Fabregas all seemed pretty happy when they won the World Cup with Spain. I think Barcelona fans just play up their Catalonian roots for the mystique. Apparently, Spanish is dominant over Catalan in Barcelona.

If some of London spoke a slightly different language then we might become pretentious and start using phrases in that language for our signatures. Mur than a club and Long Lif Chelc.

Prediction: Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona hahhahahahahahaha prediction 0- 3,

and only play for Cataunya? what do you say :S Catalunya is another community of Spain like Andalucia Madrid or Galicia.....bfff :S read before write these nonsense please.

ah and i am from Barcelona, m´entens? jo soc de Barcelona, però sobretot soc espanyol.

Welcome to the forum mate. I dint get a word you said apart from your prediction which is apparently funny for some reason

It's actually pretty simple. Drogba has to play because of his aerial threat

Pumping a long ball in is the easy option though. Drogba won't win every header, and when he doesn't its just giving possesion back to Xavi and co.

Pumping a long ball in is the easy option though. Drogba won't win every header, and when he doesn't its just giving possesion back to Xavi and co.

exactly. we should be attacking through the centre. like ramires goal yesterday or malouda's goal.

drogba's goal was class but it doesnt happen everytime you pump the ball in to the box.

I've always wondered why Catalonian players play for Spain and don't just refuse and only play for Catalonia. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, and Fabregas all seemed pretty happy when they won the World Cup with Spain. I think Barcelona fans just play up their Catalonian roots for the mystique. Apparently, Spanish is dominant over Catalan in Barcelona.

If some of London spoke a slightly different language then we might become pretentious and start using phrases in that language for our signatures. Mur than a club and Long Lif Chelc.

Prediction: Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona hahhahahahahahaha prediction 0- 3,

and only play for Cataunya? what do you say :S Catalunya is another community of Spain like Andalucia Madrid or Galicia.....bfff :S read before write these nonsense please.

ah and i am from Barcelona, m´entens? jo soc de Barcelona, però sobretot soc espanyol.

dafuq-is-this-shit.jpg

But seriously mate good post :clap::D

It's the best way to attack barcelona, if you watched milan vs barcelona in both leg, I thought allegri was brilliant. They carved open barca time and time again with only two type of attacks. Long ball to ibra and diagonal pass from left to right by seedrof/aquilani to exploit puyol on the left.

We have drogba to do the 1st one, unfortunately we don't have anybody in our team that can make long diagonal pass, so we should just defend and pump long ball to drogba and ask him to hold the ball for our mid.

Either play long balls to Drogba or when you get the ball, get our wingers into play. We cant try to pass the ball through the centre of the field, that is playing into Barca's hand.

Playing with Mata and Sturridge on the wings would be the only way that would work, Which means very little tracking back.

I'd start

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Rambo - Mata - Sturridge

Torres

Lampard used to pick up the ball and pass, I'd let Rambo drop back and Mata and Sturridge behind Torres and let those 3 attack. I think our best chance is to pump the ball into space for Torres to run onto it, and bring Mata and Sturridge into play. He will also close down, Bring Drogba on around the 60th minute mark, and start attacking more. Ivanovic and Cole need to be very wise with their timing of getting forward.

Another thing, Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic are all very dangerous from set pieces, If worked well, I could honestly see us scoring 2 goals from them, This is our best chance of beating Barca imo.

In term of formation diamond is the best formation but it's highly unlikely we can change our formation in the middle of a season so we should play 4-3-3.

------------Drogba-------------

Ramires------------Danny--

-----Meireles-Lampard-----

-------------Mikel---------------

Cole - Cahil - Terry - Iva--

Attack

Use Danny speed to attack puyol and Drogba aerial ability.

Lampard is licensed to go forward to pick up drogba lay off

Defense

Play very narrow and ramires should track back alves.

Cole and Iva should stay back (no overlap).

Mikel should man mark messi when he is in between our mid and defense

I wouldn't start mata for this game as crazy as that sounds, because:

1) The only advantage our side has is our physical strength. We need to bully them off the ball and Mata just can't do that.

2) If he plays in the center behind the striker he will have to mark Xavi or iniesta wich would be a disaster since he can't defend and Barca will probably have possession most of the match.

3) If he plays on the wing, he is not fast enough to break on the counter and beat their fullbacks.

4) Mata plays well when the team has most possession and want to break a tight defense. The only chance we have against barca is if we sit deep and lump the ball forward to DD whenever possible.

If we try to pass the ball in midfield, we are screwed.