Chelsea v Barcelona

James

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever plays on the right wing has to track back and help Iva with messi. Danial will most defenitely not do that. Ramires on the right is a must for me.

Hasn't messi been playin centre ? i think a CDM has to keep track of messi. ramires?

i'd rather have ramires alongside mikel than essien with sturridge on the right. their left back (adriano? ) whoever is their weakest link in defence and sturridge's pace and trickery would expose that and as far as essien goes, its a no-brainer. this is not 2009 sadly

I suggest you not to keep your hopes high for Danny playing RW because Ramires will definitely start.RDM subbed him,so he could get some rest for the game against Barcelona otherwise he had no reason to bring Malouda on.

I suggest you not to keep your hopes high for Danny playing RW because Ramires will definitely start.RDM subbed him,so he could get some rest for the game against Barcelona otherwise he had no reason to bring Malouda on.

yeah. and so he should. but at CDM

Still I think our right winger has to track back. Barcelona are a difficult enough team to play against without leaving spaces.

yeah. if its not messi its cuenca or sanchez on the left. both could be tricky

Official: German referee Felix Brych (36) will be in charge of the CL game against Chelsea on Wednesday

Brych wasn't yet in charge of any official Barcelona game. Was referee in Chelsea's 4-1 win against Napoli in 1/8 finals this year

Torres has scored 7 goals in 9 matches against Barcelona (2nd only to Raul (11) amongst current players).

Still inclined to go with big game man Drogba who can absolutely wreck Barca's team, he's the most feared IMO. But Torres and Barca have history too. A good enigma.

Official: German referee Felix Brych (36) will be in charge of the CL game against Chelsea on Wednesday

Brych wasn't yet in charge of any official Barcelona game. Was referee in Chelsea's 4-1 win against Napoli in 1/8 finals this year

Brych was solid in the Chelsea - Napoli QF. Didn't make any big mistakes and most of the minor decisions went our way. A good choice by UEFA.

I've always wondered why Catalonian players play for Spain and don't just refuse and only play for Catalonia. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, and Fabregas all seemed pretty happy when they won the World Cup with Spain. I think Barcelona fans just play up their Catalonian roots for the mystique. Apparently, Spanish is dominant over Catalan in Barcelona.

If some of London spoke a slightly different language then we might become pretentious and start using phrases in that language for our signatures. Mur than a club and Long Lif Chelc.

Prediction: Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona hahhahahahahahaha prediction 0- 3,

and only play for Cataunya? what do you say :S Catalunya is another community of Spain like Andalucia Madrid or Galicia.....bfff :S read before write these nonsense please.

ah and i am from Barcelona, m´entens? jo soc de Barcelona, però sobretot soc espanyol.

You're a disgrace to football, coming on a forum gloating and boasting because your team is the best. I bet anymoney you starting supporting them a few years ago.

This will indeed be 2 very difficult games but I do believe Chelsea has what it takes to advance considering what we've seen these past weeks with Chelsea in RDM's hands. Also a HUGE motivation for the senior players is revenge against Barca for when we got robbed.

With the first game at Stamford Bridge I think CHelsea needs to play very offensive because going to Camp Nou with 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 or something like that is NOT good. I would like to see the following formation:

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard

Mata

Sturridge - Drogba

With that formation we would have the option to play the ball around and have a quick and technical player in the box AND the option to play long balls on Drogba.

I would love to see Torres in this game but im not sure if he would be the better choice WITH drogba because I cannot see Drogba NOT starting this...and he should indeed start.

But for the LOVE OF GOD just keep Malouda, Kalou and Bosingwa out of this game whatever happens...

Same 4-2-3-1 for me. But with Ramires on the left like against Napoli, and Sturridge/Torres on the right.

I'd prefer the latter because of his work rate and pressing, plus he can also deliver a mean cross!