Chelsea v Barcelona

James

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here we go, the thread had been opened and the chat will officially start. Chelsea vs Barcelona, part ... 6?

1999/2000 = 3-1 & 1-5 AET Barcelona go through 6-4 on aggregate.

2004/2005 = 1-2 & 4-2 Chelsea go through 5-4 on aggregate.

2005/2006 = 1-2 & 1-1 Barcelona go through 3-2 on aggregate.

2006/2007 = 2-2 & 1-0 Group stages.

2008/2009 = 0-0 & 1-1 Barcelona go through on away goals.

Barcelona are gonna be bigger favourites than ever in this upcoming clash because of the way they are playing at the moment. Their players are in their peak and our main players are ageing somewhat. I'd say that we have only a 20% chance of getting through because the ref and Uefa will be on Barca's side too but we do have good players and could surprise them and cause them problems. We've been playing some really terrible football of late and Barcelonas 3 in midfield will probably piss all over ours, it could get embarrassing.

Barca tho, with all their great attacking, do let you have chances too. Puyol is ageing, Pique is over rated, Alves is more winger like, not the greatest defender and i'm not sure about their LB as Abidal is gonna obviously be absent. They might play Mascherano, he's not the best either imo and Valdes is also very over rated imo.

They will dictate the game but we need to go at them and score a couple of goals in the first game, attack their defence. If we can take a lead or at least still be in the game after the 1st leg, you just never know. Our defence isn't as tight as it was a few years ago and i think the fact that we're away in the 2nd leg, makes it a very tough ask.

Psychologically some Barca players will be wary tho because a lot of them have been beaten by us in the past

All in all, it will prove to be a bridge too far.

anyone want to go and troll it with me?

Not me, trolling isn't my forte. But post about your exploits :D

Edit: I did however try to mindfuck vbulletin by entering my birthday while registering as 31st February, but vbulletin was having none of it :(

http://www.barcaforum.com/member.php/5665-gingerless

This guy is the most bitter of the lot, saying how Di Matteo is just a rubbish version of Guardiola etc. The arrogance of Barcelona fans never ceases to amaze. I will be shouting rude things at the 'Catalans' in Spanish during the match next week :)

Just imagine if we did actually knock them out. It would shut so many people up. If we won the UCL this season, it would be the best thing ever in my life, football orientated or not.

I might just sign up to that Barca forum

http://www.barcaforu...5665-gingerless

This guy is the most bitter of the lot, saying how Di Matteo is just a rubbish version of Guardiola etc. The arrogance of Barcelona fans never ceases to amaze. I will be shouting rude things at the 'Catalans' in Spanish during the match next week :)

I wont be on Bridge nor Camp Nou and yet I know I will be shouting rude things at the 'Catalans' in pub in both legs and my friends, non-Chelsea supporters will be embarassed. What a beauty.

Just imagine if we did actually knock them out. It would shut so many people up. If we won the UCL this season, it would be the best thing ever in my life, football orientated or not.

I might just sign up to that Barca forum

I already have. Trolling ftw

Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal.... Arsenal 3 - 4 Milan (agg).... Milan 1 - 3 Barcelona (agg)

See what im getting at :) ?

No.. Sorry, thats very pessimistic of me! Come on the Chels! Play like we did at home against Napoli !!

Posting as Cat Planet; since posts require moderator approval I'll try and appear sincere for the first few dozen posts until I'm not moderated anymore then begin trolling :)

sheesh. i don't have the patience. posted the video of our 4-2 win in 2005. moderator didn't seem to like it

Right im not sure if im the only person in the world that has this train of thought, Uefalona..... said to be the best team in the world... ive got to be honest they bore me, i mean come on there is only so many times you can watch them pass the ball in a triangle and keep saying WOW im watching the best team in the world, Messi is something else granted the ball does just seem to stick to his feet. But i think we have a 50/50 chance of going through over the two legs, watching them against milan they can be got at with out a doubt we just need to take our chances if they want to sit in the middle of the pitch and pass in triangles go for it defend well do the basics and do them right and we can go through... Fuck Messi, Fuck uefalona, fuck that cunt Dani alves (i cant stand that cunt) Up thre chels CAREFREE 2012 our year...............................