Andreas Christensen

Wilson

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

🤣 so the knives are out after 2 poor team performances a few weeks after hes agreed to sign Barca.

He’s basically been Mr consistent (at a very high level) for 80-90% of Tuchel’s reign, some of you need to settle down. It is embarrassing. 

Yous gonna turn on Rudi too if he leaves?

Christensen never proved in 4atb system. He has just been protected by system. In Barca it will be the same with 75% possession. 

• 1 month later...

Softest Chelsea player I’ve ever seen. Not only will I not be bothered when he’s gone, I’ll be glad.

If we can replace him with Koundé in that RCB position it’s a considerable upgrade if for no other reason than he isn’t a total pussy like AC.

The biggest loss of Christensen is that he is comfortable playing both centrally and on the side of the back 3 so if we're planning to keep the back 3 we need someone comfortable to compete with Silva for the central position.

But ability wise he is very much replaceable in my opinion. His mentality unfortunately just doesn't seem to be strong enough. I'd rather Tuchel continue pushing and developing Chalobah.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

He just doesn't want to get Injured before his Barcelona medical so he's faking injures. I feel really bad for Tuchel. He needs reliable players

Get this fraud out of my club

Unless it's a serious mental health issue, he can fuck off 

Built like a bitch. We knew this when he faked an injury to leave the pitch recently.. was that against Real Madrid?? I can't remember. 

It's difficult to be too hard on him if he has some sort of nervous disposition about playing, he can't really help that and something like that is really difficult for us to help him with.

It is ironic that probably his best ever performance in a Chelsea shirt was coming on in the Champions League final and playing a blinder, where he'd have had no time to think about things and get nervous he was just thrown in.

The problem is somebody like that will never be fully trusted and relied upon by their manager. Sarri seemed to suggest it was an issue with picking him and having done this a couple of times now to Tuchel, I think privately he's probably not too bothered about losing him so long as he can bring a replacement in.

On a side note, I think Trev deserves a lot of plaudits. That's a couple of times now in recent games he's had to come and fill in late. He played both finals, and had to go up against Diaz who just looks brimming with confidence at present and is arguably Liverpool's most destructive player in attack currently and he performed admirably on both occasions. He'll be so much better off for the experiences he's had this season and hopefully uses that as a springboard to developing further next season because there's still areas of his game that need working on but he's starting to blossom nicely. His recovery pace is a big asset (although he needs to develop on not having to recover as often) and his ability to drive with the ball from that right centre back position is somewhat similar to what Rudiger has provided from the left side. 

Either way I am not surprised, I think he should of been starting but if he’s looking out for his own interests then that sort of bitters the end of his spell here. But suppose thats football these days, guys whose heads aren’t in it will do this. 

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's difficult to be too hard on him if he has some sort of nervous disposition about playing, he can't really help that and something like that is really difficult for us to help him with.

Agreed.

I'm in no hurry to disbelieve that this problem is what caused his withdrawal on Saturday but it would be nice to know if this also happened when he was at Gladbach. If it did then that would be interesting corroboration. 

18 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed.

I'm in no hurry to disbelieve that this problem is what caused his withdrawal on Saturday but it would be nice to know if this also happened when he was at Gladbach. If it did then that would be interesting corroboration. 

Would the pressure at Gladbach be at the same level as Chelsea would be something to consider?

If these issues are indeed true, it's also surprising that he's decided to join Barcelona where the pressure ramps up an extra notch or two from us.

Madrid and Barca will eat you alive if you're not careful and I don't think it's the wisest career choice at face value.

There's definitely more than meets the eye with his troubles, from IBS to mental blocks. Either way, I wish him the best with regard to his wellbeing, but can't wait till we're shot of him.

Give Trev or Sarr, if needed, some minutes in our final two games.

https://theathletic.com/3316000/2022/05/17/how-andreas-christensens-Chelsea-contract-talks-fell-apart-as-he-heads-for-barcelona-under-a-cloud/

The Athletic reporting on the negotiations that fell apart. Says Christensen was arguing for a reasonable raise, had second thoughts about a 5 year deal. 

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

https://theathletic.com/3316000/2022/05/17/how-andreas-christensens-Chelsea-contract-talks-fell-apart-as-he-heads-for-barcelona-under-a-cloud/

The Athletic reporting on the negotiations that fell apart. Says Christensen was arguing for a reasonable raise, had second thoughts about a 5 year deal. 

Tbf if money was the issue and thats how we’ve gotten to this stage of him leaving, again with Rudiger also, it is very disappointing.

To lose 2 of our key defenders due to breakdowns in salary negotiations based on them thinking they deserved a bit more, its not anything we’ve really seen happen here in recent times.