Andreas Christensen

Wilson

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Speaking of Cahill who was great success for low money and now looking at Wolves defense I wonder do they have a defender worth taking? It could not be just a system? 

Just 15 goals conceded, best defense in the league considering City defends with attack so maybe Coady? Kilman?

Kilman i don’t know that well but coady is terrible imo 

In the first Lampard season he was skinned by Tammy twice in the away game and then outpaced by Giroud in the home one. Also was at fault for two more goals I think vs manure  and Liverpool that season. Whenever I watched him he cost his side a goal. More of a club mascot spared blushes by his cb partners 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Speaking of Cahill who was great success for low money and now looking at Wolves defense I wonder do they have a defender worth taking? It could not be just a system? 

Just 15 goals conceded, best defense in the league considering City defends with attack so maybe Coady? Kilman?

Unpopular opinion, Cahill should have been nothing more than a squad player.

56 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'll put it another way. Does his prime version get into this team, Jose's first or even Carlo's double one? And if so ahead of who?

True. He has been a great performer for this club. But he looked even better because 

1. JT alongside under Mourinho.

2. Conte's 3 man system.

Edited by Blue Armour

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Not sure if it's pronounced in remotely the same way, but "Slaughter-Back" would be quite the intimidating name for a CB 😄

That would be an awesome name for a defender 😂

he is pronounced kinda like Shlautterback tho. Maybe it is worth a trip to the mayors office for a name change 

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2022 at 01:42, Vesper said:

he wants £167K per week

which is hardly outrageous

that is only around £4.2m per year after taxes for a top 25 CB who is in his absolute prime years over the next 4 or 5

He is missing way too many games imo. There is always something why he is not match fit. For that reason I wouldn’t be upset if he is let go.

• 4 weeks later...

Barcelona to sign Chelsea's Andreas Christensen

Barcelona have agreed deals to sign Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen and AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie on free transfers when their contracts expire in June, says Guillem Balague.

The Spanish club are also in talks with Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta over a free transfer this summer.

Club president Joan Laporta confirmed Barca had signed two players, but would not name them.

"We've completed two signings for the next season," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60916864

That's that then. Shame. 

• 2 weeks later...

c26402bd01aa1d954f218766beda33c3.png

Asked if he was angry with Christensen, an amused Sarri replied: ‘No, not at all. You know very well that on the match day Christensen has always stomach ache.

‘I don’t know the reason but I think he’s very nervous and he had to go to the toilet so I don’t know what to say.’

🤣 so the knives are out after 2 poor team performances a few weeks after hes agreed to sign Barca.

He’s basically been Mr consistent (at a very high level) for 80-90% of Tuchel’s reign, some of you need to settle down. It is embarrassing. 

Yous gonna turn on Rudi too if he leaves?

Edited by OneMoSalah