Andreas Christensen

Wilson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The contract situation is definitely a little concerning.

I think Azpi and Silva will happily sign one year extensions at similar terms if offered and will prioritise staying here (and I think both will end up extending).

Christensen I'm fairly confident will be resolved. I think there will be a middle ground found for him and his preference would be to stay here.

Rudiger remains the one I'm unsure about. I think whilst he may prefer to remain at Chelsea, I don't think he'd have any reservations moving on if the right deal was available.

I hope that all 4 sign new contracts. 

Have we already broken wage structure with Lukaku? I know I only talk about him but for me his signing is the root of all the problems we are facing this season. Poor form of our attackers is caused with having statue for focal point. Struggles against City, Juve, Brenford and further games against tough teams will also be  caused with Lukaku not being able to press or to score. Which leaves us down to ten men.

But that may not be the end of it. What if his reported wages 325 000 a week is correct? Could that be the reason we can't meet Rudiger's  and Christensen's demands? They are demanding more now? It's clear after covid we really didn't have money. Why we spunked 117 mil euros on striker that haven't played on the highest level for any top club (CL with Inter)  by the 28 years of age and with 300+ goals scored? To win us League and CL? Outrageously sensless.

Especially if we don't have money to pay our players properly. I get Rudiger, but Andreas too? 

It was covid year. Not signing anybody with such poor options wasn't the worst thing. This signing may be.

Edited by laura90

13 minutes ago, laura90 said:

Have we already broken wage structure with Lukaku? I know I only talk about him but for me his signing is the root of all the problems we are facing this season. Poor form of our attackers is caused with having statue for focal point. Struggles against City, Juve, Brenford and further games against tough teams will also be  caused with Lukaku not being able to press or to score. Which leaves us down to ten men.

But that may not be the end of it. What if his reported wages 325 000 a week is correct? Could that be the reason we can't meet Rudiger's  and Christensen's demands? They are demanding more now? It's clear after covid we really didn't have money. Why we spunked 117 mil euros on striker that haven't played on the highest level for any top club (CL with Inter)  by the 28 years of age and with 300+ goals scored? To win us League and CL? Outrageously sensless.

Especially if we don't have money to pay our players properly. I get Rudiger, but Andreas too? 

It was covid year. Not signing anybody with such poor options wasn't the worst thing. This signing may be.

Was thinking the same. Player can now always point to lukaku who is not performing and say "Hey I am better than this guy, at least i do my job" and demand the same wage. I don't think the club has problems paying any but  we set a precedent now. The lukaku signing broke a ceiling. I was against this mostly for economic reasons from the very beginning.

8 minutes ago, laura90 said:

I don't think the Lukaku signing is the issue. This happened at the end of the transfer window, there's been plenty of time before that to sort out Rudiger and Christensen.

I haven't seen anything which suggests that either want to be the highest paid player ahead of Lukaku or Kante.

From what I've read, Rudiger wants to be "amongst" the best paid players and Christensen it would appear is still being offered a deal which would put him in the bottom bracket of what our first team players earn.

The bigger issue is when our backup goalkeeper is one of the highest paid players because he sets an obvious benchmark for any important and regular first team player in terms of what their likely self-worth would be. From what I've read also, Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek are also on huge contracts which neither have really warranted as of yet. This should be noted too this isn't simply a Chelsea problem, the majority of top clubs will have similar issues with players out of favour or underperforming on big contracts.

Not getting him and/or Rudi to renew is going to be hugely disappointing and will also be a disaster considering how frequently and important they are under Tuchel. He will be furious if we don’t keep both of them never mind just one.

Never even mentioned his ability either, he is probably very close to being/in the sort of top tier level of CBs in Europe IMO based on his levels since Tuchel came in. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So his agent has obviously thrown a spinner on the works here and fucked everything up. Likely the same thing that’s happened with Rüdiger. AC in particular was seen as basically a formality a couple months ago.

Honestly, I think this is one of those rare instances where winning the CL is working against us. These agents have smartly been in their clients’ ears telling them “you’re a CL winning CB who is instrumental to the team, you need to demand more.”

Kind of unfortunate for us to have two starting level CB’s in their primes and at the height of their powers both being out of contract at the same time. Combined with Azpi also being out of contract AND Thiago Silva being 37. Astonishingly, the most likely CB to still be with us next season is the oldest one!😂

Would be pretty insane if we lose these 3 for free and have to spend £100m or more to replace them in the summer. That’s some Arsenal level incompetence. 

Yup, seemed like all were in agreement and then his party changed their stance. I wonder what changed... wage demand? contract length? bonuses?...

Hopefully they all can find middle ground.

Also something to take into account for them is with our formation and the way we play has benefitted both Andreas and Rudi greatly.

5 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Yup, seemed like all were in agreement and then his party changed their stance. I wonder what changed... wage demand? contract length? bonuses?...

Hopefully they all can find middle ground.

Also something to take into account for them is with our formation and the way we play has benefitted both Andreas and Rudi greatly.

Apparently we compromised on contract length and he still hasn't signed. This looks like a wage/signing on fee issue. 

This is the problem when you have Kepa and Lukaku on £150k/£300k+ it sets the floor to negotiations.