Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Just hope JT never does anything like this, a 'proper' chelsea ambassador. He'd be thinking of the fans, and how we'd react.

I can't see JT doing that, even the likes of Drogba and Ash would rather leave to another country than play for another PL club. Not so sure the level of involvement Lamps has got to do with this.

Don't really see the big deal. Man City own that club and Frank would want to stay fit till March.

would you still not see it as a big deal if throughout the season we are neck and neck with City and in Lampard's last game for them in march he scores a last minute winner for them to move above us which results in City winning the league by a point which then results in Jose getting sacked!

of course the chances of that actually happening are slim but while he is there its possible! so to see no big deal in Lampard playing for a title rival is bizarre to me..

Don't really see the big deal. Man City own that club and Frank would want to stay fit till March.

Would you be saying that if Utd owned the international clubs and he returned to the PL with them and Man utd won the season because of our legend's goals?

I would be crushed if the move goes through, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. The club released him and the signed Cesc as his replacement - a player Frank can't stand and even I'm still learning not to cringe everytime I see his face. Everyone agreed it was the best thing for us, that we have to move on even though we're replacing probably our greatest ever player with someone we've hated for years. You know, before anything else football is a business. Then again how could we ask from Lamps not to consider his best career options for whatever reason, it'd be totally hypocritical of us.

On another note, while it sucks he could play for another EPL team I guess it could be much worse. To be honest I don't really hate City, just kinda recognize their existence in the title picture in what I could describe as a non-personal rivalry for the EPL title, strictly business. Just imagine him in the red of United, Arsenal or God forbid Liverpool :mouthclosed:

would you still not see it as a big deal if throughout the season we are neck and neck with City and in Lampard's last game for them in march he scores a last minute winner for them to move above us which results in City winning the league by a point which then results in Jose getting sacked!

of course the chances of that actually happening are slim but while he is there its possible! so to see no big deal in Lampard playing for a title rival is bizarre to me..

It's only a short term loan, I doubt he will make many appearences for a team like City

Would you be saying that if Utd owned the international clubs and he returned to the PL with them and Man utd won the season because of our legend's goals?

Ifs and buts...

Honestly, this isn't that bad as people make out to be.

To be honest, I don't think he actually had any choice. NYC is City's sister club so they probably politely forced his loan to Manchester. I don't think he will be an important player for them or contribute much, it's just a City trying to show their muscles and saying 'fuck you, we bought your legend' to Chelsea. It's just a cheap trick.

Everyone does those psychological tricks. Mourinho tried to unsettle Shaw saying that he doesn't think any teenager is worth that amount of money and that it's not fair for senior players to pay this ammount of wages to young guy.

The most important thing is that we are not butthurt by it, keep our heads cool, calm & collected, ingore any distraction (yes, this is a distraction) and focus on winning the league.

And Lampard will always be our legend, no matter what.

Thing is Lampard won't be playing, he's only there to be an HG player. Then again he has no choice. He cannot say no even if he wanted to because the owners of Manchester City technically own New York as well. Can't believe that people can hate him for that.

There are so many decisions that Frank got wrong. The fact he signed with NYFC, a club owned by the same owners of our direct rivals and also him going to City instead of Melbourne. I still definitely respect him obviously. Unlike Lampard, players like Ashley Cole, Drogba played for non-English teams which was the best the fans could ask for.

In a sense it's a reminder of how lucky we are. Arsenal have the prospect of a 27 year old Fabregas playing against them, whereas we face legends when they're 35/36. Liverpool lose Suarez, Spurs lose Bale, but we don't tend to lose players in their prime if we still want them.

Yeah, losing stars in their prime is so much worse. After watching this video, I felt about hundred times better:

1.40 min.

Sucks to be an Arsenal fan.

Love how some are saying "well, he's being forced to go there", no.. he isn't, when he 'decided' to join Man-City's american side he knew the implications of that.

Even Ashley Cole has more class than Lampard, he said he wouldn't join another PL club and he had plenty of interest, Liverpool etc. Ironic that, considering what Ash is known for..