Frank Lampard

DavidEU

He will have known before signing for them that this was inevitable, I somewhat doubt he was naive enough to think this wouldn't happen. His status with us comes with it 'responsibility', being a football legend for a club isn't the same as working in the real world.

Anyway i'll believe it when it's official. He may say he won't play against Chelsea but that's far from the point. He'll be going out to win Man City vital points and we're possibly their closest competitors so he's the enemy. It brings back memories of Denis Laws back heel at old trafford.

This cannot happen.

Move on people. Watch a youtube video to refresh your memory of what this player has done for us.

No need to get so bitter just because he's agreed to a loan move to City. The only reason behind the loan move is because he wants to continue playing at the highest level and I am glad he chose the MLS instead of signing for another premier league club. He could have easily gone to QPR(which could have been far worse) where he could have teamed up with his uncle and continued to live in London.

Also its quite clear that he still wants to play for England.

To be honest, Term has a right to be questioning all this - I mean sure Lamps is the biggest legend, but surely he must've thought about his comments just 12 months ago when he said that he wouldn't play for any PL club? It just seems very odd. For me it won't tarnish his legacy but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it... Mourinho did say Frank is welcome back whenever - a 6 month loan to help support the squad and keep his fitness up here is surely better than the City option? Our league rivals? We have space for him in our squad as well, it's not like he'll take up a foreign spot.

I'm trying to see it from Frank's perspective and he probably thinks they'll offer him more playing time (which isn't even true IMO - I think we'd offer similar minutes to them), but is it worth it? Is it worth seeing the majority of CFC fans unhappy (you have to be kidden yourself if you're happy about it) and being taunted by Man City fans (they will definitely taunt us) just for the sake of a 6 month loan spell that he'd probably get here as well? I don't know...

It's a shame because I thought Lamps is the biggest legend here, even more so than JT, but this does make me question that slightly. Is he more of a legend than JT for me if this goes through? Maybe not anymore, but he'd certainly still be up there obviously. I mean, even Drogba and Ashley sidestepped the PL for our sakes. It's a real odd one. Not going to lie, I would be a lot happier if this didn't go through...

There is also a cross-section of Chelsea fans who will convince themselfs it's all ok, and try to rationalise it..

It's not in our control, so let's choose to be happy about it 'type of mentality'.