Frank Lampard

DavidEU

we replaced him when he wasn't good enough for us anymore. He's replaced us when we dumped him and a good offer came. It's absolutely the same in my eyes. We chose someone over him - it really matters little it was Cesc, but maybe for him it did because Cesc has been a cunt to him in the past - but he can't choose another club over us (although it's not even choosing a club over us as we dumped him in the first place, it's more like being forced to move on).

We'll never agree. It feels to me it's lack of loyalty from the fans, but I'm not judging anyone. Those things are emotions, you can't help how you feel. If you feel betrayed or disappointed or disgusted or whatever, you can't help. I feel nothing, except hate towards the situation itself. I hate him there, but I don't judge him at all.

Yes, rationally I know he isn't good enough anymore and is unlikely to strengthen City considering their great squad, but it doesn't change a thing. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But actually, now that you mention it, replacing him with Cesc might have seemed like a betrayal to him, though they're different players completely and it obviously wasn't a direct replacement. Well, I certainly prefer to think that rather than think Frank doesn't give a shit about fans.

If we were scouse we'd be fetching our Lampard replica shirts and a lighter...

And thank fuck we're not :lol:

but City even isn't our rivals like that!!!! That's the part I don't get. They're title contenders,

Yea, they're still rivals though in every competition we're in. That still makes it a bitter pill to swallow when a player who did all that you said for us, now would be trying to do it for another club in the same league as Chelsea. Yea he'll demand not to play v Chelsea, but he'll still be in games that will take points off us. He'll be itching to keep playing too, so he won't be the quiet boy training in the corner because he's bored.

Yes, rationally I know he isn't good enough anymore and is unlikely to strengthen City considering their great squad, but it doesn't change a thing. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But actually, now that you mention it, replacing him with Cesc might have seemed like a betrayal to him, though they're different players completely and it obviously wasn't a direct replacement. Well, I certainly prefer to think that rather than think Frank doesn't give a shit about fans.

I cover the part he doesn't strengthen City in my first post on the subject.

The part I'm talking about now is that he wasn't good enough for us anymore. WE wanted to be strengthened, so WE replaced him, directly or indirectly.

Rules have been changed, I think you only need 120 minutes now, something along them lines, I remember reading Jack Rodwell got a medal last season.

Interesting, I wonder what he'll do with the medal if he contributes to them winning the title. Can you decline an invitation to an open-top bus parade..

next there will be pictures of Chelsea #8 shirts being burned. I'll keep away from twitter because only the thought of that makes me cringe.

, I'll hate seeing him in the fade blue of them, but I agree with you that they aren't even our traditional rivals. I'm just happy he didn't go to QPR on loan. That would be disgusting, but still wouldn't have erased who he is for us and for me.

Nothing can erase. IT'S NOT EVEN A BIG DEAL.

Wow. Just wow. Not that Lampard is going to Man City, I'm more amazed by some members' ridiculous comments indirectly claiming it will degrade his legendary status here.

Nothing will do that. Lamps is a legend. We let him go? He can go anywhere. It doesn't matter.

Wow some people here just crazy I tell you.

No matter what Lampard does or goes he will always be a legend.

And one day he will come back to the club as whatever he wants.

Of course. Term-X is so deluded, he could be a City fan himself.

I cover the part he doesn't strengthen City in my first post on the subject.

The part I'm talking about now is that he wasn't good enough for us anymore. WE wanted to be strengthened, so WE replaced him, directly or indirectly.

Of course we wanted to be strengthened and of course we replaced him. He's 36. There's nothing wrong with not offering a contract to a 36-year-old legend and buying younger players instead. If he's angry with us because of this, that's just weird. Frank is smarter than that--hopefully. Chelsea aren't at fault here. Nor is he, strictly speaking. He didn't betray us-- we didn't want him anymore. But he's going to play for our main competitor by his choice. It's his choice, which is fair enough. If he doesn't care that it sickens many Chelsea fans, fair enough.

Of course we wanted to be strengthened and of course we replaced him. He's 36. There's nothing wrong with not offering a contract to a 36-year-old legend and buying younger players instead. If he's angry with us because of this, that's just weird. Frank is smarter than that--hopefully. Chelsea aren't at fault here. Nor is he, strictly speaking. He didn't betray us-- we didn't want him anymore. But he's going to play for our main competitor by his choice. It's his choice, which is fair enough. If he doesn't care that it sickens many Chelsea fans, fair enough.

just want to clarify I didn't mean he's doing it out of spite because we dumped him. I'm saying he's taking care of his business keeping his best interests in mind, the same way we did. I don't think he'd hold grudges. He knows rarely a player retires in the club they've played most of their lives.