Frank Lampard

DavidEU

but City even isn't our rivals like that!!!! That's the part I don't get. They're title contenders, but they aren't rivals. If he was moving to Burnley everyone would be fine because they're not title contenders (the moment I read people saying they'd rather him go to QPR I lost it, next he should go to West Ham and Fulham). It's how small our loyalty to our legends is. Sorry, I can't agree with any of it. It doesn't taint anything. It's a bad situation, one that leaves with a little vomit in my mouth about the situation, not about Frank.

I understand your point of view, but I consider a title contender a rival. I'm not angry with Frank. I'm disappointed, because I don't get why he's doing this. He has no reason to do it. No one can force him. He won everything with us, he earned enough with us to last several lifetimes, he's long past his prime. So what he's doing it for? He can't not know that a lot of Chelsea fans will be disappointed/crushed/saddened by this. Does he not care? It's strange. My first reaction when I heard the rumour was: no way, I'm sure Frank wouldn't do it. Well, it seems I was wrong.

I understand your point of view, but I consider a title contender a rival. I'm not angry with Frank. I'm disappointed, because I don't get why he's doing this. He has no reason to do it. No one can force him. He won everything with us, he earned enough with us to last several lifetimes, he's long past his prime. So what he's doing it for? He can't not know that a lot of Chelsea fans will be disappointed/crushed/saddened by this. Does he not care? It's strange. My first reaction when I heard the rumour was: no way, I'm sure Frank wouldn't do it. Well, it seems I was wrong.

because the same way it was the best for Chelsea to replace one of its legends for a cunt (I love my cunt, okay?) that played for one of our rivals, it's best for Frank to go to loan on a team like City. See? Thats the other side of the coin everyone keeps ignoring. I know some of us haven't accepted Cesc yet, some will take a long time (but will be calling him a Chelsea legend like they did with Cole if he has a similar journey here), but in general, people are just happy we improved our team by letting old, struggling Frank Lampard go, to have a brand new young guy that could win us the title, so we can make decisions based on what is best for us, but he can't because he wasn't forced to? Sounds selfish imo and a double standard. Did Chelsea and its fans care we were letting a legend go because we wanted to improve the team? So he should care that instead of making what's best for his career he should think of Chelsea fans?

Thinking of him wearing a City shirt actually makes me feel sick.

Lamps said when he signed his one year deal last season 'i could never play for another PL club, i couldn't do that to the fans' 12 months later and we get all this.

I agree he will always be a legend at this club for what he did but Frank knows exactly who us fans think of certain teams. Surely when the option was put to him he would have thought what us fans would think of it. It is like me or any of you pulling on a rival shirt. We just wouldn't do it. We would show loyalty to the royal blue that means so much to us. I thought it was like that for Lamps as well. Agreeing to pull on a shirt of a massive rival for me is a poor poor move on his part.

Do Southampton want him? Could they afford him?

Why would he go there when they're not in the Champions League?

If its just about being at the top level for as long as possible, then he shouldnt spout nonsense about how much Chelsea means to him. You are joining the league champions (2 of the last 3) and every good performance puts a slight chip in our title challenge. I wont forgive or act like it means nothing.

There is absolutely no difference. Terry and Lampard are no bigger Chelsea legends than Cech or Drogba.

Without getting too deep into this, being pre-Roman and in Terry's case.. cleaning Chelsea players boots at age 16, are the difference. There was never a point when Cech was the symbol of the club like Terry & Lampard, he never even got a banner at the bridge.

because the same way it was the best for Chelsea to replace one of its legends for a cunt (I love my cunt, okay?) that played for one of our rivals, it's best for Frank to go to loan on a team like City. See? Thats the other side of the coin everyone keeps ignoring. I know some of us haven't accepted Cesc yet, some will take a long time (but we'll be calling him a Chelsea legend like they did with Cole if he has a similar journey here), but in general, people are just happy we improved our team by letting old, struggling Frank Lampard go, to have a brand new young guy that could win us the title, so we can make decisions based on what is best for us, but he can't because he wasn't forced too? Sounds selfish imo and a double standard. Did Chelsea and its fans cared we were letting a legend go because we wanted to improve the team? So he should care that instead of making what's best for his career he should think of Chelsea fans?

Yeah, maybe, but I think it's different, Barbara. We can't keep our legends forever, no matter how much we love them if they are no longer good enough. Keeping a player until he's 36 is more than respectful, imo. He couldn't possibly have expected to stay with us forever, right?

Oh well. There's nothing we can do. And we've got Cesc Fabregas, to quote Arsenal fans. Total mindfuck. :P

JT knew he could get a great deal for himself, it's what players do in the modern game, it's forgivable in this climate with agents etc.

I only speak facts, you need 10 games (those can be sub appearances), will Lamps sell it on ebay or put it on the mantle?

Rules have been changed, I think you only need 120 minutes now, something along them lines, I remember reading Jack Rodwell got a medal last season.

Without getting too deep into this, being pre-Roman and in Terry's case.. cleaning Chelsea players boots at age 16, are the difference. There was never a point when Cech was the symbol of the club like Terry & Lampard, he never even got a banner at the bridge.

That says far more about us as supporters than it does about Cech's standing.

Pre-Roman, youth team player etc are just romantic narratives. What Cech has done in a Chelsea shirt is more than enough to give him an equal standing with anybody in this club's history.

He's a goalie it's not like he's scoring goals for us to win the competition he's job is to not let as many in as possible.

GK Banners are kinda rare if you think about it.

Yeah, maybe, but I think it's different, Barbara. We can't keep our legends forever, no matter how much we love them if they are no longer good enough. Keeping a player until he's 36 is more than respectful, imo. He couldn't possibly have expected to stay with us forever, right?

Oh well. There's nothing we can do. And we've got Cesc Fabregas, to quote Arsenal fans. Total mindfuck. :P

we replaced him when he wasn't good enough for us anymore. He's replaced us when we dumped him and a good offer came. It's absolutely the same in my eyes. We chose someone over him - it really matters little it was Cesc, but maybe for him it did because Cesc has been a cunt to him in the past - but he can't choose another club over us (although it's not even choosing a club over us as we dumped him in the first place, it's more like being forced to move on).

We'll never agree. It feels to me it's lack of loyalty from the fans, but I'm not judging anyone. Those things are emotions, you can't help how you feel. If you feel betrayed or disappointed or disgusted or whatever, you can't help. I feel nothing, except hate towards the situation itself. I hate him there, but I don't judge him at all.

That says far more about us as supporters than it does about Cech's standing.

Pre-Roman, youth team player etc are just romantic narratives. What Cech has done in a Chelsea shirt is more than enough to give him an equal standing with anybody in this club's history.

Romanticism belongs in football, those stories do matter to the majority of fans. JT & Lamps are in their own category, there is a distinct cut off point from Drogba & Cech, especially with Terry.

GK Banners are kinda rare if you think about it.

It's because GKs are much more replaceable and as such, much less important.. Cech has been fantastic for Chelsea but had he gone somewhere else, we would have recovered very quickly and easily. Losing Lampard or Terry would have been impossible or extremely expensive to replace. (It's why keepers are by far the least expensive transfers. That's not to take anything away from Cech, he did the best he could do and is still fantastic, just that the respective positional value is very different.

Romanticism belongs in football, those stories do matter to the majority of fans. JT & Lamps are in their own category, there is a distinct cut off point from Drogba & Cech, especially with Terry.

I really can't believe you think this way.

'Distinct cut off point' biden-debate-ryan.gif