Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Why are people saying we can't win the League without a 20 goal a season striker by the way? Bayern are the best team in the World and performed better without a tap in merchant like Mario Gomez in the side. Mandzukic only scored 15 goals but his battering ram approach worked extremely well with Ribery and co. Juve won Serie A at a canter with 10 goal midfielder Vidal being their top scorer.

As long as you have enough goal scorers in the squad (which we do) it can be done. We signed enough flops in the last couple of decades to last a lifetime. Mutu, Sutton, Torres, Sheva, Kezman, Pizzaro, Ba etc

Rather than splashing money on just about anyone I prefer we try and be patient for once and aim to sign the right player. Out of all the strikers available, Cavani and Lewandowski are probably the only two that would fit the squad like a glove. If they're unavailable I prefer we go into the season with Torres/Ba/Lukaku rather than wasting money on the wrong player yet again in complete and utter desperation.

Why are people comparing Makelele to Khedira?, two completely different roles. Maka was a holding midfielder and a legit link from defense to attack while Khedira is still masquerading as a B2B CM.

For the people saying Ramires is worse, lets take a look at the stats.

Stats------- Rami Khedira

Tackles P/G 3.2 2

Interceptions 1.6 1.2

Passing % 85 82

Passes P/G 37 34

Goals 5 2

Assists 1 2

Dribbles P/G 0.8 0.2

So Ramires basically destroys him in almost every category.

For me Ramires is an incredible player just as long as you don't ask him to be the link between defense and attack. His stamina is almost unheard of, has the pace to keep up with any player, wins an almost abhorrent amount of tackles and duels. And is absolutely lethal of the counter. Liverpool in the FA Cup final, Barca two legs, United & Spurs this season. Big game & "clutch" footballer and one of our most underrated because we ask him to perform in roles he shouldn't.

There is absolutely no need for another Ramires in this squad a worse one of that. Clear as day we're in need of a deep lying midfielder. Luiz has done a commendable job there especially against the s**t teams but in the big games his lack of nous in that role sticks out like a sore thumb.

precisely. how does buying khedira solve chelsea's current problems is beyond me. for me the team first team should be

cech

azpi luiz JT/cahill cole

rambo PROPER DM

MAZACAR

BA

lampard, essien (lets be serious, he is not leaving because of jose) and oriol/mikel are enough of back up. even luiz can chip in if we are hit by a series of injuries. we need to sell mikel, buy someone like WITSEL/VIDAL for the midfield.

also there is no need of buying some1 like rambo. his greatest attribute is his stamina. he can easily play 45-50 games a season and still be up for the next game the next day and u know what he ll be the only guy running on the pitch in the 90th minute leading to a counter.

hence, khedira is not needed or better put, he is not the player to solve our problems right now.

Outs: Turnbull, Hilario, Ferreira, Benayoun, Malouda (they are all out of contracts) + Marin and probably Piazon

Ins: a new backup goalkeeper, a new double pivot man or a DM, if the double pivot is still used under Jose (Witsel, Alonso, possibly Khedira or even Modric), a new striker (using Lukaku or buying someone among Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao or Wayne Shrekski) and Schurrle

Falcao -> Monaco

Cavani -> City

Lewandowski -> Bayern

Rooney -> PSG / stays at ManU

Just started thinking who else we could go for if those moves happen and we miss out on our top targets. How has Leandro Damiao been doing lately? Was very highly rated a while back and was a regular for Brazil but after the Olympics I haven't seen or heard much of him so maybe our Brazilian members could shed some light into him? Had very impressive linkup play together with Oscar at Internacional and Brazil so that would surely help. Valued at around 20m, I would assume?

Spurs have been after him for ages so getting him would surely piss them off, that's always a good thing. :lol:

If Falcao, Cavani and Lewandowski arent available, we should just recall Lukaku!

Lmaooooooo .

I do love you, mister spammer friend!

I find it good you are not a sour grape like some Brazilians :-) You know, those who call you a spammer.

What a fart.

Lmaooooooo .

I do love you, mister spammer friend!

I find it good you are not a sour grape like some Brazilians :-) You know, those who call you a spammer.

What a fart.

LOL! :lol:

But it is true, if we are going to buy a striker just for the sake of it, lets reacall Lukaku!

I only want a new striker if he is one of the 4 big options. I dont want Higuain, Soldado, Martinez, Gomez, etc. Lukaku is just as good as is free!

Not really, we will play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, systems that use only 1 striker!

Having Lukaku, Ba and New ST is totally unecessary and one will Always be unhappy with playing time...

Lukaku and striker X should be rotated while Ba will be 3rd choice and i am pretty sure he will be ok with that.

Lukaku and striker X should be rotated while Ba will be 3rd choice and i am pretty sure he will be ok with that.

Only if the striker X is better than Lukaku and Ba, which isnt the case with anyone besides Cavani/Rooney/Falcao/Lewandowski...

LOL! :lol:

But it is true, if we are going to buy a striker just for the sake of it, lets reacall Lukaku!

I only want a new striker if he is one of the 4 big options. I dont want Higuain, Soldado, Martinez, Gomez, etc. Lukaku is just as good as is free!

Now you sound like a sensible guy like @Theonlyplacetobe ! :-)

It looks like we are going that way ..... I find it sensible after seeing Ba collapse a bit as well here. We are hard on strikers .... Lukaku has the advantage of being around and growing up in this strikers' armageddon. He will probably just continue evolving , going for more minutes and if we give him the chance ....

He might just do it. I give him slack ...

Only if the striker X is better than Lukaku and Ba, which isnt the case with anyone besides Cavani/Rooney/Falcao/Lewandowski...

Disagree martinez is more polished then lukaku and better then Ba so if we can get him for say something like 20-22m i think it would be a good deal.That said i wont be sad seeing lukaku lead our line next season but i just think the pressure of expectations might be too much on young romelu if we make him 1st choice straight away.