Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326813/Chelsea-chasing-Andre-Schurrle-Wallace-Luke-Shaw.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Mourinho isn't in yet but Chelsea are pushing to sign Wallace, Schurrle and Shaw

Gotta love this journalism. Apparently we are "chasing Wallce" yep, the same wallce we already signed in January...

ok. now that the season is over and jose is coming back, i seriously feel we would make just one or 2 big signings. lets see the squad right now

goalkeepers - cech, turnbull (h), blackman (h)

defenders - JT (h), Luiz, cahill (h), iva, cole (h), bert (h), cesar, kalas/wallace(h).

mid-fielders (pivot) - lampard (h), essien, ramires, mikel, romeu.

mid-fielders (behind the striker)- mata, hazard, oscar, kdb, moses (h), NEW SIGNING(SCHURLLE)

strikers - BA, lukaku (h), BIG SIGNING (cavani/falcao/lewandowski)

(h) - homegrown

DEFENDERS - cant see a big signing.

PIVOT - with jose we know that he wont let go off essien in any way, ramires and lampard are too valuable. so for any big signing in the midfield as is necessary we need to offload mikel and/or romeu.

FRONT 3 - as the schurlle deal seems to be almost done, i dont think their will be anything more.

STRIKER - got to sell torres first thing in this window.

all in all for the transfer window :

out - torres (15-20mil), marin (3-4 mil), malouda (free), yossi (free), ferreira (retired), kakuta (2-3mil)

in - schurlle (20 mil), STRIKER (30-40mil).

No that's where you get it wrong - the club are not going to amortise Sturridge or Meireles' fees. There's no need for that, and it's exactly why FFP isn't as effective as people make it out to be.

Let's say we have a budget of around £50m (amortised) in FFP terms and let's use your example where wages will be around £10m a year extra. With £100m being amortised into £20m, that'd be a total of £30m spent which still makes it more than possible in my opinion.

Anyway, there's no use speculating to be honest, we'll have to wait when the club releases it's official account to see where we really are. I still think that we can spend £100m if we want to but we probably won't - I think it'll be at around £60m/£70m/£80m max. We'll just have to wait and see though.

Maths + Football = Hurt head

=S

Maybe it would be better to instead of buying an overpriced striker, make Lukaku 1st striker and save the money for 60m Bale. He scores a winner out of nothing every 2nd game, we would pay almost as much for Cavani or Falcoa, but Bale is younger and used to the EPL.

ok. now that the season is over and jose is coming back, i seriously feel we would make just one or 2 big signings. lets see the squad right now

goalkeepers - cech, turnbull (h), blackman (h)

defenders - JT (h), Luiz, cahill (h), iva, cole (h), bert (h), cesar, kalas/wallace(h).

mid-fielders (pivot) - lampard (h), essien, ramires, mikel, romeu.

mid-fielders (behind the striker)- mata, hazard, oscar, kdb, moses (h), NEW SIGNING(SCHURLLE)

strikers - BA, lukaku (h), BIG SIGNING (cavani/falcao/lewandowski)

(h) - homegrown

DEFENDERS - cant see a big signing.

PIVOT - with jose we know that he wont let go off essien in any way, ramires and lampard are too valuable. so for any big signing in the midfield as is necessary we need to offload mikel and/or romeu.

FRONT 3 - as the schurlle deal seems to be almost done, i dont think their will be anything more.

STRIKER - got to sell torres first thing in this window.

all in all for the transfer window :

out - torres (15-20mil), marin (3-4 mil), malouda (free), yossi (free), ferreira (retired), kakuta (2-3mil)

in - schurlle (20 mil), STRIKER (30-40mil).

You would really go into the season with the midfield we've long ago deemed not good enough? A midfield consisting of Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Romeu, Essien, Meireles wasn't anywhere near good enough last season and got us sixth in the league, so what makes you think the same midfield minus Meireles would be good enough now when they've all aged another year and some of them on the twilight of their careers? Ignoring the problems we've had here has been the biggest reasons for our downfall since winning the double under Carlo, even more than the fact we've had a striker who couldn't score in a brothel.

If Jose wants to keep Essien, he needs to play him in a similar role to the one he has played at Real Madrid, as a backup to nearly any position on the pitch. Right-back, left-back, deep midfield, attacking midfield, you name it. Can't have him being a starter any longer if we're to challenge for the title and there's no way Essien should be a reason for not buying the world class midfielder which our team desperately needs and I'm sure Mourinho too realizes there's no room for sentiment at this level. He's shown with Ricardo Carvalho at Real Madrid that he has no problem freezing out players from the team, even the ones he likes a lot, if they're not good enough any more so if he sees that with Essien, I'm fairly sure he will at least try to sell him.

Getting one or two new players in midfield has got to be the club's top priority this summer, even more so than getting a top class centre forward because for the striker department we could always recall Lukaku who's proven he's capable of scoring at least 20 league goals with the right manager and tactics. Daniele De Rossi and / or Ilkay Gündogan would be the dream signing(s) for me as far as midfield is concerned but getting the German can be tricky so other targets may have to be pursued. De Rossi however could be available for a reasonable price if one were to believe the stories in the media. Juventus also have lots of midfielders who would improve our team massively (Vidal, Marchisio, Asamoah, Pogba) and we could enguire how much they'd want for some of them. Maybe Juve would even want to take a punt on Torres, the striker who's scored more than double than their best goalscorer this season, so a deal could be struck for one of their star midfielders with Torres going the other way, how awesome would that be?

For the front 3 I would say one more new signing aside from Schürrle will be needed. Looking at the amount of games our current bunch of players have been forced to play this year, I'd say getting Schürrle alone won't be enough so it's either KdB back or another new signing there, the latter of which is looking more likely at the moment with all the reports of De Bruyne being either loaned out or even sold. If Mourinho sees something in Marin, Kakuta or Piazon to make him believe they're good enough to add proper depth to the team, then maybe no more will be needed but I think Jose will prefer buying someone more proven.

One or two young signings and one or two players in their mid/late 20's would be the best way to go this summer. We're really not that far away IMO.

Shaw and Schurlle as the young signings and Rooney and De Rossi as the established names would be ideal.

You would really go into the season with the midfield we've long ago deemed not good enough? A midfield consisting of Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Romeu, Essien, Meireles wasn't anywhere near good enough last season and got us sixth in the league, so what makes you think the same midfield minus Meireles would be good enough now when they've all aged another year and some of them on the twilight of their careers? Ignoring the problems we've had here has been the biggest reasons for our downfall since winning the double under Carlo, even more than the fact we've had a striker who couldn't score in a brothel.

If Jose wants to keep Essien, he needs to play him in a similar role to the one he has played at Real Madrid, as a backup to nearly any position on the pitch. Right-back, left-back, deep midfield, attacking midfield, you name it. Can't have him being a starter any longer if we're to challenge for the title and there's no way Essien should be a reason for not buying the world class midfielder which our team desperately needs and I'm sure Mourinho too realizes there's no room for sentiment at this level. He's shown with Ricardo Carvalho at Real Madrid that he has no problem freezing out players from the team, even the ones he likes a lot, if they're not good enough any more so if he sees that with Essien, I'm fairly sure he will at least try to sell him.

Getting one or two new players in midfield has got to be the club's top priority this summer, even more so than getting a top class centre forward because for the striker department we could always recall Lukaku who's proven he's capable of scoring at least 20 league goals with the right manager and tactics. Daniele De Rossi and / or Ilkay Gündogan would be the dream signing(s) for me as far as midfield is concerned but getting the German can be tricky so other targets may have to be pursued. De Rossi however could be available for a reasonable price if one were to believe the stories in the media. Juventus also have lots of midfielders who would improve our team massively (Vidal, Marchisio, Asamoah, Pogba) and we could enguire how much they'd want for some of them. Maybe Juve would even want to take a punt on Torres, the striker who's scored more than double than their best goalscorer this season, so a deal could be struck for one of their star midfielders with Torres going the other way, how awesome would that be?

For the front 3 I would say one more new signing aside from Schürrle will be needed. Looking at the amount of games our current bunch of players have been forced to play this year, I'd say getting Schürrle alone won't be enough so it's either KdB back or another new signing there, the latter of which is looking more likely at the moment with all the reports of De Bruyne being either loaned out or even sold. If Mourinho sees something in Marin, Kakuta or Piazon to make him believe they're good enough to add proper depth to the team, then maybe no more will be needed but I think Jose will prefer buying someone more proven.

i agree with the fact that we NEED atleast one world class midfielder. but then as i have written we will have to sell romeu and/or mikel. i would prefer off-loading mikel and getting witsel. moutinho is another option but his physicality is the only reason i would go for someone HUGE like witsel in the midfield. BVB have already lost gotze and probably will sell off lewandowski too, so cant see them selling gundogan unless its at some extreme price.

as for the juve swap, seems to fifa-ish. :) cant actually see that happen.

for the front 3 i think we will keep kdb and he will have a huge part to play next season. the reason schurlle deal has not finalised is because they want kdb in exchange but we are unwilling plus i dont think jose would let some1 of kdb's quality go.

Maybe Juve would even want to take a punt on Torres, the striker who's scored more than double than their best goalscorer this season, so a deal could be struck for one of their star midfielders with Torres going the other way, how awesome would that be?

A flop for one of the best midfielders in the world?

mj-laughing.gif

i agree with the fact that we NEED atleast one world class midfielder. but then as i have written we will have to sell romeu and/or mikel. i would prefer off-loading mikel and getting witsel. moutinho is another option but his physicality is the only reason i would go for someone HUGE like witsel in the midfield. BVB have already lost gotze and probably will sell off lewandowski too, so cant see them selling gundogan unless its at some extreme price.

as for the juve swap, seems to fifa-ish. :) cant actually see that happen.

for the front 3 i think we will keep kdb and he will have a huge part to play next season. the reason schurlle deal has not finalised is because they want kdb in exchange but we are unwilling plus i dont think jose would let some1 of kdb's quality go.

Haha, agree with Juve. No reason for them to sell anyone and I sure as hell can't see them wanting Torres but we can always hope. Like I've been saying in other threads recently, I would much rather spend big on a midfielder and not buy a new striker at all and recall Lukaku because midfield is currently way more important of the two. Despite the strikers not performing, we have been scoring enough goals this season to challenge the best of them and if Lukaku were to return I would see no problem with our attack force but our midfield gets overpowered even against the shit teams. Don't really care who we get to dictate the play in midfield but it better be someone good.

And sure, we can only hope the board and management realize sooner rather than later what a player De Bruyne is and take him to be a part of our squad for next season but so far there's been nothing to suggest they will. All these rumours about new star players coming in but I'm yet to read a single article or even twitter rumours saying the club want De Bruyne to return for next season.

A flop for one of the best midfielders in the world?

More of a tongue in cheek kind of comment, how nice of you to single out that one thing and ignore all the rest. :P

And no matter how comical that comment was, I was still more or less talking about us offering a hefty amount of money for any one of those four I mentioned and then chipping in Torres on top of that for free, even on loan if that's what it would take for someone to take the ladyboy off our hands.

More of a tongue in cheek kind of comment, how nice of you to single out that one thing and ignore all the rest. :P

And no matter how comical that comment was, I was still more or less talking about us offering a hefty amount of money for any one of those four I mentioned and then chipping in Torres on top of that for free, even on loan if that's what it would take for someone to take the ladyboy off our hands.

I know you were joking, I just love posting that gif.

:P

If it were up to me this is what i would do.

OUT

Turnbull

Ferreira (Legend)

Essien

Cahill

Bertrand

Mikel

Marin and/or Moses

Benayoun

Ba

Malouda

Kakuta

PvA

Loan Out

Piazon - To Watford with Chalobah if they get promoted.

Chalobah

Courtois

Mcheachran - To a PL team.

Bruma

Hutchinson

IN

De Bruyne

Lukaku

Wallace

Shaw

Cesar/Begovic/Guzan

Schurrle

Top class CB like - Chiellini, Subotic, Hummels, Badstuber ect

2 Top class CM's like - Witsel, Gundogan, Khedira, Vidal, Modric, Fellaini ect

Top class ST like - Lewandowski, Falcao, Cavani ect

Then if its true what Graham Hunter said that in Isco's contract Chelsea have the option to sign him then i wouldn't hesitate to do so.

so just as an example (taking the first name on the players listed in the CB, CM and ST positions out squad would lok something like this.

GK - Cech, Cesar, Blackman

RB - Azpilicueta, Wallace, Ivanovic

LB - Cole, Shaw

CB - Luiz, Ivanovic, Terry, Chiellini

CM - Ramires, Lampard, Romeu, Ake, Witsel, Gundogan

RW/LW/CAM - Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Isco, De Bruyne

ST - Lewandowski, Torres, Lukaku, Schurrle

Treble winning team right there! ;)