Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Well it looked like you were insinuating that that was the starting XI to me so I assumed you meant that. Romeu is tidy in possession but he isn't a Xabi Alonso.

I honestly see no need in signing Khedira when you've got everything he does in players like Ramires, Romeu and Mikel. He doesn't add anything new to the squad.

The reason why i put him in there is because it seems certain that Mourinho will bring him here, and to me it makes sense, maybe Mourinho see's him as a replacement for Ramires and will rotate the two of them.

for me one of Ramires or Khedira should be playing every week with a ball playing midfielder like Gundogan or Modric, but in the very big games against teams who are very good at keeping possession thats where i see him playing both Ramires and Khedira with someone like Gundogan/Modric type player of Oscar/KdB as the number 10.

The reason why i put him in there is because it seems certain that Mourinho will bring him here, and to me it makes sense, maybe Mourinho see's him as a replacement for Ramires and will rotate the two of them.

for me one of Ramires or Khedira should be playing every week with a ball playing midfielder like Gundogan or Modric, but in the very big games against teams who are very good at keeping possession thats where i see him playing both Ramires and Khedira with someone like Gundogan/Modric type player of Oscar/KdB as the number 10.

Fair enough.

If we're going to spunk £20m on Khedira though, I'd rather have Fellaini who can do the same but also brings plenty more to the team.

Fair enough.

If we're going to spunk £20m on Khedira though, I'd rather have Fellaini who can do the same but also brings plenty more to the team.

If Fellaini was effective in a deeper role, i'm sure there would be many clubs chasing him at the moment...

If we did happen to switch to a 3-man midfield...Fellaini would be an interesting player to have...but for the pivot, we should look at other options first.

As for Khedira...I want him IF Madrid are willing to sell for 12-15 million...if not, there are other options for 20+ million.

Im starting to think this could be our team next season -

Cech

Azpilicueta - Varane - Luiz - Cole

Ramires - Khedira

De Bruyne - Mata - Hazard

Lewandowski/Rooney

Subs - New GK, Ivanovic, Terry, Lampard, Oscar, Schurrle, Lukaku/Torres

Cech

Azpilicueta - Varane - Luiz - Cole

\LampsOscar\Ramires - De Rossi

De Bruyne - Mata - Hazard

Lewandowski/Cavani/Falcao

Think this will be amazing!

If Fellaini was effective in a deeper role, i'm sure there would be many clubs chasing him at the moment...

If we did happen to switch to a 3-man midfield...Fellaini would be an interesting player to have...but for the pivot, we should look at other options first.

As for Khedira...I want him IF Madrid are willing to sell for 12-15 million...if not, there are other options for 20+ million.

Jose prefers 4-3-3 though right?

This fucking pivot pisses me off - 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 - keep it simple and WIN. Fuck the pretty football - winning is what counts !!

I hate Barcelona style of play, I would prefer to be like Utd, Bayern or Dortmund - all flooding forward to attack... That's REAL football IMHO - not passy, passy, passy x1000 then shoot... That sucks balls!

2 years of Torres have deluded many. They now think we don't need a Striker and that Lukaku will be enough. How I feel sorry for you lot.

Hahaha, very true!

There is also a general overreaction regarding our young players recently. People think everyone will become world class and they are already asking for Bake and Feruz to start getting playing time, Chalobah to become English captain, Josh to take part on the squad, KDB to be an undisputed regular starter, etc.

They are all great (excellent, to be honest) promising players, but nothing more than that for now!

why? because you want flashy players in there like Modric or Moutinho? we are not going to be a possession team like Barca under Mourinho! we will be a counter attacking team so what would be the point of having players in midfield who are excellent in possession ect? Ramires and Khedira are much better suited to a counter attacking team, they can both do a job defensively and Ramires has his crazy pace on the counter and Khedira has power and pace like Essien used to. They wouldn't improve us much if we try to play like Barca next season but if we are going to be a successful counter attacking team they would be well suited for our style under Mourinho.

IMO Ramires should be 3rd or 4th option in the double pivot, not 1st or 2nd. He's not a DM, and not a DLP. A good pivot should be 2 of these players: Schweini-Martinez. Gundogan-Bender.

And Khedira is just a meh player, who puts in average or worse performances almost every week. Nothing special and that is why Madrid will let him leave, only to go out and get a better player lol.

If we can get Modric or Moutinho that'd be great, if not i would play Oscar beside a new DM.

2 years of Torres have deluded many. They now think we don't need a Striker and that Lukaku will be enough. How I feel sorry for you lot.

Indeed. That strike force can't win us the league, let alone the CL.

Hahaha, very true!

There is also a general overreaction regarding our young players recently. People think everyone will become world class and they are already asking for Bake and Feruz to start getting playing time, Chalobah to become English captain, Josh to take part on the squad, KDB to be an undisputed regular starter, etc.

They are all great (excellent, to be honest) promising players, but nothing more than that for now!

I think the general consensus is that they are excellent prospects who deserve a chance. That doesn't mean people are overreacting or overrating them.

Also if you're referring to me with the 'Chalobah to become English captain' then I think you've misread or misunderstood that.

I think the general consensus is that they are excellent prospects who deserve a chance. That doesn't mean people are overreacting or overrating them.

Also if you're referring to me with the 'Chalobah to become English captain' then I think you've misread or misunderstood that.

Deserve a chance is one thing, overreacting their role in the upcoming season is overrating them!

And no, I wasnt reffering to you directly, I was paraphrasing many things I have read in their threads and it happened that one of them was yours...

Deserve a chance is one thing, overreacting their role in the upcoming season is overrating them!

And no, I wasnt reffering to you directly, I was paraphrasing many things I have read in their threads and it happened that one of them was yours...

There's nothing wrong with people getting excited about a very promising crop of youngsters, and if you think people are going overboard then why not present reasoned arguments that present a note of caution rather than just saying people are overrating them?

There's nothing wrong with people getting excited about a very promising crop of youngsters, and if you think people are going overboard then why not present reasoned arguments that present a note of caution rather than just saying people are overrating them?

Because I am a lazy fucker who dont give a shit if people will agree with me or not! :tophat:

In fact, I have presented all my facts in one of the articles/topics you made about our youth academy once, and if I recall correctly, you agreed with me. There is a difference between agreeing to give them a chance and craving things like: "this one will be English captain", "this will be as legendary as Drogba", "that one will be the new Romario", "the other will be the best keeper in our history", etc. We dont even know if they will be successful Chelsea players, let alone crave those ridiculous statements...

I grew up inside a football club and lived youth academies throughout my (short) life. There are tons, tons of great players who become nothing. The very rare exceptions are the ones who go to become top players (specially in the same academy they were from). If you read our young players thread, there is a general consensus that every single one of them will become amazing Chelsea players. Sorry, but this is wonderland and all that will bring is disappointment.

The types of post I read will only be justifiable once they are playing well for us. Right now, all they have earned is the right to be given decent playing time for our club, nothing more and nothing less. They will only earn my praises once they have actually done something!

Also, I have never said it is wrong to get excited, I said it is ridiculous to get overly excited! ;)

The 3 (probably) best 'pivots' in world football:

Schweinsteiger - Martinez

Alonso - Khedira

Schweinsteiger - Khedira

It's no coincidence that Khedira is in 2 of the 3 best :rolleyes:

Remember how a lot of Madrid fans didn't appreciate Makelele? And a lot of people just in general never appreciated how incredible Sergio Busquets is/has been at his roll until a bloody brilliant Youtube video came out explaining it perfectly and the media started jizzing all over him? Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but if you're one of those people who doesn't believe Busquets is in the top 2 defensive midfielders in world football and can't see that a goal-record is not an indication as to how good a striker actually is (Gomez, possibly Falcao etc.) then I'm not surprised if you're the same who underrate Khedira. But you are foolish.

For me, this should be the squad. New arrivals in bold.

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Sam Walker, Jamal Blackman

Right-backs: Cesar Azpilicueta, Branislav Ivanovic, Todd Kane

Centre-backs: John Terry, Gary Cahill, David Luiz, Tomas Kalas

Left-backs: Ashley Cole, Ryan Bertrand

Central Midfielders: Michael Essien, Oriol Romeu, Ramires, Oscar, Frank Lampard, Gylfi Sigurdsson

Wingers: Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Victor Moses, Juan Mata

Strikers: Fernando Torres, Demba Ba, Didier Drogba (or any other older striker who can score a few goals while Lukaku is on loan)

so now its wrong to get excited about a 20 year old who was the 6th/7th top scorer in PL playing for a mid table team and who played almost half the minutes compared to the players with more goals than him. some comments here are atrocious.

For me, this should be the squad. New arrivals in bold.

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Sam Walker, Jamal Blackman

Right-backs: Cesar Azpilicueta, Branislav Ivanovic, Todd Kane

Centre-backs: John Terry, Gary Cahill, David Luiz, Tomas Kalas

Left-backs: Ashley Cole, Ryan Bertrand

Central Midfielders: Michael Essien, Oriol Romeu, Ramires, Oscar, Frank Lampard, Gylfi Sigurdsson

Wingers: Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Victor Moses, Juan Mata

Strikers: Fernando Torres, Demba Ba, Didier Drogba (or any other older striker who can score a few goals while Lukaku is on loan)

we had 2 problems this season. the pivot and the striker position. i dont think your squad solves any of the 2 problems.