Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Now you sound like a sensible guy like @Theonlyplacetobe ! :-)

It looks like we are going that way ..... I find it sensible after seeing Ba collapse a bit as well here. We are hard on strikers .... Lukaku has the advantage of being around and growing up in this strikers' armageddon. He will probably just continue evolving , going for more minutes and if we give him the chance ....

He might just do it. I give him slack ...

When was I not sensible? :(

Cavani/Falcao + Lukaku + Ba or Cavani/Falcao + Ba + Lukaku loaned is one thing, but spending 20-22mi for another striker (remember we still have Torres) is plain stupid (IMO).

We still have many holes in our squad to spend money on someone who wont improve much. Lukaku is as capable to play a second role as Martinez (for instance)!

I think we need to MAKE Lukaku in our attack. He is ready for that, but we will need a good coaching team. We need a long term ST that feels good in his role here.

We don't have that, steve Clarke did that with Lukaku in WBA and so we apparantly - and fiercely - underestimate our youngster evolving abilities.

I so .....hope .... Jose will develop Oscar, Kdb and Lukaku to their fullest potential!!

If he can do that magic .....

Not really, we will play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, systems that use only 1 striker!

Having Lukaku, Ba and New ST is totally unecessary and one will Always be unhappy with playing time...

You didn't mention Torres, but I don't think he is going anywhere. IMO if we bring some big money striker, that'll mean Lukaku is spending another year on loan somewhere.

Wow another striker debate. Just recall lukaku and that is enough for me. I qm more concerned about midfield.

We have been dominated by benfica, yes benfica for two straight season. No offense to benfica fans but there is no way team like us should be dominated by team like benfica

I hope when Jose gets here he buys Bale :ph34r:

He's actually exactly what we need. Though, his price...He'd cost about £50 million...

And the rest. No way tottenham would sell him to us of all people until we get up to at least 80. If that.

And the rest. No way tottenham would sell him to us of all people for at least 80. If that.

C'mon it couldn't be that much...Could it? I mean, Ronaldo cost £80 million. The best player in the world at the time. Bale would go for £50 million max wouldn't he? Maybe £5-10 million on top of that because we're rivals. Question is, is he worth that? Many have said he could be the next Ronaldo...

I hope when Jose gets here he buys Bale :ph34r:

He's actually exactly what we need. Though, his price...He'd cost about £50 million...

He actually would be the type of player we are looking for, a more direct kind of threat. Would be absolutely great with a counter attacking system, if Jose sets it up that way.

But yeah no way spurs will sell, would he want to go to a rival?

C'mon it couldn't be that much...Could it? I mean, Ronaldo cost £80 million. The best player in the world at the time. Bale would go for £50 million max wouldn't he? Maybe £5-10 million on top of that because we're rivals. Question is, is he worth that? Many have said he could be the next Ronaldo...

I think like madrid could buy him for 50/60 mil. But Bale is their guy, they lose him and champions league football is very unlikely. They lose him to us, and they make the gap between our sides much larger. I doubt levy would want to sell him to us at any figure. So it would have to be in the ronaldo price bracket to get him to come here i would think.

Is he worth that, i don't know. If torres is worth 50 mil then Bale is worth 300. 50 mil yes, worth that. 80 Mil, no not for me.

Yeah he rejected a huge bid from us for Modric only to sell him a year later to Madrid for a lower fee. So i wouldnt be surprised if he rejects 80m from us and accept 50m from madrid