Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Not that bad of a rumour. I have always felt we need stronger back up for the GK. He has been good at Real when playing in goal but truths are most of his starts were because of the conflict between Casillas and Mourinho. When Real's new manager arrives Lopz is obviously going to drop back to the bench and with Courtois potentially going out on loan again, maybe can see why Mourinho wants him here.

Today's 'big rumour' is that Ancelotti will take over at Real Madrid and demand - Neymar, Isco, Bale & Cavani :blink:

He's apparently happy to let go of Modric (us?) and Higuain (Juventus?).

Liverpool:

Begovic set to join Liverpool as Reina joins Barcelona soon apparently. Big upgrade.

Downing set to leave for anything around £8m.

Carroll likely to bring in around £15m with a move to West Ham United.

I doubt all that much will be spent on Begovic and Stoke already have Butland as his replacement. Pool should have around £17m to play with at the end of those transfers above. They're also getting Kolo Toure on a free ffs. If invested wisely, I think next season will be their last season outside of the top 4 for a while.

Gooners think Vermaelen has cacked it ever since being name skipper. They say he is mentally weak and can't cope with the pressures involved with leading a team. He gets worse every game, they say. No love there.

Sporting can go to FIFA because of that and they would have a grood chance of getting 25% of the whole 70mi if Porto doesnt watch out!

Fifa cant do anyting about that. Porto has the right to sell their players for any price they want. I remember the same thing happened when Standard sold Defour & Mangala to Porto. Defour just cost a fraction of the total transfer fee. This all because Defour had a sell on clause to Genk

I wouldn't mind:-

Out: Marin (£5m?), Benayoun (Free), Ferreira (Free), Malouda (Free?), Essien (Sorry; £8m? Surely a Russian team would take a punt), Kakuta (£2-£8m?), Bruma (£5-7m?).

That's already at least £20m just from fringe or no longer good enough players. That's also a huge amount of the wage bill reduced. Now with that £20m -

In: Thiago (£15m). He will and would fit in here. We now have £5m leftover and are in a profit for the transfer window so far. That could go towards Coentrao in theory meaning we'd only actually pay around £10m for him out of our own pockets + the £5m leftover from above. (That's if the rumoured price is true, of course.)

So that's us spending around £10m for Thiago and Coentrao in theory. Is that not an absolutely incredible deal?

So with just £10m spent, we have our future left-back and possibly our future Mata successor or Oscar rotation player. He could even come right in and displace Mata but that's unlikely. He could also be groomed for a deep role.

Now remember - We're Chelsea Football Club. No way would we stop at just £10m spent!!!

We could now play around quite easily. Promote someone like Piazon to take over from Marin's role unless we want him getting more games out on loan. There. A free Marin replacement/squad player.

Our full-backs would be sorted. As for central defence, if we don't feel like Ivanovic/Terry/Luiz/Cahill is enough, we can easily promote Christensen I believe. If we want someone of high calibre however, Mangala (Probably around £17m) or someone could come in.

That's £27m spent.

Now, reinforcement in midfield. Let's chuck in an experienced but still great De Rossi (£12m.) He'll play where Mikel currently plays. Also as he's a very good passer, there's no need to go out and buy an exclusive playmaker for the deep role. Partner him with Ramires.

£29m spent.

As for the striker, we can chuck anything between £15m - £40m-ish on Gomez, Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao or whoever; or be brave and go with Lukaku.

That brings our total to £29m - £69m depending on the striker situation, but to lower the total, I'll go with Lewandowski here and assume he'd cost around £23m.

So we're at £52m.

We then either loan out De Bruyne again or bring him in for the right-wing position. If he's loaned however, Moses isn't good enough to be our starting option there. Let's splash £15m on Sanchez or Di Maria :rolleyes:

If needed, £5m can be spent on contracts for handy free-agents as back-up, young talented players or whatever.

We've also then got Kalas, Chalobah etc. all capable of coming in if needed.

So let's put the final (well, at this point) total at £72m (If my maths has been right which I doubt a little bit.)

We could potentially line-up with:

Cech;

Azpilicueta, Luiz, Mangala, Coentrao;

Ramires, De Rossi;

Sanchez, Mata, Hazard;

Lewandowski

On the bench we've then got something like: Blackman; Cole, Terry/Ivanovic; Romeu(?)/Lampard, Thiago/Oscar; Lukaku (if he stays)/Ba/Torres.

Now our 'weakened' team in cups or vs. smaller teams could look something like:-

Cech;

Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole;

Mikel, De Rossi/Lampard;

Sanchez, Thiago, Hazard;

Lukaku/Ba

If Torres magically left however to some club like Atletico, I believe we'd get around £10-15m for him. If that were the case, our total expenditure would be:-

£57m

(Or even something in the £40m range if we put De Bruyne on the right and forget about Sanchez/Di Maria)

It's a shame to have 0 British players in the Starting XI, but football is evolving. Deal with it.

I should probably go play Football Manager now :ph34r:

Every team that play with 4-2-3-1 has at most 3, in fact most of them have 2

- Bayern : Mandzukic, gomez and 35 years old st pizzaro

- Real : Benz,higuain

- Dortmund : Lewa , - not sure who is their other striker

- Arse: Podolski,Giroud

- Manu : RVP,welbeck (play on the wing), chicarito, Rooney -> yap he is happy that is why he requested for transfer

Their second striker is "German Rooney" Julian Schieber. Obviously all "German xy" nicknamed German players turn out not to fulfill their potential.

As a neutral, I'd say it's smart business.

I'm a neutral too as far as Portugal goes and while it maybe smart business for the short term, it won't do any good for their club's reputation and this will come back to bite them in the ass sometime. Sporting were reluctant to sell their star player Moutinho to a domestic rival a couple of years ago but did it anyway and now they're being ripped off by the cunt Pinto da Costa. Do you really think any of the other Portuguese clubs or even some small South American clubs will ever sell another player to Porto with such clauses if they now do this? Bigger clubs who buy Porto's best players won't care because it won't affect them but where are Porto going to get more of these future stars if smaller clubs start blacklisting them because of shady business like this?

Porto wants player X and makes an offer, the club then calls Benfica and bunch of other clubs if they want to match the offer and will always prefer anyone but Porto if there's a chance. Can honestly see that becoming a reality for Porto.

Out: Marin (£5m?), Benayoun (Free), Ferreira (Free), Malouda (Free?), Essien (Sorry; £8m? Surely a Russian team would take a punt), Kakuta (£2-£8m?), Bruma (£5-7m?).

That's already at least £20m just from fringe or no longer good enough players. That's also a huge amount of the wage bill reduced. Now with that £20m -

In: Thiago (£15m). He will and would fit in here. We now have £5m leftover and are in a profit for the transfer window so far. That could go towards Coentrao in theory meaning we'd only actually pay around £10m for him out of our own pockets + the £5m leftover from above. (That's if the rumoured price is true, of course.)

So that's us spending around £10m for Thiago and Coentrao in theory. Is that not an absolutely incredible deal?

So with just £10m spent, we have our future left-back and possibly our future Mata successor or Oscar rotation player. He could even come right in and displace Mata but that's unlikely. He could also be groomed for a deep role.

Now remember - We're Chelsea Football Club. No way would we stop at just £10m spent!!!

We could now play around quite easily. Promote someone like Piazon to take over from Marin's role unless we want him getting more games out on loan. There. A free Marin replacement/squad player.

Our full-backs would be sorted. As for central defence, if we don't feel like Ivanovic/Terry/Luiz/Cahill is enough, we can easily promote Christensen I believe. If we want someone of high calibre however, Mangala (Probably around £17m) or someone could come in.

That's £27m spent.

Now, reinforcement in midfield. Let's chuck in an experienced but still great De Rossi (£12m.) He'll play where Mikel currently plays. Also as he's a very good passer, there's no need to go out and buy an exclusive playmaker for the deep role. Partner him with Ramires.

£29m spent.

As for the striker, we can chuck anything between £15m - £40m-ish on Gomez, Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao or whoever; or be brave and go with Lukaku.

That brings our total to £29m - £69m depending on the striker situation, but to lower the total, I'll go with Lewandowski here and assume he'd cost around £23m.

So we're at £52m.

We then either loan out De Bruyne again or bring him in for the right-wing position. If he's loaned however, Moses isn't good enough to be our starting option there. Let's splash £15m on Sanchez or Di Maria :rolleyes:

If needed, £5m can be spent on contracts for handy free-agents as back-up, young talented players or whatever.

So let's put the final (well, at this point) total at £72m (If my maths has been right which I doubt a little bit.)

Cech;

Ramires, De Rossi;

Sanchez, Mata, Hazard;

Lewandowski

On the bench we've then got something like: Blackman; Cole, Terry/Ivanovic; Romeu(?)/Lampard, Thiago/Oscar; Lukaku (if he stays)/Ba/Torres.

Now our 'weakened' team in cups or vs. smaller teams could look something like:-

Cech;

Mikel, De Rossi/Lampard;

Sanchez, Thiago, Hazard;

Lukaku/Ba

If Torres magically left however to some club like Atletico, I believe we'd get around £10-15m for him. If that were the case, our total expenditure would be:-

£57m

(Or even something in the £40m range if we put De Bruyne on the right and forget about Sanchez/Di Maria)

It's a shame to have 0 British players in the Starting XI, but football is evolving. Deal with it.

Double pivot won't work. I like Rambo and all but he probably shouldn't be starting in the pivot. Oscar should play next to De Rossi.

Apparently Mourinho will bring Lopez with him here. Reason probably being Lopez knows the next manager will put Casillas back as #1 (so he'll happily leave), we need a new back-up 'keeper and Mourinho seems to love the guy.

Wouldn't it be lovely to rest Cech sometimes and let Lopez take over? He'd be the best back up keeper in the league surely.

Want, want, want.

@Leif,

1. Think Schurrle deal is too far along to turn back now. Direct quotes from Bayer representatives. Schurrle instead of Sanchez there

2. Coentrao seems unnecessary this summer. Cole and Bertrand haven't really shown an alarming dip in form this season and with a better midfield think the LB spot is managable with current players. van Aanholt is a 3rd option as well

3. Mangala - probably a defender is needed but I'd not put Mangala at the top of the list

4. Thiago - if we are getting a central playmaker, i would prefer a player suited to the deeper role. Thiago has no way through to his favoured position CAM

5. de Rossi - :yes:

I'm a neutral too as far as Portugal goes and while it maybe smart business for the short term, it won't do any good for their club's reputation and this will come back to bite them in the ass sometime. Sporting were reluctant to sell their star player Moutinho to a domestic rival a couple of years ago but did it anyway and now they're being ripped off by the cunt Pinto da Costa. Do you really think any of the other Portuguese clubs or even some small South American clubs will ever sell another player to Porto with such clauses if they now do this? Bigger clubs who buy Porto's best players won't care because it won't affect them but where are Porto going to get more of these future stars if smaller clubs start blacklisting them because of shady business like this?

Porto wants player X and makes an offer, the club then calls Benfica and bunch of other clubs if they want to match the offer and will always prefer anyone but Porto if there's a chance. Can honestly see that becoming a reality for Porto.

finance is a big issue. Porto has no obligation to help it's rival but yes, it is underhanded and Sporting rightly deserve the 25% they are entitled but if Porto pull this off, I wouldn't hold anything against them.

Bayern rip talent from rivals in Germany but they get ahead. Think success is the main motive. While this tactic seems like a cheap shot, it will save about 5-10 million which makes a big difference in Portugal

That's £27m spent.

£29m spent.

So we're at £52m.

Cech;

Ramires, De Rossi;

Sanchez, Mata, Hazard;

Lewandowski

Cech;

Mikel, De Rossi/Lampard;

Sanchez, Thiago, Hazard;

Lukaku/Ba

£57m

I like calculating too, but this is chelsea; you can add another 30mio extra to those 70mio.

Besides I should congratulate you for making first 11 without a single english player. English club with no important home players. Cheers!

Apparently Mourinho will bring Lopez with him here. Reason probably being Lopez knows the next manager will put Casillas back as #1 (so he'll happily leave), we need a new back-up 'keeper and Mourinho seems to love the guy.

Wouldn't it be lovely to rest Cech sometimes and let Lopez take over? He'd be the best back up keeper in the league surely.

Want, want, want.

How much would he cost? If he's not happy being number 2 at Madrid, why would he be happy being number 2 to Cech and eventually Courtois? He should bring better, more important players with him.