Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Turning out fine for both City and United. They sold Balotelli but have Guidetti coming through. Now they will sell Dzeko and get in Cavani (?) They are constantly evolving. Options in attack are different from options in midfield or defence. Options in attack can influence games, especially games in which the team is struggling. Dzeko and Chicharito - classic examples

Our bench this season was built up with the likes of Bertrand, Ake etc. Only real backups in attack was 1 of Torres/Ba depending on who started, the other is on the bench. That is Very very thin, especially if there's an injury problem, in which case, there's no backup at all. Chelsea were very lucky this season as the strikers did not suffer any injuries but Ba has a well-documented knee problem and Torres has crocked up hamstrings. 4 strikers something like this will be ideal

New Signing - Lukaku - Ba - Torres

Dude, sorry, but just be quite! This is nonsense...

You are suggesting 4 strikers for a ONE striker system!

City plays with 2 strikers and Balotelli already left because he was causing too much problems with Mancini due to not playing him enough. Now, they are already with 3 strikers and there is still complaints coming from Dzeko. And that is because I didnt touch Tevez situation. ManCity will most probably sell one of Dzeko or Tevez and buy another striker. Meaning they will have 3 target men for a duo stiker formarion!

Utd also plays with 2 strikers and the last time I checked, Rooney and Chichiaito were very unhappy (for different reasons, but still). Many sources saying they want to sell both and buy Lewandowski. So they will have RVP, Lewa and Wellbeck for a duo striker formation.

Both teams had problems with the dressing room because of that and they play with 2 strikers. However, you want 4 players for one position, like it wont generate problems!!!

This is not FM where all you will get is a red unhappy tag next to the player's name and all you have to do is put him on the transfer list. The real life is vastly more complicated. Sometimes, a shit mood between the players is worse than having a bad quality squad but with desire and integration...

Madrid fits the two examples perfectly. They play with one striker and only have 2 players for the position and I hear no one moaning they need another one. Also, they have a super shit dressing room and look for how many pub teams they have lost or draw. ;)

If we indeed start the season with X + Lukaku + Ba + Torres, shit will happen. First of all, we would have a top10 wage in the reserves, which is bad enough in itself. Then, either Lukaku or Ba would be absolutely unhappy. So, what do you do? You sell an rather stablished player in EPL that just arrived or do you sell a promissing young star? Worse, where do you find a good replacement who will agree to play 8-10 games a season?

VERY COMPLICATED!!!

Dude, sorry, but just be quite! This is nonsense...

You are suggesting 4 strikers for a ONE striker system!

City plays with 2 strikers and Balotelli already left because he was causing too much problems with Mancini due to not playing him enough. Now, they are already with 3 strikers and there is still complaints coming from Dzeko. And that is because I didnt touch Tevez situation. ManCity will most probably sell one of Dzeko or Tevez and buy another striker. Meaning they will have 3 target men for a duo stiker formarion!

Utd also plays with 2 strikers and the last time I checked, Rooney and Chichiaito were very unhappy (for different reasons, but still). Many sources saying they want to sell both and buy Lewandowski. So they will have RVP, Lewa and Wellbeck for a duo striker formation.

Both teams had problems with the dressing room because of that and they play with 2 strikers. However, you want 4 players for one position, like it wont generate problems!!!

This is not FM where all you will get is a red unhappy tag next to the player's name and all you have to do is put him on the transfer list. The real life is vastly more complicated. Sometimes, a shit mood between the players is worse than having a bad quality squad but with desire and integration...

Madrid fits the two examples perfectly. They play with one striker and only have 2 players for the position and I hear no one moaning they need another one. Also, they have a super shit dressing room and look for how many pub teams they have lost or draw. ;)

If we indeed start the season with X + Lukaku + Ba + Torres, shit will happen. First of all, we would have a top10 wage in the reserves, which is bad enough in itself. Then, either Lukaku or Ba would be absolutely unhappy. So, what do you do? You sell an rather stablished player in EPL that just arrived or do you sell a promissing young star? Worse, where do you find a good replacement who will agree to play 8-10 games a season?

VERY COMPLICATED!!!

Nope. Sorry. I would sell Demba Ba and get in someone else. Ours maybe a 1 striker system but we, Chelsea fans are deluded after this season that adding 1 more striker will solve the problem in attack. Your theory is great but that is all it is. A theory. A simple injury problem will cripple that theory.

This argument about squad problems is just stupid imo. Firstly, assuming Mourinho comes, the manager is bigger than any player. Secondly, Since when does competition hurt? Didn't we see this mentality last season with Meireles and Essien and then see the fans cry for Midfield depth? Isn't this the same as settling for Benayoun and Marin as backups for the midfield trio? the same as settling for Turnbull and Hilario as Backup GK ?

edit: If Ba and Torres were great strikers, I would agree it would lead to problems but they are not.

Turning out fine for both City and United. They sold Balotelli but have Guidetti coming through. Now they will sell Dzeko and get in Cavani (?) They are constantly evolving. Options in attack are different from options in midfield or defence. Options in attack can influence games, especially games in which the team is struggling. Dzeko and Chicharito - classic examples

Our bench this season was built up with the likes of Bertrand, Ake etc. Only real backups in attack was 1 of Torres/Ba depending on who started, the other is on the bench. That is Very very thin, especially if there's an injury problem, in which case, there's no backup at all. Chelsea were very lucky this season as the strikers did not suffer any injuries but Ba has a well-documented knee problem and Torres has crocked up hamstrings. 4 strikers something like this will be ideal

Torres has no option than to stay put. Lukaku as 2nd choice and with some smart rotation, it is easily managable.

Lukaku said on belgian tv he does not want another situation that will stall his development. He is right .... We should give him the same dvelopment options as all your youngsters ... Either a good loan or playing time.

Torres has no option than to stay put. Lukaku as 2nd choice and with some smart rotation, it is easily managable.

thats OTT dude... we need 2 strikers for a one striker system. maybe have lukaku as a backup/supersub but 4 strikers is suicide. simply destroys the squad harmony .

also with 4 strikers for 1 striker system + 3 GOAL KEEPERS + 8 DEFENDERS = 15 players. so for the rest 6 midfield position we have only 10 options. thats just insane.

also dont forget that if we have injury issues, moses can play as a striker, our almost done signing schurlle can chip in too.

but 4 strikers in possibly the worst thing mou can do, and i m pretty sure we ll start the season with half the numbers that u actually want.

Lukaku said on belgian tv he does not want another situation that will stall his development. He is right .... We should give him the same dvelopment options as all your youngsters ... Either a good loan or playing time.

Why won't he get playing time as 2nd choice? He is definitely ahead of Torres and will prove to be ahead of Ba as well. As 2nd choice he will do well and get good game time

Problem in this (like everything else) : Torres - We have moved past every possible excuse for that blonde crackpot. The club shouldn't be looking for ways to accomodate him anymore. Relegate him to 4th choice. What will he do? Nobody will buy him. He will be stuck here

@didierforever

Sometimes tough love is the way to go. We can't have shit piling up in the club's underbelly. Outside the core team, who performed well? The big clubs around Europe, the Uniteds, the Bayerns etc have great options on the bench. Likes of Shaqiri, Kagawa, Robben, Chicharito sit on their benches as prime attacking options while Moses sits on ours.

- no offense to Moses or anything but you get what i meant

Nope. Sorry. I would sell Demba Ba and get in someone else. Ours maybe a 1 striker system but we, Chelsea fans are deluded after this season that adding 1 more striker will solve the problem in attack. Your theory is great but that is all it is. A theory. A simple injury problem will cripple that theory.

LOL, mine is a theory and yours is what? :lol2:

A simple injury problem will be absorved by the another striker, not by the 3 who will be on the sideline!

This argument about squad problems is just stupid imo. Firstly, assuming Mourinho comes, the manager is bigger than any player.

SAF is a big as they get and how many clashes he had with great players? Beckham, Tevez, etc, etc...

Secondly, Since when does competition hurt? Didn't we see this mentality last season with Meireles and Essien and then see the fans cry for Midfield depth? Isn't this the same as settling for Benayoun and Marin as backups for the midfield trio? the same as settling for Turnbull and Hilario as Backup GK ?

When the competition is too much, maybe? Pretty obvious!

First, GKs are a whole other issue, stupid to bring that up. Second, Benayoun and Marin are shit players with no history, they know it, so they dont complain. Third, Meireles and Essien were so happy that both left the club, lol.

Edit: If Ba and Torres were great strikers, I would agree it would lead to problems but they are not.

Ba is a great striker, I don't know what you are talking about. He is better than Arsenal's main strikers, Giroud and Podolski.

Then, Torres is a useless player but not with an useless wage. It is anything but easy to get rid of him!

Things are not simple dude, getting into a season with 4 strikers is suicide. It can ruin the dressing room and selling players in January isn't the easiest thing to do. You stall some player's development and take other's momentum, resulting in a downfall of all the 3 bench players!

Why won't he get playing time as 2nd choice? He is definitely ahead of Torres and will prove to be ahead of Ba as well. As 2nd choice he will do well and get good game time

Problem in this (like everything else) : Torres - We have moved past every possible excuse for that blonde crackpot. The club shouldn't be looking for ways to accomodate him anymore. Relegate him to 4th choice. What will he do? Nobody will buy him. He will be stuck here

@didierforever

Sometimes tough love is the way to go. We can't have shit piling up in the club's underbelly. Outside the core team, who performed well? The big clubs around Europe, the Uniteds, the Bayerns etc have great options on the bench. Likes of Shaqiri, Kagawa, Robben, Chicharito sit on their benches as prime attacking options while Moses sits on ours.

- no offense to Moses or anything but you get what i meant

the transfer window is yet to start. y are we assuming torres would stay? there are already rumors about rafa+torres to napoli and i for one belive that jose would never go with torres as his 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th striker. so we have a situation of lewandowski (i would prefer him over cavani and definitely over falcao) + BA and maybe lukaku. so that means we are going to have BA on our bench which is a very decent deal.also a bench of BA, kdb, lamps,moses, iva, cahill, backup goalie to a starting eleven of

cech; azpi, luiz, JT, cole; rambo, witsel/moutinho; mazacar; lewa will probably be good enough to challenge any team in the world.

as for your 4 strikers for 1 striker system goes, please tell me how is that supposed to work? lets not take into the question the very possible and probable problems that the playing time might cause but do tell me about the rest of the squad and how you would shape it? it would be folly...

LOL, mine is a theory and yours is what? :lol2:

A simple injury problem will be absorved by the another striker, not by the 3 who will be on the sideline!

SAF is a big as they get and how many clashes he had with great players? Beckham, Tevez, etc, etc...

When the competition is too much, maybe? Pretty obvious!

First, GKs are a whole other issue, stupid to bring that up. Second, Benayoun and Marin are shit players with no history, they know it, so they dont complain. Third, Meireles and Essien were so happy that both left the club, lol.

Ba is a great striker, I don't know what you are talking about. He is better than Arsenal's main strikers, Giroud and Podolski.

Then, Torres is a useless player but not with an useless wage. It is anything but easy to get rid of him!

Things are not simple dude, getting into a season with 4 strikers is suicide. It can ruin the dressing room and selling players in January isn't the easiest thing to do. You stall some player's development and take other's momentum, resulting in a downfall of all the 3 bench players!

1.Theory about squad problems. I'm the one denying it. Yours is more of a theory because it implies some thing happening while mine implies nothing will happen ;)

2. If Lukaku is injured, it will be back to the same shit this season. Also, i didn't mention form. Chelsea stuck with Fernando in spite of horrid form when obviously a break woulda done him good.

3. Yes but in the end who came out with the better deal in that? SAF. He sold Beckham, bought Ronaldo. Sold Tevez and got Chicharito - someone who is willing to sit on the bench and wait for his chance. The football club evolved in each case

5. Don't understand your point? Bad backup in all 3 cases because of conservative mentality. I'm not sure what you mean by Meireles and Essien wanted to go. The club sold them didn't they? There was no much reports about either of them wanting out.

6. Not someone who can lead the line at a top European side. Option to throw on when needed. Why are you afraid of putting Ba down as 3rd choice? The club will evolve whether or not Ba likes it.

1.Theory about squad problems. I'm the one denying it. Yours is more of a theory because it implies some thing happening while mine implies nothing will happen ;)

This is a theory in itself, might have to look the definition of a theory! ;)

2. If Lukaku is injured, it will be back to the same shit this season. Also, i didn't mention form. Chelsea stuck with Fernando in spite of horrid form when obviously a break woulda done him good.

If Lukaku gets injured, we play Ba (vice-versa). In a very extreme case where both would be out, we play Torres. When would we use the 4th option? NEVER!

3. Yes but in the end who came out with the better deal in that? SAF. He sold Beckham, bought Ronaldo. Sold Tevez and got Chicharito - someone who is willing to sit on the bench and wait for his chance. The football club evolved in each case

Evolved to what? A mediocre team? Because that is what they are after selling both CR7 and Tevez!

5. Don't understand your point? Bad backup in all 3 cases because of conservative mentality. I'm not sure what you mean by Meireles and Essien wanted to go. The club sold them didn't they? There was no much reports about either of them wanting out.

And they accepted it, didn't they? You are so naive!

6. Not someone who can lead the line at a top European side. Option to throw on when needed. Why are you afraid of putting Ba down as 3rd choice? The club will evolve whether or not Ba likes it.

Ba doesn't deserve to be 3rd option nor does Lukaku. I want what is best for everyone, not just for your FIFA Career Mode...

the transfer window is yet to start. y are we assuming torres would stay? there are already rumors about rafa+torres to napoli and i for one belive that jose would never go with torres as his 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th striker. so we have a situation of lewandowski (i would prefer him over cavani and definitely over falcao) + BA and maybe lukaku. so that means we are going to have BA on our bench which is a very decent deal.also a bench of BA, kdb, lamps,moses, iva, cahill, backup goalie to a starting eleven of

cech; azpi, luiz, JT, cole; rambo, witsel/moutinho; mazacar; lewa will probably be good enough to challenge any team in the world.

as for your 4 strikers for 1 striker system goes, please tell me how is that supposed to work? lets not take into the question the very possible and probable problems that the playing time might cause but do tell me about the rest of the squad and how you would shape it? it would be folly...

They are not 4 strikers of same-quality, ability. Hypothetically, put New Signing as starter. Ba and Lukaku on the bench. Lukaku the clear 2nd choice to be rotated with New Signing. Torres will get the short straw in this but the club should evolve without him rather than stagnate by accomodating him. The successful clubs do this.

btw, no doubt that core team can challenge. but where's the backup?

I agree with you. But i don't think him being given the undisputed no 2 role would stall his development. He would probably have a role in most games and would start a lot. Now a problem could be caused if Torres magically gets lots of gametime somehow. But with Mourinho i can't see him doing any of that shit. So him staying put would be a good thing.

But if we bring someone else in, then either Ba or Torres needs to go, or Lukaku goes on loan as we don't need 4 strikers. Though i would just send Torres to the Malouda area.

I agree with you. But i don't think him being given the undisputed no 2 role would stall his development. He would probably have a role in most games and would start a lot. Now a problem could be caused if Torres magically gets lots of gametime somehow. But with Mourinho i can't see him doing any of that shit. So him staying put would be a good thing.

True. He was not talking about no 2. More like a repeat of last year. If a guy like that needs to fill a year at the u21 .... Cmon.

I thnk he is right. Even though young and raw, he earned an honest shot to (co) lead our line !!

If Lukaku gets injured, we play Ba (vice-versa). In a very extreme case where both would be out, we play Torres. When would we use the 4th option? NEVER!

Evolved to what? A mediocre team? Because that is what they are after selling both CR7 and Tevez!

And they accepted it, didn't they? You are so naive!

Ba doesn't deserve to be 3rd option nor does Lukaku. I want what is best for everyone, not just for your FIFA Career Mode...

1. Squad rotation. Steve Clarke does it at WBA

2. Ronaldo has Nothing to do with our discussion about depth. Ronaldo was first choice and I'm not saying 1st choice players should be sold. That's daft. as for Tevez, why consider the club as a whole? there were many factors why they failed. Not just Tevez. Consider the position. Chicharito replaced Tevez. More than fair enough replacement

3. Where I'm naive, you're conservative. Meireles played the league game just before he left. Essien said nothing about wanting to leave. In fact he had acknowledged his poor form (in his blog i think) Not every backup player wants to leave. The good squads around Europe have much better backup than Chelsea do. Players who can come in and keep up to the same level as the first team.

Chelsea lost to QPR and Soton when resting both Mata and Hazard. Depth players should be able to come in and do the job on the pitch.

They are not 4 strikers of same-quality, ability. Hypothetically, put New Signing as starter. Ba and Lukaku on the bench. Lukaku the clear 2nd choice to be rotated with New Signing. Torres will get the short straw in this but the club should evolve without him rather than stagnate by accomodating him. The successful clubs do this.

btw, no doubt that core team can challenge. but where's the backup?

okay here's my ideal squad for next season -

goalkeepers - CECH, blackman, backup goalie. = 3

defenders - azpi, kalas(rbs), iva, JT, cahill. luiz (cbs), cole , bert (lbs) = 8

midfielders (PIVOT) - rambo, lamps, romeu, essien(mou is never goin to let him go so instead just sell mikel), WITSEL = 5

(FRONT 3) - MAZACAR, kdb, moses, schurlle = 6

strikers - ba, LEWANDOWSKI = 2

thats 24 players + probably have lukaku as a backup too.

u have a great bench, insured on injuries, rotate the squad and still put a decent team and i think we have a back up too, for eg - if we have a couple of injuries in the mid.

now lets take into account what u r saying - is 4 strikers. that means a player from the mid will have to be sacrificed. meaning again more stress on just a particular group of people (normally its mazacar) for us. rather than having torres watch us from the stands while earning 200kpw, ship him off to any club that wants him and get a replacement for the mid.

True. He was not talking about no 2. More like a repeat of last year. If a guy like that needs to fill a year at the u21 .... Cmon.

I thnk he is right. Even though young and raw, he earned an honest shot to (co) lead our line !!

I agree, i would love to see him lead our line. But knowing this board i can see us bringing another striker in, in which case he can stay if he is the definite no.2, or if not then he should go back on loan. Would be pretty epic to see Hazard, Mata, Lukaku etc, and win the league like that whem city buy cavani etc.