Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku's ex coach at Anderlecht said Chelsea is in Lukaku's heart. The kid wants another season on loan after this one to be a seasoned finished product who's premiere league ready. One problem. That leaves Chelsea with just two strikers. Forget Feruz, he's too young and will get the inevitable loan. Roman is never one to follow up a season like this current one with no splashy additions. It's inevitable that the club will pursue Cavani and Falcao to erase the Torres failure from their minds. It's unfortunate but unless the next manager puts his foot down and demands Lukaku gets involved in his plans, this kid will get bypassed for a big name striker and it's not going to end well in regards to his future with Chelsea. I don't mean to piss on Lukaku's parade today but I don't like him requesting another season on loan, it gives Roman the window of opportunity to fill the void. I personally think Lukaku and a big name striker can coexist but having seen comments from Lukaku in his time with Chelsea, I just don't see him playing second fiddle to a big name striker who will get all the minutes the way Torres did. So he needs to change his mind about extending this loan.

Not sure if its been posted, but this is a link to just the goals in that game. Was looking for one with all the highlights as he was great throughout, but couldn't find one.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxqdpj_hq-west-brom-vs-sunderland-2-1-goals-highlights_sport

We're dealing with him perfectly, he's still young and is looking more confident each week. Calling him back in Jan woulda just messed things up. He went on loan for this exact reason and i think he'll have 1 more year until hopefully Torres has pissed off and Lukaku and Ba are the main man or men. This guy will be a fucking beast for us, i can't wait to see him destroy everyone.

Not sure if its been posted, but this is a link to just the goals in that game. Was looking for one with all the highlights as he was great throughout, but couldn't find one.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxqdpj_hq-west-brom-vs-sunderland-2-1-goals-highlights_sport

Lukaku made that second goal. He just kept chasing the ball, forced the error from the Sunderland defender and got a slice of luck with the rebound of Mignolet.

Can't wait to see him in a Chelsea jersey, he'll be giving EPL defenders nightmares for years to come!

This is the kind of danger man we need. Just his sheer size and pace in addition to the fact his high work-rate spent not only making runs behind but also occupying the channels will employ an entire back-four. And, if the back-four is busy dealing with him good luck dealing with MAZACAR!!! hahahahah jizz jizz jizz, can't wait!!

Lol think its a but harsh to bring up August posts :)

Especially Kojo who has been PRO Lukaku.

I admit I had massive doubts pre-season he looked awful, but like I said about Danny and other players - give them a run and then judge them.

He's slimmed down and is a bull! I honestly think if he can keep this up and improving year on year we might have one of CFCs best ever strikers - I'm thinking Jimmy and Didier... This guy could seriously do it.

So what's the consensus opinion? Loan next year or start for CFC?

I'd love him to be starting next year - I think we will get another striker (cheaper one) in the summer but BA, Lukaku and AN Other would be cool :)

So now you understand what some people thought before the season started. He needed this loan and he will be a better player for it. I've tried to explain to you before why Chelsea have loaned the players out, but you're baffled by all of them. What you need to understand is that you're wrong. You're wrong about Lukaku's loan and you're wrong about most of the other loans.

It's why you can't formulate a response that backs-up your assertion.

There were people writing him off in the summer, and now he's banging them in so it actually was a pretty fucking clever move wasn't it?

Jesus. The board gets all the stick and none of the credit. Some people here are saying we should go into the new season with Ba, Lukaku and Feruz (which I would be happy with). That's one striker who cost the same as Bebe, one who is perhaps worth double what we paid for him at the age of 19 and another who has something special about him and could be great for us.

That to me is the work of a football club who has a bit of nous about them.

FYI I actually meant that whoever decided to loan him out, that person(s) ARE indeed fucking clever.

But one has to say he plays with a strike partner and traditional wingers, so maybe he'll have to adapt a bit here before making immediate impact. Nonetheless we could try out a 4-1-3-2 or stuff like this.

We should bring him back anyway, there will be enough games for him also when we get another striker. He starts on the bench most games at WBA and he surely should get as much time here provided our new manager actually makes subs unlike Rafa. People always say young player must get as many games as possible, but IMO that is not true. Their bodies and minds are still young and growing and have to get used to the continuous stress of top-league football. So many strikers could never realize their full potentail on a consistent level as a consequence overdoing themselves in their late teens and early twens as Michael Owen, Lukas Podolski, Sebastian Deisler, Patrick Kluivert and our very own Fernando Torres, two amazing seasons and then the injuries adn all the physical and mental pressure took their toll and their careers faded away before they were even 25.