Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

IF they qualify (which I really think is very possible this time)... I think the Belgian team can get really far in this tournament!

We have been saying that our national squad is soooo talented for many years now. Unfortunately the team played good football ... but the results were lacking.

=> we used to be the better team in almost any game... but in the end we would lose or draw (the friendly game against England is a good example).

This time it seems that the players have matured a lot and are capable of playing attractive football AND reaching a result!!

If we qualify... I predict great things to happen in Brazil. All of our players will have 2 extra years of experience under their belt + reaching the World Cup final stage will give this group such a confidence boost that they might bring some magic!

Not sure if we will qualify though. We definitely should but already threw away points against Croatia. Tough opponent anyhow of course. All next games will be crucial and so will Wilmots his choices be. I would be prefer a more experienced coach at the helm. Not sure about Wilmots' tactical acumen. But do have to credit him for putting Witsel in a defensive position while his approach with players seems to be well received.

On Lukaku and the national side: I would have liked to see him play together with Benteke during the last friendly. If only for 20 minutes. Both are doing great in the PL but are different type of players. So why not? It must be terrifying for a defense to come up against Lukaku, Benteke and also Hazard or Fellaini.

I rather expect Belgium to be at full strength at the EC 2016. Qualification should be easy with the increased number of participants and players as Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini and Dembele will be seasoned and experienced players whereas not only two years ago they were still young. Hopefully by then we have some new talent to integrate too, such as Denis Praet (Anderlecht), Zakaria Bakali, Perreira (ManU), Dickov Origi (Lille), Maxime Lestienne (Club Bruges), Mathias Bossaerts (Man City) and Charly Musonda hopefully of course. I may be forgetting some.

Also hoping for the return to his previous level of Athony Vandenborre, as there is real lack of quality at the right back position.

Sorry for the off topic! Good Romelu is getting a game to rest and fantastic he's the leading teenager goal scorer. He's improving which is the only thing we needed to see this season and as at Anderlecht he has exceeded expectations in a manner nobody expected.

That video shows just how much weight he has lost. Look at how big he is in the pre-season games in America compared to his size now, he was at least 2 stones heavier. He needs to stay light on his feet and try to be as mobile and agile as possible. He was practically overweight then compared to the size he is now.

That video shows just how much weight he has lost. Look at how big he is in the pre-season games in America compared to his size now, he was at least 2 stones heavier. He needs to stay light on his feet and try to be as mobile and agile as possible. He was practically overweight then compared to the size he is now.

He looked like an American football player during preseason...

Thank you Team Belgium on your great insights....

How do you guys predict your national team will do in 2014?

I've got a 1000 € bet running on Belgium not qualifying for Brazil, so yea I predict they'll bottle it again.

It was at the draw that I put 750 € into that bet, everyone in Belgium was saying they had a lucky draw and had one of the easiest groups in years. I knew better.

Croatia and Serbia are not a laughing matter, sure they're not Germany or Spain but they're just as good as Belgium or even better. Most importantly were the "minnows" we drew : Macedonia, Scotland, Wales. They were neglected as if they were San Marino, Liechtenstein or Faroe Islands. :doh:

The extra 250 € for the bet was settled when they appointed Wilmots as manager, he's almost a carbon copy of his predecessor who managed to fuck up an extremely easy group for EC2012. He's a motivator just like him, not a tactician which Belgium so sorely need.

I've got a 1000 € bet running on Belgium not qualifying for Brazil, so yea I predict they'll bottle it again.

It was at the draw that I put 750 € into that bet, everyone in Belgium was saying they had a lucky draw and had one of the easiest groups in years. I knew better.

Croatia and Serbia are not a laughing matter, sure they're not Germany or Spain but they're just as good as Belgium or even better. Most importantly were the "minnows" we drew : Macedonia, Scotland, Wales. They were neglected as if they were San Marino, Liechtenstein or Faroe Islands. :doh:

The extra 250 € for the bet was settled when they appointed Wilmots as manager, he's almost a carbon copy of his predecessor who managed to fuck up an extremely easy group for EC2012. He's a motivator just like him, not a tactician which Belgium so sorely need.

And the award for biggest pessimist goes to...

Jeez dude, yea they might fuck up but 1000 euro? Terrible odds mate

ps: Why do you say everyone in Belgium thinks we got an easy group? It's pretty clear that we have one of the trickiest groups. In fact I haven't heard anyone at all claim we have an easy group.

Because you referred to your own post and then said at least one belgian is unbiased . Lmao!

O, I was referring to Lukaku, etc.. He made other posts concerning belgians, but they were never over the top... Some were even critical.... Most of the other posters from belgium just defend their players to the highest regard...

O, I was referring to Lukaku, etc.. He made other posts concerning belgians, but they were never over the top... Some were even critical.... Most of the other posters from belgium just defend their players to the highest regard...

I don't think thats true, actually - looking back at the Lukaku, Kdb, Courtois, Hazard threads.

It is true that Hazard sparked some ferocious debate - it went beserk over there a while ago. But .... He is also really good and got attacked for extra-sportive reasons. Is defending a player because you think he is criticized for the wrong reasons being biased, then?

Or is it mainstream on here to just fuck over players all the time because it makes you look 'critical', wise and intelligent?

My bet is on the latter, mate!

Cheers.

And the award for biggest pessimist goes to...

Jeez dude, yea they might fuck up but 1000 euro? Terrible odds mate

ps: Why do you say everyone in Belgium thinks we got an easy group? It's pretty clear that we have one of the trickiest groups. In fact I haven't heard anyone at all claim we have an easy group.

I prefer to be called realist :D

Odds were actually pretty good 4/1, for bottlers in a hard group that's a sure bet for me. They're doing "well" so far but I'm pretty sure they won't get more than 3 points out of the 2 matches against Macedonia or they have to do something radical like ... playing with 2 strikers, imagine that :rolleyes:

I prefer to be called realist :D

Odds were actually pretty good 4/1, for bottlers in a hard group that's a sure bet for me. They're doing "well" so far but I'm pretty sure they won't get more than 3 points out of the 2 matches against Macedonia or they have to do something radical like ... playing with 2 strikers, imagine that :rolleyes:

Can't see Wilmots changing 'his system' as long as the results are there. He should've tried Lukaku+Benteke in the friendly, but as you said, Wilmots isnt a tactician.

4/1 for qualification? Really? I guess part of that is due to our failure to qualify for any tournament for ages.. Still, 1000euro is a lot of money to lose, for me at least.