Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Most of us can see Chelsea´s mistake on loaning Lukaku. Somehow, you don´t. Should I be surprised ? I guess not.

When Chelsea saw how pathetic Ferda was, mind you it was obvious after 2 months, they could have brought Lukaku home. Even could have saved money on BA, even though I am happy to see him at Chelsea now, & Lukaku could be playing in just about every game now. The end result, the kid is too good & should play ahead of Ferda, just maybe even BA ?

Now you're just factually wrong. Chelsea couldn't have brought him back after 2 months - they could only have brought him back in January.

Now you see how that's factually wrong - apply that to the rest of your thinking on this subject. The Lukaku you want to bring home now wasn't the Lukaku who was loaned out in August.

Now if you want to suggest we should've brought him back in January, then you might have a point. That'll be new for you won't it.

It can't have been a mistake to send him on a loan. Maybe he could have made the same evolution while at Chelsea but it would just have been more difficult. He's proving now that he has probably got what it takes to play at Chelsea which is something long not everybody was sure about.

Should he stay another year? Probably he should because how is performing now is simply amazing. Can only get better in a second year whereas next year at Chelsea he may again not be first choice.

Now you're just factually wrong. Chelsea couldn't have brought him back after 2 months - they could only have brought him back in January.

Now you see how that's factually wrong - apply that to the rest of your thinking on this subject. The Lukaku you want to bring home now wasn't the Lukaku who was loaned out in August.

Now if you want to suggest we should've brought him back in January, then you might have a point. That'll be new for you won't it.

Where did I say after 2 months ? IN JANUARY ffs! Wake up.

And again someone manages to trash a thread with the idiotic Torres/Benitez arguments. Not going to sink that low because you will beat me in your game.

you trashed Ba /Lukaku /Feruz and continually back ANYONE supporting Torres and Benitez .... so yes crawl away with Rupert and friends

you trashed Ba /Lukaku /Feruz and continually back ANYONE supporting Torres and Benitez .... so yes crawl away with Rupert and friends

Never have I said anything bad about them three and you know it. I disagree with anyone who are EXTREME in their views. Rupert is extreme pro Benitez/Torres and you are extreme anti Benitez/Torres. I opt for the golden middleway and try to stay open in my views not blaming one person for all the bad things happening in this club. I get that this is the Internet and our IDs are 'hidden' but that doesn't mean we should say anything that comes in our minds, let's stay civilized and respect different opinions. Last words, not going to bother.

people are surprised he s doin well? As already said he only made few appearances last season in pl (had1match and a half )... and he received more time in domestic cup (the leaguecup.... the one ppl don't care about. right? ) now with more time and several full matches he find the form, the rythm, he had when playing with Anderlecht. the premier league was a new and impressive world for him. Chelsea just did not let him enough time to settle in. I am convinced what he does now he would have been already able to do it with a Chelsea shirt last season .because he was already impressing with Anderlecht in championship and european cups.. at least I am happy he makes few people regret... but well, I can understand a 50mil man cannot sit on a bench, or a manager can be impatient and fear to get sacked...

People need to calm down with saying Chelsea making a mistake in loaning him out. There is no way he would have made such strides in his play if he was still at Chelsea. Instead of praising the board of finding the PERFECT team for his loan we have people criticizing them. The board has made mistakes but credit where it's due they've organized some wonderful loans for our young talents.

Ba/Lukaku/Feruz vs Tevez/Dzeko/Agüero vs Van Persie/Hernandez/Rooney/Welbeck vs Sturridge/Suarez/Borini vs Benzema/Higuain/Ronaldo vs Messi,Villa,Sanchez,Pedro vs Gomez,Mandzukic(they've also got Müller, Robben, Ribery, Kroos)

Our strikeforce would only be comparable to Liverpool's IF EVEN THAT. Going into the new season with those three is like shooting yourself into the foot before entering a marathon. They're class act but at the ages of 17 and 19 they aren't there yet, and rightly so. We will need to and I'm 90% sure we'll go for a striker come the transfer window

Not one of us says it was totally wrong to send him out. Of course, it was much better than just staying at Chelsea & not playing.

All I am saying for umpteen times, Lukaku could have been recalled in January & play for the club.

Perhaps, it´s too difficult for someone here & we know for whom, but that´s my opinion.

People need to calm down with saying Chelsea making a mistake in loaning him out. There is no way he would have made such strides in his play if he was still at Chelsea. Instead of praising the board of finding the PERFECT team for his loan we have people criticizing them. The board has made mistakes but credit where it's due they've organized some wonderful loans for our young talents.

yes but knowing the kid whose it was a dream to come to chelsea, this affected him. and following this , this loan could also have been a nightmare for him.I mean we know some guys who barely play 5 matches on loan ... this could have been painful and a long season nightmare but luckily he has quickly shown and proven what he can do... and luckily he wont be the next kakuta ....

Yes indeed.

I agree: it is a big problem that Fernanda is our number one striker. Ba is good indeed, but he doesn't start often because of the fat waiter and also 1 good striker in an absolute top football team just isn't enough. The board indeed should realise this. Think for example of the Europa League. Because of our own stupid foult we only have Nanda to play upfront, whilst in my opinion, the Europa League is a price too, so we should try to win it.

BUT

People should also realise that it was indeed a smart move to loan out Romelu Lukaku. He's only 19 and as I and my fellow Belgians witnessed in Belgium, this is a guy who really keeps improving IF he can play. Now, anyone who's crazy enough to say he would have gotten a proper chance as Chelsea's number one striker this season is, sorry, just fooling himself. Nanda is here, as is his idiotic friend, and you just can't keep a 50 million player on the bench for a 19 year old who ( at the beginning of the season) had not yet proven himself in the premier league.

Don't get me wrong, I really wish this could be possible, but wake up : football just doesn't work like that. However, we don't have to ignore the facts: Romelu is rocking at West Brom. Like I said before: he already scored 12 premier league goals, he is the youngest non-British player to ever score 10 goals in the Premier league, he is only the 3 west bromwich player to reach the 10 goals in one season mark. Also, we can all see his improvement: he's even faster, he's even stronger, he look sharper, his first touch improved dramatically, his positioning is better, he knows when to pass, his work rate is very high and he's a very humble guy much liked by his teammates.

And for those missing this : Romelu is constantly declaring in the press how much he likes playing football, how hard he trains to get better and how glad he's to be on loan so that he can improve. Now, I think ( I hope anyway) that there are no retards on this beautiful forum, and if this is indeed the case, we all know that atm playing in West Brom is better than warming a bench in Chelsea. Let the guy improve, week after week, and then, one beautiful day, he will come back to Chelsea and we will all feel very melancholic: a new Droga has arrived

So i would say let's just enjoy him destroying other teams while we sit this season through. Watching MOTD is fun tonight, because of our 19 year old. Then, in the summer, let's think the matter through and do what's best for the player.

Ba/Lukaku/Feruz vs Tevez/Dzeko/Agüero vs Van Persie/Hernandez/Rooney/Welbeck vs Sturridge/Suarez/Borini vs Benzema/Higuain/Ronaldo vs Messi,Villa,Sanchez,Pedro vs Gomez,Mandzukic(they've also got Müller, Robben, Ribery, Kroos)

Our strikeforce would only be comparable to Liverpool's IF EVEN THAT. Going into the new season with those three is like shooting yourself into the foot before entering a marathon. They're class act but at the ages of 17 and 19 they aren't there yet, and rightly so. We will need to and I'm 90% sure we'll go for a striker come the transfer window

my remark saying Feruz was our 3rd was t ongue in cheek then jumped on by your friend . Actually like many on here I am totally sick of the Benitez and Torres apologists ... Rupert

is an obvious troll but it seems others follow him,,,, BUT if it was a choice between Feruz and Torres I would choose the boy

So now you understand what some people thought before the season started. He needed this loan and he will be a better player for it. I've tried to explain to you before why Chelsea have loaned the players out, but you're baffled by all of them. What you need to understand is that you're wrong. You're wrong about Lukaku's loan and you're wrong about most of the other loans.

It's why you can't formulate a response that backs-up your assertion.

Can you please but me on block or something if you have a problem with me?

It's quite annoying you constantly quoting me and having a go like an old man. The thing is i was one of the few who stuck up for Lukaku, that post was what i thought out of negativity, not what i thought would actually happen. And I'm proud of him, proven a lot wrong and he's looking good, I'm glad he didn't get benched like most of our youngsters.

NOW, BLOCK ME.

my remark saying Feruz was our 3rd was t ongue in cheek then jumped on by your friend . Actually like many on here I am totally sick of the Benitez and Torres apologists ... Rupert

is an obvious troll but it seems others follow him,,,, BUT if it was a choice between Feruz and Torres I would choose the boy

Stop reading so much into my posts. You took it way too personally, because I didn't even quote you. I just said that even though Lukaku, Feruz and Ba are great, we shouldn't put all our hopes on them three. Only reason I brought up Feruz as third striker is that obviously Torres won't cut it. (Looking back I see that you suggested him as our third striker, I wasn't aware of that so nothing personal.) No way how and why you brought in Torres and Benitez as I didn't mention them in any form. I've got no idea why are you being so hostile towards me.