• Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Thiago Silva was immense today, Zouma looked amazing next to him, Havertz showed why people call him a generational talent, and don't get me started on Chilwell. 

The whole team just clicked, but I have a feeling that we can play much better attacking wise. Once Pulisic and Ziyech come back, then we'll look completely different. We need more directness in midfield and better play in the final third. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Fong said:

Chilwell MOTM, not bad for someone who’s signed to make Mount happy huh.

I see no difference in two halves and they were both good to me, yet some said we were shit at half time and good game after the final whistle, I mean lol, most of the fans are result driven nowadays which is understandable though.

P.s. I can see why people say Havertz is generational talent now.

Based on this performance, you start to understand why people say havertz is generational talent?

May you elaborate it more

Based on this performance, you start to understand why people say havertz is generational talent?

May you elaborate it more

No, he’s been good for few matches already. My Havertz comment was not based on this match only, he’s been gradually better and better after settling.

6 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Chris shouldnt have a sniff on the pitch now, clearly Silva and Kurk the go to go CB's

Couldn't disagree more. For me Zouma does not belong in a club like chelsea. Can be used in certain situations, but not good enough as a starter (same as Abraham).

It's not because he's a terrible defender, reckon he'd be excellent in a lot of PL clubs and some, but he's just a waste of space in a game like today.

Against super weak opposition, like CP, his poor passing adds nothing. Against top opposition, they will stick a player on silva at all times and switch on and off applying pressure on zouma to regain possession. That leaves the odd away games, against teams who employ set pieces a lot.

In any top club both CBs need to know what to do with the football and zouma simply does not - that can and will be exploited.

Good game by all, but don't take too much from it - really poor opposition with heavy touches all over.

BTW, looks like we finally have a goalkeeper.

11 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

You can also say they were fatigued in the second half to give us more space to move and pass, based on the first half’s effort.

1st half, nothing really happen. Lot of praise for our attacker but honestly nothing really happen, you need to be more aggressive playing packed defense. It was like watching Sarriball

It was better after the restart but we scored just 5 minutes into the 2nd half when Sakho gave CHO the ball in his box. We scored hence Palace need to open up a bit, but honestly even after then I can't remember we created any notable chances. 

Good, now let's settle for this back five and move forward from there. Feel we're like a drug addict coming off his rehab, we need small steps, but hopefully it'll get better.

Next we need Pulisic and Ziyech fully fit and things should be more clearer and the constant chopping and chaning must stop, even if it takes a few bad results before they all gel in together. 

Mendy - Azpilicueta, Silva, Zouma, Chilwell - Kante, Jorginho - Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech - Werner.

I've just watched the game in full.

Great defensively which is very nice to see. Great defensive pairing.
Chillwell easily the MOTM. Difference with him and alonso/Emerson was crazy. Even if he didn't score I think he was my MOTM.

Jorginho is out pen taker he takes the pens end of. We have an order and stick to it. Timo will get plenty of chances to score. Imagine at 2 nil timo takes it and misses and they score. The uproar. Jorgi is a great pen taker he takes the pens if he's on the pitch.

Timo is playing there out of necessity and won't be there long term so I'm sure he will be fine and soon be playing down the middle. I'd still want to see a bit more from him but he wasn't bad just struggled to get in the game. Kai looked good for the most part. Jorginho was very good as well.

Can't not be happy with that.