• Jorginho
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

14 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Couldn't disagree more. For me Zouma does not belong in a club like chelsea. Can be used in certain situations, but not good enough as a starter (same as Abraham).

It's not because he's a terrible defender, reckon he'd be excellent in a lot of PL clubs and some, but he's just a waste of space in a game like today.

Against super weak opposition, like CP, his poor passing adds nothing. Against top opposition, they will stick a player on silva at all times and switch on and off applying pressure on zouma to regain possession. That leaves the odd away games, against teams who employ set pieces a lot.

In any top club both CBs need to know what to do with the football and zouma simply does not - that can and will be exploited.

Good game by all, but don't take too much from it - really poor opposition with heavy touches all over.

BTW, looks like we finally have a goalkeeper.

In some games maybe, but most of the time I pick Kurk anyday over him. Chris is lightweight, soft as fuck. When it comes to actually defending I'll pick Zouma. Yes our keeper situation looks much better already :yes:

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

you're watching the wrong Havertz then

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485216/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Chelsea-Crystal-Palace

Maybe, maybe not. He had 5 "bad touches" leading to loss of possession.

Seemed slow, to the point he was dispossessed, and had to make a bad tackle (eze). 

Not an indication of his talents, but he is way off in settling down and learning about this league. If mount had put in that performanfe, lost the ball as many times, he would have been slaughtered. 

21 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485216/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Chelsea-Crystal-Palace

Seemed slow, to the point he was dispossessed, and had to make a bad tackle (eze). 

Not an indication of his talents, but he is way off in settling down and learning about this league. If mount had put in that performanfe, lost the ball as many times, he would have been slaughtered. 

In my opinion, Kai played very well against a mid-table team like Chrystal Palace; indeed he needs to adapt to PL, his teammates, and it remains to be seen how he will perform against top clubs, but he can only improve over time. I am not worried at all. Fantastic player.

43 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Yeah Mount is slated whatever he does. But that's the life of Chelsea fans 🤣

3 hours ago, BXL70 said:

In my opinion, Kai played very well against a mid-table team like Chrystal Palace; indeed he needs to adapt to PL, his teammates, and it remains to be seen how he will perform against top clubs, but he can only improve over time. I am not worried at all. Fantastic player.

Fair enough. 

I felt he was way off the pace. Lost the ball way too many times, for me to classify this as a good performance. But it's true, it can only get better from here.

Superb game by us ... 4 goals and a clean sheet, what more to ask! 

- Surprise surprise no Mount for 90 mins 

- Chilwell had a brilliant debut in PL for us. The goal and his position for it was something which we're used to seeing Alonso as well but Chilwell was superb while defending which is something we didnt see often. Loved the defensive side on the left. 

- Defensive we were able to stay put. The star for me was Zouma ... he was solid, aggressive, commanding at times, determined. I hope he's consistent along side with rest of the defense. 

- Jorginho really put the shifts yesterday. It isnt a natural thing for him but he gave it more than 100% while defending at the back along with constant press. 

- Werner wouldnt be a 20-25 goals striker for us, our goals would be distributed among our players because we dont have a point man (my opinion) 

- Mount, Werner, Kante, Chilwell, James would be a crictial part of Lampard's ultra press, Ziyech and Odio are going to provide inlet into the final thrid or box while Pulisic & Tammy would be players moving directly towards the goal. 

- Havertz would seem to be the laziest player when compared with the other player however he is the focal point of Lampard strategy. He bring in intelligence in the game. His short precise passes, exploiting the gaps and finding that perfect through ball is what he would bring to the table. 

- Based on our last games, our final third transistion and finishing is still just about average. It seems that Lampard would deploy a possession style with teams who are going to dig deep while for those with attacking style we would allow them the ball and hit them on break. In both cases we are still not confident in the final third ... we need to be clincial while on the break and have to get into dangerous position while in possession. Something that we need to work and raise our level. 

All depends how Lampard tweaks the team and the chemistry which will decide whether we progress or regress.