• Hudson-Odoi
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

No shot on target for CP

They sat there waiting for the counter and our Defence was just not having it. Simply extinguished every one of their attacks before it unfolded or put in clutch tackles. We made a team that dominated at old Trafford with great Organisation and pace look like Northern Ireland NT. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I see no difference in two halves and they were both good to me, yet some said we were shit at half time and good game after the final whistle, I mean lol, most of the fans are result driven nowadays which is understandable though.

Guess you could say the same about Lampard then...

Just now, Ryan Fong said:

Really? Did he say it was shit first half? It takes time to wear out a double decker. Simple as that.

The point is, despite dominating the first half, we didn't do well enough to break Palace down. Second half was better because there was more movement and better passing, just like Lampard said. 

The point is, despite dominating the first half, we didn't do well enough to break Palace down. Second half was better because there was more movement and better passing, just like Lampard said. 

You can also say they were fatigued in the second half to give us more space to move and pass, based on the first half’s effort.

Just now, Ryan Fong said:

You can also say they were fatigued in the second half to give us more space to move and pass, based on the first half’s effort.

Whatever. Twist it however you want.

Have a nice day.

40 minutes ago, communicate said:

Good win, good epl debut for Chilwell other than that we play very2 slow football, honestly without any clue on how to break them down. 

Our tactical foul really helped, our two cb played very2 well, azpi pretty much handled zaha pretty well and palace was so2 bad, even when they had opportunity to attack us they just kept losing the ball. 

Great shout this. 

The tactical fouling aspect was definitely coached. 

Pleasure to see Havertz play today.

Looks like all he need was some pre-season fitness to get going.

So confident.

Werner would be good in a more central role, but I wonder if playing as a lone CF against packed defenses like Palace is really his style.

He might be better feeding off knockdowns from someone like Giroud against those kinds of defense.

Also in terms of defense..

I don't think its a stretch to say that having calm experienced heads like Silva, Azpilicueta and Mendy really helped?

The keeper was barely tested, and Zaha was contained effectively.