The Mourinho Thread

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2432173/chelsea-premier-league-title-solid-but-not-spectacular

There was no challenge; Chelsea are in a class of their own.

Besides, almost every season supporters attempt to detract from the title winners' achievements by questioning their rivals, as if there was some golden age with half-a-dozen sides of title-winning quality. There wasn't, and this Chelsea would be champions in the vast majority of Premier League campaigns.

I have been saying this for three years ,,, at least 3 young players need to be in the squad ,,, AND PLAYED not talked about , not all in the same game but rotated ..

I have been saying this for three years ,,, at least 3 young players need to be in the squad ,,, AND PLAYED not talked about , not all in the same game but rotated ..

I love Gary Neville the pundit and also loved him as a player. Not the greatest player but a great leader and, in my opinion, a massive part of United's dominant sides. There is something missing in the comments he makes in that video however. The why. Why is it important that the youngsters must be brought through?

I think I watch as much youth coverage as most people and more than many. Like almost all of us I'd love to see some of the kids come through and I have hopes that one or two of them might but, I ask again, why must this happen? It is not, not, not an end in itself. The end is to have a strong squad, offering Jose many solutions with quality cover in all areas. Where those players come from is surely less important isn't it?

Yes, home grown players are desirable and I could offer some arguments on why they are important. One or two of you might even be able to offer some I may not have thought of but I simply do not accept that the promotion of youth is an essential task for Jose. Or perhaps I should say that it should not be seen as such by Roman. It's natural that the owner would want to see a return on the investment and if he watches the development squads then he will surely have formed positive opinions on some of the junior squad. What is essential however is that Jose keeps the club challenging for the big three trophies and that he continues to improve our ability to sustain a pleasing style of play. That's the real goal and let's not lose sight of it.

I love Gary Neville the pundit and also loved him as a player. Not the greatest player but a great leader and, in my opinion, a massive part of United's dominant sides. There is something missing in the comments he makes in that video however. The why. Why is it important that the youngsters must be brought through?

I think I watch as much youth coverage as most people and more than many. Like almost all of us I'd love to see some of the kids come through and I have hopes that one or two of them might but, I ask again, why must this happen? It is not, not, not an end in itself. The end is to have a strong squad, offering Jose many solutions with quality cover in all areas. Where those players come from is surely less important isn't it?

Yes, home grown players a desirable and I could offer some arguments on why they are important. One or two of you might even be able to offer some I may not have thought of but I simply do not accept that the promotion of youth is an essential task for Jose. Or perhaps I should say that it should not be seen as such By Roman. It's natural that the owner would want to see a return on the investment and if he watches the development squads then he will surely have formed positive opinions on some of the junior squad. What is essential however is that Jose keeps the club challenging for the big three trophies and that he continues to improve our ability to sustain a pleasing style of play. That's the real goal and let's not lose sight of it.

think of the name you have ,, He was a Chelsea boy before we even had an academy .. I think I shall put you on ignore .. Suggest you do the same with me

think of the name you have ,, He was a Chelsea boy before we even had an academy .. I think I shall put you on ignore .. Suggest you do the same with me

Overreaction?

I can see both sides of the argument - but apart from a few years, United also failed to integrate good youth. Arsenal and Liverpool have tried and failed

As Jose said in that interview - there are no gimme's in this league which makes a difficult job (winning) almost an impossible job

It's an easy thing to say, but to do is hard. I still think the Cup competition is the best way - Arsenal did it upto The Final IIRC - then switched the youth to the normal team - which was pretty cuntish

Maybe 1 or 2 players next season in a bit part role is all we can expect

Overreaction?

That's his way, disagree and he takes it to a personal level.

How he gets away with it ill never know, he's basically another version of Kojo (who got banned).

No I certainly will not put you on ignore and I'll be disappointed if you have carried out your threat to ignore me. That of course is beyond my control however.

As for the great Jimmy, he would walk into our current starting line up but that's because he is one of the greatest players who ever lived, not because he's a Chelsea youth product.

And speaking of Jimmy, all the very best to him. I really, really hope he pulls through this stroke and recovers as well as possible. I wish him many more happy, and relatively healthy, years.

It's extremely cost effective: Successfully integrating a youngster into the first team will save us money and eliminate the need to splash the cash unnecessarily. It's always better to be as cost efficient as possible and even more so in this FFP climate.

Homegrown: At the moment, we only have a handful of homegrown players in the team and from next season, we will struggle to fill the quota. bringing through a couple of these youngsters can/will solve the problem

And then there's sentimental reasons such as the feeling of satisfaction and joy the fans derive from seeing a local lad whose development they have followed closely from a very young age and can identify with make it at the club. How do you think those fans that saw a young JT playing in our reserve team back in the 90's feel yesterday when they saw him win his 4th premier league trophy as captain?

Agree with everything you have said. These things are unarguably true but they still do not make it essential that we have home grown players in the side. It would be useful if we can fill our quota and even more useful if the players concerned can be genuinely contributing members of the squad but still not essential. The most important thing about squad members is how good they are, not how they came to be here.

I do follow Spanish football and you are spot on. Guardiola is definitely the type of manager who has two faces, one in front of the camera and another behind it. He's the type of manager players respect out of fear not admiration.

Look here how he explodes at Alexis for getting injured following international break.

You don't see this face of his in front of the cameras.

Also, let us not forget this is the manager who hired private detectives to spy on Ronaldinho, Deco, Etoo and Pique.

We should also not forget that Guardiola has harassed officials before - he even wanted to punch the referee in the Dortmund game recently - and then embarrassed Bayern's club doctor by sarcastically applauding him during the game because of injuries.

Last time Chelsea won PL was back in 2010. In 2 seasons, Mourinho already reached one UCL semi-final, and 2 domestic trophies, including a major one. Thats quite impressive for any manager. Perhaps he is not as good as he used to be, but definitely he seems the right man for the job at his moment.