The Mourinho Thread

Think he will bring through youth but probably just 1-3 players at most next season. Considering his record to begin with, think that will be a good start.

To be honest, we can't expect anything too big. I have friends from Inter and Milan, who all said that after the CL win, they didn't buy much, but gave most of their youth a chance and that really backfired.

I'd personally prefer it if we gave only Ruben a chance, rather than that, maybe Boga or Traore(Work Permit given) to be a rotation option in a last resort. We need world class talent mixed with young players, and only on spots needed can we have the luxury of bringing in young talent.

To be honest, we can't expect anything too big. I have friends from Inter and Milan, who all said that after the CL win, they didn't buy much, but gave most of their youth a chance and that really backfired.

I'd personally prefer it if we gave only Ruben a chance, rather than that, maybe Boga or Traore(Work Permit given) to be a rotation option in a last resort. We need world class talent mixed with young players, and only on spots needed can we have the luxury of bringing in young talent.

Not expecting anything drastic given Mourinho's poor record in bringing young players through but integrating 1-2 is decent to start with. They definitely won't be starters but should get enough decent game time over the season. At least I hope they will.

He's already mentioned and praised Loftus-Cheek and Solanke would probably be in line as well.

Both players have 0 first team football experience though. And while Mou did make that promise, he also said Chelsea is not the right environment for young players. Whoever is making it through will have to pull a Courtois I think. As in, an extremely succesful loan spell at a high level.

Btw, I was thinking about something. Both at Madrid and in his first stint at Chelsea things looked very rosy after the 2nd season (Inter was just 2 seasons). The third season didn't go well though. Not as well as Mou or the club would have liked anyway. Will it be different this time? I can't imagine things not going well tbh.

Both players have 0 first team football experience though. And while Mou did make that promise, he also said Chelsea is not the right environment for young players. Whoever is making it through will have to pull a Courtois I think. As in, an extremely succesful loan spell at a high level.

Btw, I was thinking about something. Both at Madrid and in his first stint at Chelsea things looked very rosy after the 2nd season (Inter was just 2 seasons). The third season didn't go well though. Not as well as Mou or the club would have liked anyway. Will it be different this time? I can't imagine things not going well tbh.

Both times there was a huge rift between him and the players (RM), board (here). I doubt it'd be the same. There may be a dip in form or not the same dominance in the league, but I don't expect it to be drasticly big.

Well, they aren't going to get first team experience if you don't give them the opportunity to show what they can do. I do think Mourinho was talking a bit of nonsense when he said the club is not the right environment for young players. Obviously we are highly competitive and want to win every trophy possible but no one is asking him to bring through 11 youth players. Integrating 1-3 players is hardly going to affect the team, is it? Man United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich have done it down the years.

The amount of talented players we have now is higher than what we had previously and it would be criminal if Mourinho doesn't do it justice. I'm not going to jump the gun and expect Mourinho to promote the players just yet but can at least hope for it. There needs to be a progression in this area and pretty sure the fans along with Roman want to see that happen.

But remember, there were plenty of disputes happening off the pitch with Mourinho and the board back then which led to a difficult third season. There's no sign of that happening this time around with Mourinho and the board working in unison to make sure we stay successful and progress as a club.

I don't follow Spanish football at all, but I've heard of this before. I've even heard that he and Messi have issues as well. From what little I've seen of him, I don't like Pep. He strikes me as someone who isn't particularly honest and genuine, not with what he says but with him emotions and intentions for other people. Jose might lie to the media when he feels necessary, but you can always tell that his feelings for his players, fans..etc. are always genuine.

I do follow Spanish football and you are spot on. Guardiola is definitely the type of manager who has two faces, one in front of the camera and another behind it. He's the type of manager players respect out of fear not admiration.

Look here how he explodes at Alexis for getting injured following international break.

You don't see this face of his in front of the cameras.

Also, let us not forget this is the manager who hired private detectives to spy on Ronaldinho, Deco, Etoo and Pique.

Well, they aren't going to get first team experience if you don't give them the opportunity to show what they can do. I do think Mourinho was talking a bit of nonsense when he said the club is not the right environment for young players. Obviously we are highly competitive and want to win every trophy possible but no one is asking him to bring through 11 youth players. Integrating 1-3 players is hardly going to affect the team, is it? Man United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich have done it down the years.

I agree and you'd think so, but whether it's going to happen... The way I see it, the club knew what they were getting with Mourinho. Maybe he'll stay a few more years, and his successor will have that responsibility.

Chelsea are boring under Jose Mourinho, says Ruud Gullit

Chelsea play “ugly” football under Jose Mourinho and the Premier League’s runaway leaders deserve to be branded as boring because of their refusal to attack teams, their former manager Ruud Gullit has said.

Chelsea F.C., who have already won the League Cup this season, boast a 13-point lead at the top of the table after coming from behind to beat Leicester City 3-1 on Wednesday – this was ahead of the game against Crystal Palace which crowned Chelsea champions.

They can seal a first title since 2010 if they beat Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, but their brand of football that prioritises a watertight defence has drawn some criticism from rival supporters for being boring.

“His team is boring when, in my opinion, the players he has deserve much better. Mourinho deserves his negative label because of the calculated way he makes Chelsea play,” Gullit said in the Mirror newspaper.

“I find it astonishing, because his players are capable of brilliant football, as we saw on Wednesday for a brief moment when they were losing 1-0 at Leicester and were suddenly forced to put their foot on the accelerator.

“You could see their hunger to attack and the joy that playing like that brought to the players. They loved it. They were sparkling. Then, as soon as Chelsea were winning 2-1, Mourinho wanted to bring on Kurt Zouma, the defensive midfielder, to keep everything close up.”

Gullit, who ended Chelsea’s 26-year wait for a major success by guiding them to the FA Cup in 1997, believes Portuguese coach Mourinho should change his approach for the benefit of the game.

“I can’t fault Chelsea when it comes to results and Mourinho is a top class coach… but when you have this kind of quality in your squad, you must bring more attractive football,” Gullit said.

“It does not bother him one bit. He talks cynically and starts saying stuff that in future we will play without goals and that only ball possession will decide games.

“In the end it is a matter of taste. You either like it or not to win the Mourinho style.

“For me, it does not work. I really feel sorry for the players. They win, but in England every football fan says, ‘Yes, they win, but not in style’. Yet the players have so much quality.

“They could win almost every game in style if Mourinho was prepared to play with the handbrake off. You would see great football with lots of goals.”

He denies saying those words to the English media but doesn't deny the words themselves. They've just translated one of his Dutch sports columns apparently: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/23996054/__Column_Gullit___Boring__Chelsea__.html

He denies saying those words to the English media but doesn't deny the words themselves. They've just translated one of his Dutch sports columns apparently: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/23996054/__Column_Gullit___Boring__Chelsea__.html

I would like to see proper translation from Dutch speakers. Because I can't see a part about Zouma etc. in Telegraaf and Google translate doesn't make his words so aggressive, as in Mirror's translation.

I would like to see proper translation from Dutch speakers. Because I can't see a part about Zouma etc. in Telegraaf and Google translate doesn't make his words so aggressive, as in Mirror's translation.

This little part is just a sample, u need to be a premium member to read the full column.