The English Football Thread

Steve

Not the best team?? Who comes up these silly excuses, on New Year's Day last year Utd were 7 points clear at the top. Same team, different manager. People underestimate the embarrassment factor a lot of these pros must have at Utd, they were winners, they had winners around them. Now they have the 'Everton management team' I can feel their embarrassment from here. Moyes doesn't know what he is doing and his attitude and new personnel has done nothing but drag Utd down. I have a mate who supports them and he said it was the most miserable preseason he had ever seen. The team were not just sad Fergie was gone but that Gollum was replacing him.

All this he didn't inherit a good team is rubbish they were a very good team and I say that as a Chelsea fan . That so called 'not great team' was 14 points ahead of us last season.

To give someone with no winning experience, virtually non existent European football experience such a job was crazy.

This is not an excuse to say Moyes is a good manager but he has been unfortunate with injuries to their key players. RvP, Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Fellaini and now Rooney. All of them are probably core players at United and they have been injured at various times this season. Anyone would find it tough to manage the United squad with injuries to their key players especially someone with no experience at a big club

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

This is not an excuse to say Moyes is a good manager but he has been unfortunate with injuries to their key players. RvP, Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Fellaini and now Rooney. All of them are probably core players at United and they have been injured at various times this season. Anyone would find it tough to manage the United squad with injuries to their key players especially someone with no experience at a big club

KEY PLAYER, FELLANI????

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thanks Mate, defining Fellani as a key player will keep me laughing into Februaryf

Exactly. People are coming up with excuses for his poor tactics and management.

If he was AVB, he would have been skinned alive by the press.

eh, I dont blame Moyes to the full extent....

Last season, the big teams were all on bad form, which is why I always thought last season United was the worse Champs in a while.... In addition, RVP saved this behinds so many times last season...

The transfer market was kind of peculiar.. Why would Thiago/Cesc go play under Moyes? I dont know if it was his idea or the board, but the transfer market completely backfired on them...Also, the whole Fellani transfer was rather unneccessary. However, I think it helped Everton in the long run (retaining a proper DM)..

Expect United to have what Liverpool has occurred these past few seasons...

Walcott out for six months after rupturing his ACL against Spurs, will miss the rest of the season as well as the World Cup. Huge blow to his teams but most of all to himself, hard to say how much it will affect his game which relies massively on pace.

Arsenal will probably be on the market for another winger now.

Walcott out for six months after rupturing his ACL against Spurs, will miss the rest of the season as well as the World Cup. Huge blow to his teams but most of all to himself, hard to say how much it will affect his game which relies massively on pace.

Yep. Wouldn't be surprised if they now go and buy Draxler or someone else they've been heavily linked with.

I'd never wish injury upon a player, but now that he is injured I'm glad. Anything to harm Arse and bring the unbearable bastards back down to earth.

Just hope they don't bring in another world class, Özil quality signing this month.

Nobody will be happier than spurs fans for this news

Shame really, obviously not for us but not nice seeing someone miss the WC etc, this is the pinnacle of players career and you have to feel for him, he maybe an Arsenal player but it must be very hard to take this.

Speedy recovery to him, but not too fast.

Will Arsenal go through a similar downfall like a couple of years ago when Eduardo got injured in Birmingham? Title candidates before that, total collapse afterwards.

I hope so.

Nothing would please me more than seeing Arse finish outside of the top 4 after thinking they are world beaters for the first half of the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10553389/West-Ham-United-complete-surprise-move-for-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-defender-Roger-Johnson.html

West Ham need a CB...so they decide to bring in Roger Johnson (a 30 year old playing for a championship club in the relegation zone)

even if he is an arsenal player, feeling sorry for him. wasnt playing 1 minute 2006, capello did not nominate him 2010 and now he is missing a WC again...must be destroyed