• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Nah they lost to Leeds in this round a few seasons back.The rest just lol..hadnt lost to Newcastle in years...then they do among other things.Funny...

Yeah same its annoying.Though they have been looking decent in a few games then go back to being crap.6 year contract woops!

Ah yeah at home to Leeds, i know they went 24 years without losing in the 3rd round, that musta been before the Leeds game then. Oh well it's still good to see :D

The league this season is amazingly very competitive. We just can not underestimate any opponent anymore like we used to. Every big club has had a surprising loss so when this club goes through a rough phase,its important to understand the whole situation and not lose hope.

Although yes it should not be used an excuse all the time because we are a club with extremely talented players and managerial staff.

Its just sad that the lack of a class striker has forcibly restricted us and kept us in the same kind of boat with our title rivals.

Just tells you that it'll only get better for us next season.

Their squad has been average for two and half seasons, now. Fergie knew what he was doing by retiring last season.

Definitely, which only adds to his brilliancy!

Fergie was a genius. I absolutely hate him, but the man has a tremendous timing.

He knew exactly when he had to do what. He knew he wasnt able to renew his squad and that his era was coming to an end, so he invested in a last hurrah (aka. RVP) to retire in style!

Also, dont go thinking he is sad by how Moyes and ManUtd are doing. SAF is perfectly happy to see people pleaing for his return...

but he was too dumb to realise what would happen ,,,,should have waited till some other poor sod paid for Fergies conniving

I couldnt agree more!

Moyes got too greedy by Ferguson's offer just because it was Manure. He didnt thought it through before accepting the job!

If he had look into their squad, he would have seen they have way too many holes to fight for trophies. Their defense is beyond old, they have only one great CM (Carrick), not many AM options and RVP isnt the same player as before. Add that the fact they werent predicting to spend in the transfer window and they had the perfect scenario to fail!

Worse, they came out of a winning season and the expectations would surely be high...

Moyes was really stupid to accept the job without calming the fans down. He should have come in his first press conference and clearly state that this would be a transiton period after SAF and that the club, media and supporters would have to be patient...

I couldnt agree more!

Moyes got too greedy by Ferguson's offer just because it was Manure. He didnt thought it through before accepting the job!

If he had look into their squad, he would have seen they have way too many holes to fight for trophies. Their defense is beyond old, they have only one great CM (Carrick), not many AM options and RVP isnt the same player as before. Add that the fact they werent predicting to spend in the transfer window and they had the perfect scenario to fail!

Worse, they came out of a winning season and the expectations would surely be high...

Moyes was really stupid to accept the job without calming the fans down. He should have come in his first press conference and clearly state that this would be a transiton period after SAF and that the club, media and supporters would have to be patient...

Yeah it didnt seem a case of 'ahh he'll be the next Fergie!We'll go far.Not much will change' sorta thing.Now they seem in panic and beginning to accept that far from it.He/they have had moments where they've looked like a pretty good side but seems to be a one off occasion rather then them on a good run.Yeah they gave Fergie time when he started but their fans are right in saying that was a whole different situation..

They kept Rooney which has been their saving grace so far....

I realized that this Bony guys is really good, and I think it all comes to how bad is Chelsea approach on the market. Swansea got him for 10 or 12m last summer. Even for (then) raw players like Lukaku, Chelsea is paying 18m. I mean, Lukaku will be great (or already is), but you just paid 18m for a player that had to spend 3 seasons playing for other clubs until he is considered a finished product.

For me this king of gamble is not worth the price. Lukaku right now is scoring goals and playing great, but he could easily be an average kind of striker too, who knows? When he was signed, the kid was, lets say, far from a good striker.

Chelsea should be investing in players like Suarez or Bony, they were a bargain in terms of instant success, but this is a club that just paid 50m for Torres, so perhaps what Im asking is a little bit too much.