Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Whomever said Chelsea are trying to replace Drogba?

Nobody said drogba was being replaced, similarly to noone from the club saying we were trying to move away from the old school target man style.

No evidence directly from the club that we are looking to replace Drogba, similarly to no direct evidence from the club that we are looking to move away from a target man - just media rumours. Drogba however was so much more than an old school target man, that does him massive injustice.

Drogba in his prime IMO would have worked superbly with some of the attacking talent we've brought and i would expect RDM to want a couple of different plans to shake things up if they aren't working. Llorente is a different striker to Torres and would provide a different option.

That is not a fact at all. That is only a hypothetical situation.

I wasn't saying that Torres scoring a hatful of goals if he was at Napoli was a fact, of course that's hypothetical. I was saying it's a fact that Cavani performs at his best in a counter attacking team, hence the quoted post above.

From twitter? they even don't know how to write correspondaent right...

@dimarziotweet - reporter for Sky Sport in Italy

Rispondo qui per tutti...non ci risulta nulla su @ECavaniOfficial al@chelseafc.

which translates to -

I answer here for everyone ... there is nothing on the @ @ ECavaniOfficial to ChelseaFC.

Don't want him here... Don't ask me why. Would much more prefer Llorente or Berbatov.

Why ? :Goober:

Seriously , he is an amazing footballer , but his mentality is awful , if he comes its only because we can pay him alot of money , it will be the main reason , he is a quality quality striker , the best for us is Falcao , the hitman :cry:

Berbatov is perfect squad player and great striker.

But Berbatov will be joining Drogba before you know it! We already have one striker of age.. now let's bring in a young proven goalscorer ... Ed Cavani.

Look at how we played against Brighton - on the counter-attack. That style of play suits Mata, Oscar and Hazard, and accommodates most of our squad players also. It requires attacking full-backs, which we have in Cole and Azpilicueta. Torres is a second striker, not a central forward, which is the sort of player you need to facilitate in this new style. Cavani is. Plus it means we have a Plan B - Napoli played the long-ball very effectively last season when they were chasing matches.

But Berbatov will be joining Drogba before you know it! We already have one striker of age.. now let's bring in a young proven goalscorer ... Ed Cavani.

Exactly! Look at our strikers age. Torres, Lukaku, Sturridge. We need some experience in team now, when Drogba, Kalou and Bosingwa are gone. We need balance between young flair and old experience.

Meireles + money for Cavani would be a great deal for us. Raul doesn't have a bright future here, his passing is not good enough for double pivot and he is not good enough for CAM position. At 29 years of age he is past the peak of his career and we should seek to get as much as we can for him.

@Alex

good points made. although 4-2-3-1 may be the formation RDM likes most. just like Carlo did i think he will change it during the season and we will go back to playing more 4-3-3. maybe in the future after another summer window he will be ale to get more players in to implement the 4-2-3-1 better, but as things stand 4-3-3 remains the best formation to get the best out of the current squad with the skill sets they have.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You