Edinson Cavani

CFC58

They don't have to be either's back up, we do what we did in 05/06 with Drogba and Crespo, pick the player that's on form.

I don't know... That would be ideal, but that's not usually how it works, though, is it? Even if you have two players who are about as good as one another, usually one of them is preferred to the other. Anyhow, it's almost a certainty that having both Cavani and Torres will be very inefficient in terms of costs.

I know it would be a risky move but IF (and that's a big if) he could prove his fitness i would look at rossi. Having been injured all of last season and with villareal relegated i can't see him commanding a large fee.

He is still young with plenty of time to come back from his injuries, and is a player who was being mooted for a £30m move to barcelona only 12-18 months ago.

We could get him, moses and azpilicueta for less than cavani - then job done and squad complete.

Gussiepi Rossi would be a bargain now that Villarreal got relegated.. would cost 10 million if anything. Sign him, Moses and Azpilicueta, probably cost less than Cavani by himself.

Whelan said he wanted £10m for Moses, Azpi would be 9 at most, and Rossi in the most extreme case would be 15 max

*calculates*

£34m would indeed be less than Cavani's cost.

Whelan said he wanted £10m for Moses, Azpi would be 9 at most, and Rossi in the most extreme case would be 15 max

*calculates*

£34m would indeed be less than Cavani's cost.

Rumors say we are going to pay Wigan 6.5 million upfront with 3 in add ons for Moses. Then 7 million for Azpilicueta and Rossi would probably be within 10-12 since Villarreal went down, don't think he'll want to stay there.

So we'd be paying 25 million max for all 3 ! Would be class business for us, 3 players signed for under 25 million at a top club.

rossi had 2 acl tears in a single year. his career at the very top is over. besides he wont be ready to play for another 3-4 months. and we already have 2 other average strikers in lukaku and sturridge.

Gussiepi Rossi would be a bargain now that Villarreal got relegated.. would cost 10 million if anything. Sign him, Moses and Azpilicueta, probably cost less than Cavani by himself.

Last October he had a surgery to his knee and was out for six months and when he finally resumed training in April he injured the same knee again and is now out till next year so he could be bought in January at the earliest. A player who's missed 16 months of football is a massive gamble and we should stay far away.

Last October he had a surgery to his knee and was out for six months and when he finally resumed training in April he injured the same knee again and is now out till next year so he could be bought in January at the earliest. A player who's missed 16 months of football is a massive gamble and we should stay far away.

It is really a shame with Rossi, I think he could've worked well as an alternative for the RF position. Would've fitted in like a glove.

Torres

Mata - Hazard - Rossi.

Shame!

Didn't that happen to Van Nistelroy? Utd pulled out of the deal and then purchased him the following year!

That was like 10 yrs ago and 10 yrs is forever in medical science!

It's not as big a gamble as you think, especially as he is young and injuries heal quicker. If he was 28+ I would agree...

Sounds perfect IMHO

@The Skipper, We only played the last month of 2005/2006 with 2 forwards, from the West Ham game in April until the end.

Fair enough, but the problem with Drogba and Crespo was that we never really found a solution between them two. Crespo got disillusional with life at the Bridge, the same could happen with Cavani and Torres IMO. There's no need in us splashing the cash on a striker unless Torres is leaving, that's just my opinion though.

Didn't that happen to Van Nistelroy? Utd pulled out of the deal and then purchased him the following year!

It's not as big a gamble as you think, especially as he is young and injuries heal quicker. If he was 28+ I would agree...

Sounds perfect IMHO

knee injuries dont heal quicker. he tore the same acl TWICE. that is a big deal.

Sounds perfect IMHO

van Nistelrooy was out for only half the amount as Rossi so they're not comparable. Many players have come on top in their battles against these horrible knee injuries, especially if suffered at an early age and I'm not saying Rossi is done or anything and maybe he can return to playing football at the very top but at the moment his future is very much unclear and that's a shame. He will stay at Villarreal for at least one more season and if he returns successfully in six months or so and plays the rest of the season in the Spanish Segunda Division without injuries then maybe some club will take gamble with him but definitely not this year. Basically a high risk, high reward type of situation with him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You