Edinson Cavani

CFC58

If we are considering hypothetical situations then what will happen if say suppose we do sign Cavani and he gets injured too!!!

In that case we'd make Luiz's dream come true and play him at CF.

http://m.givemefootball.com/view.aspx?edid=173952&path=/premier-league/chelsea-set-for-talks-with-serie-a-striker

Every report seems to say we are interested and it's just wages that are the stumbling block?

Either way I'm happy to hear us linked with such a player

For any doubters.. this 3 minutes or another season of Torres? :Goober:

Good vid, but i am so glad i am not italian and have to listen to thier commentary team screaming like demented children.... At 2:57, its sounds like someone just violently killed Chewbacca from star wars.

U sure? Personally I don't see why not as lukaku is going on loan and maybe Sturridge is being sold to spurs

Sturridge to Spurs is ridiculous! Cavani would be a great addition and would give us three option upsfront (Torres,Cavani,Sturridge). For the last few years Chelsea haven't gone into a season without at least 3 strikers. I have a good feeling we will sing a striker but Cavani would be amazing.

Torres or Sturridge plus money, yes; not Meireles. We can't replace a midfielder with a striker, we're already so lightweight in centre midfield. We have 3 proven centre midfielders, one of whom loses the ball habitually (Ramires) when played there; one who is 35 and one who many of our fans still believe is the weakest link in the squad.

We need Meireles, he's by far our best 4th choice midfielder. If we let go of him we need to replace him as soon as possible with an experienced centre midfielder, Romeu, Essien, et al won't cut it for the upcoming season. We cannot make the same mistake Carlo made and replace our experienced backups with youth, that just won't work unless our youth are world beaters, which they're not by any stretch of the imagination.

I would be happy to do a money plus Raul deal... Lampard the weak link in the squad.... :lol2: ... I know you said many fans and not you specifically but that whole theory is just incredible (and he is 34)... I think he is 4th choice for a position where there is only one spot which is why he would go for definate.... I.E:

AT CAM:

Hazard, mata oscar lampard ramires all ahead of him... Thats 5...

IN THE DOUBLE PIVOT:

Mikel, Romeu, Essien, Ramires, Lampard are also ahead of him imo... For me i haven't been a huge fan of this transfer but if its 25 mil plus raul for cavani then i can definately get behind it.

I don't know how loyal he feels to Napoli or how much he likes the club, Solonapoli could clarify that. But I wouldn't want to stay in a place where my home has been robbed and my family don't feel safe. Add to that more money, higher chance of winning trophies and CL football, and I would bite the hands off any bigger club's offer/request a transfer.

Of course if he actually loves the club, then he's probably just being a prick trying to get himself a more lucrative deal.

Have you been to Naples? That part of the coast is like a slice of heaven.... be a tough place to leave.

Is playing Sturridge out wide really that bad, though? He did score 11 from there. If that's a sacrifice we have to make to bring in one of the premier strikers in world football then so be it.

I doubt Sturridge would be played out wide if cavani comes... I think Sturridge would sit on the bench for 50 games this season if he comes... And he would be unlikely to come on as a striker as Torres would be ahead of him in the sub list, so would be limited to coming on as a sub as a winger imo.

Semi-off topic, Lukaku off to WBA. Must be a CF coming, dunno who though.

Hopefully very soon and not on deadline day. Get a deal done between now and our opener.

What a crazy summer transfer period!

Yeah if Lukaka is off I'd imagine we have something lined up.... Doubt it's Cavani though, more likely Moses.

Oh and please, please, please take Merieles, what's a pile of used pants that guy has been since signing for us. If they guy was playing one touch against a wall on his own he would still manage to give the ball away. PANTS!!

It's up to Torres now, this is too much of a gamble to just let him be our main forward it really is. At first i thought well give it a go, but no!. I can't see our team making an instanct impact in the Premier League, and with that cabbage upfront he will not help the team!. Honestly i would rather have another team playing striker like Drogba was. We wont be able to replace Drogba, but they're are different type of strikers who are team players, rather than there first instinct in scoring most of the time, i would rather it be come back and work with the team, something like Cavani would do.

Its all bullshit. I bet you all he doesn't come. I'm absolutely certain of it. It wasn't that long ago he said he was considering signing a new and improved deal in Naples. Just can't see Napoli wanting to sell.

He appearently has a clause in his contract, 35 million, Napoli will have to sell, but will Edinson leave?.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You