Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I hope this is true

Chelsea have told Napoli to forget about getting the £53.5million release clause for Edinson Cavani, as they will go no higher than £40million.

http://www.givemesport.com/355098-chelsea-wont-go-above-40m-for-edinson-cavani

idk how reliable this site is tho, but original is from twitter...

I know this is fake, but it is the answer I would aspect from our club!

Chelsea must not bow down to Napoli's demands...

While I sympathize with the idea of avoiding these huge signings, if the market values Falcao at 60m, Cavani must be worth at the least the same. The market is inflated by the new rich clubs, so the purchasing power of Chelsea has to be lower when considering the context. The problem is that we don't have many players that can be sold or traded; and we don't wan't to sell the ones who are wanted.

At this level it is difficult to sign players who would be ready to join the starting XI and provide an edge, such as Cavani. Instead, we could either go for a bet, a younger player, or perhaps an established player who's been under a bad spell. However, to get the absolutely top that means splashing the cash as it should be.

While I sympathize with the idea of avoiding these huge signings, if the market values Falcao at 60m, Cavani must be worth at the least the same. The market is inflated by the new rich clubs, so the purchasing power of Chelsea has to be lower when considering the context. The problem is that we don't have many players that can be sold or traded; and we don't wan't to sell the ones who are wanted.

At this level it is difficult to sign players who would be ready to join the starting XI and provide an edge, such as Cavani. Instead, we could either go for a bet, a younger player, or perhaps an established player who's been under a bad spell. However, to get the absolutely top that means splashing the cash as it should be.

The Market clearly does not value Cavani at 60 mill. That is simply his buyout clause, usually inserted to prevent player poaching and safeguarding from losing your players on the cheap.

The market values him differently.

The Market clearly does not value Cavani at 60 mill. That is simply his buyout clause, usually inserted to prevent player poaching and safeguarding from losing your players on the cheap.

The market values him differently.

Isn't 60m about what Monaco payed for Falcao?

Isn't 60m about what Monaco payed for Falcao?

Not sure, but they have to pay heavily inflated transfer fees and salaries to even get players....

They pretty much paid that sum to get a star name in so they can attract more players towards their project.

We bought shaun wright phillips for 25 mill in 2004 or so and in todays value that must be like 30-35 mill. That wasnt his market value but the value we were willing to pay in order to get another player for our project.

Cavani is certainly worth alot, but 60 million is simply not good business.

Not sure, but they have to pay heavily inflated transfer fees and salaries to even get players....

They pretty much paid that sum to get a star name in so they can attract more players towards their project.

We bought shaun wright phillips for 25 mill in 2004 or so and in todays value that must be like 30-35 mill. That wasnt his market value but the value we were willing to pay in order to get another player for our project.

Cavani is certainly worth alot, but 60 million is simply not good business.

that's exactly my point... if Monaco, or another new rich, ends up splashing cash for players, that inflates the market. The reasons of why Monaco has to pay more is not that important because the effect on the market will be the same.

What we *think * the value ought to be is irrelevant. What is important is what clubs are willing to pay. So, by the end of the transfer window we will know for sure the market's valuation of Cavani.

Not "worth it"?

In my honest opinion no football player is worth the salary they are getting, the numbers are absurd. But that is the way it is. And in that sense, Cavani is definatley worth £50m.

If we want to pay that kind of money is another discussion. Just because we/some people here are unwilling to pay that (as if they run the economics of the club) that doesnt mean the player is worth less.

Cavani is immense and easily my favourite striker for all his skill, technique and style attributes but this saga has exceeded past the ridiculous. Money shouldn't be an issue to any Chelsea fan and since when did everyone turn into cautious money caring moaners anyways. If Roman wants to spend money then what the fuck does it matter to you? Nobody ever had a problem with it before and don't even start to mention that Torres shyte because he was fucked before we brought him and that was obvious. Cavani is far from fuckdd and worth every penny the current transfer market values him at. That all being said this has become boring oh so quickly. I blame twitter for most of it and the gullable imbociles who hang off every tweet that mentiones Cavani and Chelsea in the same sentance.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarContenidos&idioma=in&co=2282

Rafa benitez quote

So the price is 70 milllions

Dont worry for our future ADL knows how to make his business

There is nothing about 70m in this link.

The price will not be' determined by Chelsea because is already determined, 70M, 90% for Napoli is 63M

I know that we will always get 90% of the price , but if you think you make the price even if we don't want to sell and don't need money I can retrace why Your economic too is going so bad even without 20 years of Berlusconi

As if Chelsea would pay a penny to Palermo and that other club. Whatever the price will be, and be sure it will be neither 63m nor 70m.

That's classic. An Italian joking about German economy. Maybe we had no Berlusconi (whose reign was your very own fault btw), half our country was a communist pseudo-economy, which had to be adapted in these years but we still remained Europe's economic powerhouse.

If england is so rich why you need dirty petrol rubles to buy from the poor italy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No idea how you could overlook the big German flag left to my username and no idea what club ownership has to do with a country's economy. Even in the richest countries there are poor clubs and clubs owned by foreigners. Dude, you make no sense whatsoever.

Not "worth it"?

In my honest opinion no football player is worth the salary they are getting, the numbers are absurd. But that is the way it is. And in that sense, Cavani is definatley worth £50m.

If we want to pay that kind of money is another discussion. Just because we/some people here are unwilling to pay that (as if they run the economics of the club) that doesnt mean the player is worth less.

these players help raise billions of dollars for their clubs, would you rather the club executives pocket most of the money? or do you want something similar to the NCAA?

This is the type of deal we should shy away from. We should buy players that have a chance of exceeding the value of their transfer fee. Cavani has little or no chance of doing this. He's a fantastic player, but he's quite overpriced. I'd rather get a striker that significantly improves our first 11 and is better value for money.

I never concern myself with how much we pay for transfers as there are people at the club to worry about that but id draw the line under this one now. Entirely up to Napoli how much they want for Cavani but if they re not gonna negotiate at all then move on

I agree even though I really want Cavani :/

Lewandowski would be the best deal for the club and we would be able to sell him again in 3-4 years for the same price or even more.

Bayern is just an annoying obstacle

Maybe we can get him with a salary he just can't resist (obviously has to be way higher than what Bayern offers).

I do not believe Roman does not have 63m or is not willing to pay, but I believe the whole deal has a lot to do with FFP.

As mentioned above Lewandowski is much better option, strong prolific striker, him & Lukaku could set the PL on fire. :dance:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You