Edinson Cavani

CFC58

To me there's nothing to the rumour of Man City wanting Cavani. He does not fit in their system at all and every system Manuel has implemented at his clubs have involved a poacher or 2. Never a work-horse of a striker or a proper target man. Aguero is born for the style Manuel likes to play. Cavani is a player completely opposite to the system he tries to play and what City have been playing in the past.

I understand they have loads of money but they're not going to go spend £30m or whatever on a 28 year old midfielder, overpay for Jesus Navas, give Aguero a pay-rise (I believe) then go splash £50m+ on Cavani when they've still got Tevez, Dzeko etc. on their books.

Logic people. :cry: Logic doesn't go completely out the window with City.

On top of that, why would Cavani want to go to a club where there's already Aguero who'd be playing ahead of him? Unless of course they implement a 4-4-2 sort of system which'd make 0 sense with Silva in the team.

Would you rather play with Silva and half the time injured and rapidly ageing Navas behind/beside you as you're 2nd choice behind Aguero (or possibly competing for the #1 spot of course) with Nasri being an option in the smaller games (all this while being coached by Pellegrini whose trophy cabinet is not too different to Arsenal's in the last 8 years) at Manchester's second biggest club;

Or -

Would you rather have Mata and Hazard supporting you with Oscar playing behind you at times (a player so close to Hamsik in many ways), be the #1 striker and be coached by Mourinho (who he's admitted to wanting to work with) while playing at London's biggest and best club who've won two back to back European titles in the last 2 seasons?

Wow tough choice :clown:

Would you rather play with Silva and half the time injured and rapidly ageing Navas behind/beside you as you're 2nd choice behind Aguero (or possibly competing for the #1 spot of course) with Nasri being an option in the smaller games (all this while being coached by Pellegrini whose trophy cabinet is not too different to Arsenal's in the last 8 years) at Manchester's second biggest club;

Or -

Would you rather have Mata and Hazard supporting you with Oscar playing behind you at times (a player so close to Hamsik in many ways), be the #1 striker and be coached by Mourinho (who he's admitted to wanting to work with) while playing at London's biggest and best club who've won two back to back European titles in the last 2 seasons?

Wow tough choice :clown:

A tough choice you say? Silva and Robinho both turned us down to move to City in recent times. It is a tough choice. We had a better squad on paper than City in both years when Silva and Robinho turned us down to go to City so yeah, it doesn't matter who you have.

A tough choice you say? Silva and Robinho both turned us down to move to City in recent times. It is a tough choice. We had a better squad on paper than City in both years when Silva and Robinho turned us down to go to City so yeah, it doesn't matter who you have.

They went because City were building an interesting project. So far the project has failed. They should have won far more domestic trophies and continue to collapse in Europe.

Now they're trying a brand new project with nothing to suggest it'll succeed, whereas our new project is in full flow and only getting better with the acquisition of arguably the world's greatest manager.

They went because City were building an interesting project. So far the project has failed. They should have won far more domestic trophies and continue to collapse in Europe.

Now they're trying a brand new project with nothing to suggest it'll succeed, whereas our new project is in full flow and only getting better with the acquisition of arguably the world's greatest manager.

What? Nothing to show for it? So 3 trophies under Mancini and gradual improvement on league positions is nothing to show for the investment? He was the only manager who was giving time to build a team there. They aren't trying a new project, its the same, they are just trying to do more stuff like blood more youth players through and instill a philosophy through out their whole club like at Barca/Ajax. Europe was their short coming but still you can't exactly say that when we got dumped out of the competition last year after winning it. If anything we were just as bad as them in Europe this year, if not worse.

Our project as such is really only just started, its a year into development. City are better than us right now, as proven in more or less every game we played against them this year except one.

Torres isn't even worth close to 50 mil. Lukaku is worth more. So i don't get what you are arguing there.

So would i. I would love FT to go the other way and start afresh but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. Yes cavani will be getting high wages. But so would any player we brought in. Bringing in Cavani would be different from bringing anyone else in. The wage bill is still going to go up. If we don't get rid of torres, are we not gonna buy anyone? If Cavani comes it gives Torres the clear option. Sit on the bench and earn your money, or take a cut and go play elsewhere.

I didn't necessarily mean Torres moving to Napoli as part of the deal mate (although that would certainly be preferable), I simply meant if Cavani is coming we should be looking to offload Torres to someone.

Do people think its a given Cavani would choose us over ManCity? :lol2:

I agree we have more pros than cons, but I can see Edinson going to Manchester if they offer more money or even if they persuade him their project is big enough!

People think top players care about pointless stuff we (fans) do...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You