Edinson Cavani

CFC58

People think top players care about pointless stuff we (fans) do...

If the things are 'pointless' why do we care about them? The fact that we care makes it pretty much the opposite of pointless.

Why only 'top players'? What makes a top player? Why are you suggesting just top players wouldn't care about these things?

Do Cavani and Messi magically not care about the same things as us because they have 'top' status, whereas players who aren't top players yet like Lukaku or Charlie Adam (who'll never be a top player) do care?

Lampard is, always has been and probably always will be a 'top player'. But I guess since he's a top player he doesn't care about the things us fans do such as support, loyalty, playing under an incredible manager and being at a club competitive on all levels. :lol2:

Cavani would only destroy the career of Lukaku at Chelsea.He won´t win a fight against Cavani,because Cavani has much more experience on his side. I think that Lukaku will leave us after 2 years or so,because he has no reason to be here .The club does not trust him,even after his successful loan spell at WBA and I don´t think that a player like Lukaku would sit on the bench.Sad

If we care about Lukakus future so much the best option should be Ibra. He only has a few years left at top level and in order to get the best out of him through out the whole season you have to give him rest, which would give Lukaku much play time.

I don't care if Lukaku doesn't want Cavani here or not or whether it limits his chances or not. You don't play a striker because he was in a Youtube video visiting Stamford Bridge. You play the better player in a particular position.

It's not like he came through our youth system or anything. There's plenty of Chelsea-supporting players out there even arguably more talented than Lukaku. Dzagoev for example. But we shouldn't buy him then bench Mata for him because he supports us.

I want to win trophies. In my mind, there's more chance of winning these trophies with Cavani leading our line than there is with Lukaku currently.

He only turned 20 a month ago anyway. It's not like we're trying to sign Cavani while Lukaku is in the peak of his career.

Drogba has fought off the likes of Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres, Anelka; every single striker at this club while he was present. If Lukaku is the 'next Drogba' as so many claim why can't he do the same?

Mourinho is a fair guy. The better player or whoever impresses most in training will play. So it's up to the players to show their worth.

If Cavani has a bad spell Lukaku will be put into the team as he's the other option. It's then up to him to stay there. Cavani won't just magically be slotted back in after a dry spell because he's Cavani. Mourinho has never worked like that. You earn your spot in a Mourinho team regardless of your transfer fee. Just ask Kaka, Pepe, Coentrao, Modric.

Cavani would only destroy the career of Lukaku at Chelsea.He won´t win a fight against Cavani,because Cavani has much more experience on his side. I think that Lukaku will leave us after 2 years or so,because he has no reason to be here .The club does not trust him,even after his successful loan spell at WBA and I don´t think that a player like Lukaku would sit on the bench.Sad

calm down! Cavani wont play every minute of every game! Lukaku will be 2nd choice next season and will get plenty of minutes to play, certainly a lot lot more than his first spell at the club. Lukaku isnt stupid he knows he isnt ready to be our 1st choice yet but he knows that if he continues his progression that he will get a heck of a lot of minutes under Mourinho.

If it was me....I would rather play for Mourinho and live in London.

Money talks though

U already did been a Chelsea fan and playing with talkchelsea

Sent from my iPhone using Genjutsu

57m is a huge sum. Just last season we made a little profit. We are going to spend more money on other players. I love Cavani and will be the happiest person if he ends of at CFC than City. But We have to work hell lot to cover the hole we are making this season.

and that's considering this is a transition season. The team might be ready and win important competitions, or maybe it'll just take the whole season to finally find chemistry and start living up its potential.

I don't want to have too many expectations about it. Especially if the team changes too much

Why are we hearing how Cavani will destroy Lukaku bla bla bla.

Every time we are linked with a top player, this mentality of it will ruin so and so's development comes up, i remember in 2010 people didn't want Luiz and Neymar because it would reduce the gametime of Bruma and Kakuta, some i believe didn't want Oscar in because it would reduce Marin's game-time (turns out he did that for himself, in one way or another).

If Cavani comes in, will he be playing every single minute of every single game? no, especially not under Jose, you saw in the back to back winning title season's how he rotates his forwards so both got fair playing time, he will do the same with these two.

If Cavani comes in, will he be playing every single minute of every single game? no, especially not under Jose, you saw in the back to back winning title season's how he rotates his forwards so both got fair playing time, he will do the same with these two.

Even at Madrid, he did the same with Benz and Higuain.

If the things are 'pointless' why do we care about them? The fact that we care makes it pretty much the opposite of pointless.

Why only 'top players'? What makes a top player? Why are you suggesting just top players wouldn't care about these things?

Do Cavani and Messi magically not care about the same things as us because they have 'top' status, whereas players who aren't top players yet like Lukaku or Charlie Adam (who'll never be a top player) do care?

Lampard is, always has been and probably always will be a 'top player'. But I guess since he's a top player he doesn't care about the things us fans do such as support, loyalty, playing under an incredible manager and being at a club competitive on all levels. :lol2:

Each time you quote me I lol at your arguments! :lol:

1. We are fans, we care about stupid and pointless aspects of the game a top player doesnt worry about when deciding each team to join. Cavani doesnt care if Chelsea is this or City is that. He (and many others) only care about how much money he will make and if he will be fighting for trophies!

2. The fact one cares about something, it doesnt make it not pointless. Just because someone likes ants, it doesnt make them important for someone else!

3. Top players are different than others, they sit in a position where they can choose where they want to play. Charlie Adam cant stop at home and question himself if he wants to play for Chelsea or City. While top players, because they are very good footballers, can. That is why what I am saying only fits to top players, because they are the only ones with that kind of freedom!

4. Lampard, when he first came, he didnt care about that stuff and it was not what made him join Chelsea. It was money and the possibility of trophies (which is what all players search for). After that, when he became a FAN, Frankie started to pay attention to the little details that makes Chelsea, Chelsea!

5. Lampard, Messi, Gerrard, etc, care about what fans care because they are fans themselves, even though they are top players!! However, a typical player like CR7 or Aguero will only look at individual benefits (which they are totally allowed to).

Those points are not so hard to understand, it doesnt require much brain activity to do so! ;)

EDIT: So there is no pointing in doing stupid predictions on why Cavani would choose team A over team B because there are only two reasons that will influence him, money and trophies!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You