Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I personally was against the signings of Sheva and Torres but with this guy I couldn't care less about the monsterous fee. He's perfect for us and there's no doubt in my mind that he would succeed. It's not just his ability but also his confidence and mental strength which makes him such a great player. He has that same kind of aura Drogba has, a great belief in his own ability. I'd sign him within a heartbeat so a club like Real won't beat us to it.

Add Cavani, Schurrle and my fantasy buy Gundogan (add the return of De Bruyne to that) to the team and we'll win the league.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8763050/Napoli-tried-to-sign-Roma-duo-Erik-Lamela-and-Marquinhos-says-president

"Instead, they offered me the services of Pablo Daniel Osvaldo at all costs, but seeing as we have Edinson Cavani right now, we don't need him.

We can not be that close he said this today...

I really hold my reservations about this and I really hope he does prove me wrong by adapting quickly to the Premier League and scoring as we've heard he can. £50millon makes me so skeptical about this transfer and I think it's a step in the wrong direction. I hope I'm wrong.

Why?

As much as we want to start afresh. There is no reason why they couldn't both be here.

It is my same argument for not keeping Terry. His wages are amongst the very highest within our squad and this should indicate that he is one of, if not our best player, yet wouldn't be considered first choice.

It's not just UEFA's FFP or the new Premier League financial rules regarding wage increases, but it sends the wrong message to other members of our squad on a fraction of Torres' wages who are first choice starters and important contributors to our success.

I would much rather Cavani, Ba and Lukaku as our striking options.

Getting involved goes against my better judgment, but...Mediaset story not right. Chelsea+Napoli haven't agreed a fee for Cavani.

Interest is very real, though, and that's not to say they won't agree a deal. Jovetic so likely that Fiorentina have a replacement lined up.

Two strikers worth 100 mill....

Torres isn't even worth close to 50 mil. Lukaku is worth more. So i don't get what you are arguing there.

It is my same argument for not keeping Terry. His wages are amongst the very highest within our squad and this should indicate that he is one of, if not our best player, yet wouldn't be considered first choice.

It's not just UEFA's FFP or the new Premier League financial rules regarding wage increases, but it sends the wrong message to other members of our squad on a fraction of Torres' wages who are first choice starters and important contributors to our success.

I would much rather Cavani, Ba and Lukaku as our striking options.

So would i. I would love FT to go the other way and start afresh but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. Yes cavani will be getting high wages. But so would any player we brought in. Bringing in Cavani would be different from bringing anyone else in. The wage bill is still going to go up. If we don't get rid of torres, are we not gonna buy anyone? If Cavani comes it gives Torres the clear option. Sit on the bench and earn your money, or take a cut and go play elsewhere.

Getting involved goes against my better judgment, but...Mediaset story not right. Chelsea+Napoli haven't agreed a fee for Cavani.
Interest is very real, though, and that's not to say they won't agree a deal. Jovetic so likely that Fiorentina have a replacement lined up.

Who dafuq is this guy?! Tancredi is more reliable than him. Chris Cohen too.

Kids! I know what I'm saying. I was right all along!

He hasn't signed yet. So you are free to go crazy about how you were right, if it becomes official, because most people would be too happy to care. Until then. No reason for the "told you so" routine.

And i thought it was July 16th?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You