Edinson Cavani

CFC58

J. Alberti, the Italian agent claims Cavani has signed a pre-agreement with Chelsea and will sign after Confederations Cup [Tutto Napoli]

It's happening guys! I can feel it. So much momentum going for this deal. They might as well hand us the Premier League trophy already. Only a formaility now ;)

Dont understand the excitement. Usually when someone puts up a dubious source, especially when it eminates from twitter its roundly critiqued and noses are turned up. This is exactly that. Theres no decent media outlet reporting this

yeah. mostly people WANT this to go through

Not sure whether it's likely to happen

Well, it seems likely now.

He's going to be very useful. I'm going to be confident and use simple future instead of conditional.

We need the guy. I came to terms with spending the outrageous amount of money in only one player.

I still hope we will sign a new back and a DM

I don't understand how people could not believe at least some of this.

Napoli's bloody president has already confirmed we're in talks. What more is needed? Is it not true unless reported on Sky Sports?

He also confirmed Manchester City are interested & they've supposedly already made an offer.

Our odds have been slashed so much, there ahs to be sth in it. Sometimes, these fantasy transfers become reality, esp here at Chelsea. It was the same Hazard, Everyone and his dog had been in for him, we were only one of many clubs courting, then suddenly the odds got slashed, cos our board just as the fans knew he was the player we needes most and they did everything that was necessary. This is not a Roman signing, where we put tons of money on the wrong player, only because Big daddy likes him, it is a football signing. Often the fans simply know best.

Torres isn't even worth close to 50 mil. Lukaku is worth more. So i don't get what you are arguing there.

So would i. I would love FT to go the other way and start afresh but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. Yes cavani will be getting high wages. But so would any player we brought in. Bringing in Cavani would be different from bringing anyone else in. The wage bill is still going to go up. If we don't get rid of torres, are we not gonna buy anyone? If Cavani comes it gives Torres the clear option. Sit on the bench and earn your money, or take a cut and go play elsewhere.

What I'm arguing, is that it's a joke having two strikers that cost 50 mill each.

We just never learn that when we spend hard cash on strikers they flop?

These players cannot take the pressure of the hefty price tag.

40 days to the next match - a friendly nonetheless - now CC getting in the middle of the transfer window probably delaying to many deals.

I'm so done with international football. I'm here for clubs, not national team.

Still looking forward to see what Mourinho has to say Monday

Hopefully he'll hint a few things

57m is a huge sum. Just last season we made a little profit. We are going to spend more money on other players. I love Cavani and will be the happiest person if he ends of at CFC than City. But We have to work hell lot to cover the hole we are making this season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You