Luka Modric

DavidEU

Do we really need him?????

Very bad question!

But hey, even Ivan knows how much we need a player like him in our squad......

I was thinking more of finding a cheaper option instead of making another game of goose chase for the rest of the window (which i know whasn't opened yet). So far we have been very 'mature' with our signings, and our transfer dealings, hopefully that is due to some influence from Mr Saive Robbie. I wish for more brilliant signings like Marin and Kevin who are cheap options but with bundles of talent. We got Romeu cheap, who is still a raw talent waiting to be nurtured, but just one example of a player with heaps of talent we could develop into first team starter.

Modric will go to chelsea if abramovich gets his wallet out.

Modric to madrid rumours have been media inspired, and even more so from modric him self, as several friends of his have stated something about la liga or something.

Real Madrid have showed no interest yet, when we get someone it will be a sure swoop deal, as with callejon and sahin, and varane. No controversy.

Just putting it out there...roman likes to spend money. So all that stuff about 'it's not football manager' is stupid. If the club are comfortable with spending that much then go for it as they know best. As a fan, I care about how Chelsea can move to the next level and that's what modric will help us do

This summer was always gonna end up being a big spending one due to the fact we let too much deadwood stay and didnt rebuild correctly. So yes to modric from me

You would rather them 4? Pity you'll get none of them as "Sahin is the future" and he will play instead. Oh wait....

Lets talk about modric now please, your statements are uneducated and thus invalid so don't expect me to ever take you seriously other than for entertainment.

Or until i find you worthy.

MODRIC PLEASE.

You think handing in a piece of paper would have changed that cunt Levy's mind? I think not. This is no fault of Luka's.

Actually handing that piece shows that he has principles first. Second, he never handed in a transfer request, that was a rumour, believe me. Third, if I am not mistaken , by law if the transfer request is rejected, you have the power to take things to court for not being able to have any rights on your own future as a player. It is half Levy, half Luka's fault. Luka should have handed in the request, first. Second, ffs, how the hell can you be unhappy and then next week play your heart out for the team that won't let you leave and fulfill your goals, objectives, w/e. That shows that he actually just wanted to play Champions League and probably had an agreement with Harry for this season to have the CL they want. Doubt it;s exactly that, but something like this is quite possible. I don't see why people are so stubborn for Modric though. Why do we need him? We are not creative with having Lamps, Mikel, Hazard and Mata? We don't even see them play. I would actually prefer us getting Hulk, because he can fill 2 spots, but that's another story. Besides, Luka is an unique player, but I don't see us throwing money, over positions we are stuffed with.

LOVE!! Maybe it's because it's the off-season or because of the general youth of most of the posters, but the amounts being theoretically spent on this board are absolutely insane.

When you have someone declaring that we should offer £60 million or Modric you just know its time to say something.

For me they seem to forget that we are talking about people. Everytime we bid for a player it has a direct impact on our existing squads morale. What do you think Josh, Romelu and Lamps are thinking?

Sign up Hulk (if reasonable) and a young RB and I honestly don't see us needing to splash the cash for years. Assembled a very capable bunch of youngsters now, looking great for the future.

Yes we do like it or not. Our most creative central holding midfielder is Romeu, a Barca B player

Describing a 19 year old as Barca B is harsh, he moved not because of a lack of ability but because of a realization that his playing time was going to be limited given he is competing with arguable the best midfield of all time.

About time we showed some faith in our youth, got an awful lot of talent which could go to waste if we splash another £40 million on a player.

Describing a 19 year old as Barca B is harsh, he moved not because of a lack of ability but because of a realization that his playing time was going to be limited given he is competing with arguable the best midfield of all time.

About time we showed some faith in our youth, got an awful lot of talent which could go to waste if we splash another £40 million on a player.

I am stating that our most creative player in that area is 19 and a barca B team player, hardly harsh on him considering our team lacks creativity in that area.

You do realise they bought the two most expensive football players of all time, in Kaka and Ronaldo, right? Using Madrid as an example is not going to help your cause.

I'm not using Real Madrid as an ideal situation. Real Madrid along with Barcelona, Chelsea,City, and to some extent Liverpool are the cause of this problem. I was just pointing out how even teams that spend enormously rarely spend like you people seem to want Chelsea to spend this summer. Eden Hazard is one of the most expensive transfers in history and people are acting as if Chelsea haven't done anything yet. We've already spent more this transfer period than all but 4 teams in the Premier League spent in all of 2011-2012. You don't have to buy the biggest name at every position to compete and long-term this strategy is disastrous and it creates a never-ending cycle of overspending. The inability to put a proper plan in place, the inability to find or even look for any value in the transfer market is why Chelsea have spent over a billion Euros and still have major holes in the team. I'm just so sick of the "hey, he looks good, let's go spend 25M pounds on him" stuff that dominates here. There's no feeling for football as a game, for footballers as people, for building a sustainable system, for looking for value, it's just a bunch of people treating Chelsea like a videogame for building their dream team.

I'm not using Real Madrid as an ideal situation. Real Madrid along with Barcelona, Chelsea,City, and to some extent Liverpool are the cause of this problem. I was just pointing out how even teams that spend enormously rarely spend like you people seem to want Chelsea to spend this summer. Eden Hazard is one of the most expensive transfers in history and people are acting as if Chelsea haven't done anything yet. We've already spent more this transfer period than all but 4 teams in the Premier League spent in all of 2011-2012. You don't have to buy the biggest name at every position to compete and long-term this strategy is disastrous and it creates a never-ending cycle of overspending. The inability to put a proper plan in place, the inability to find or even look for any value in the transfer market is why Chelsea have spent over a billion Euros and still have major holes in the team. I'm just so sick of the "hey, he looks good, let's go spend 25M pounds on him" stuff that dominates here. There's no feeling for football as a game, for footballers as people, for building a sustainable system, for looking for value, it's just a bunch of people treating Chelsea like a videogame for building their dream team.

Well we have no control over the youth system or implementing youth into the first team. We don't control the scouting networks nor how much we pay for players. It is only human nature to want the best and be greedy. The thing is, if we are spending big, how is it like a videogame? It is happening in real life thus it becomes our reality. Buying Hulk and Cabaye etc is hardly a dream team is it? It's just the players needed to strengthen our team to make it one of the best in Europe. Buying Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Neymar etc is building a dream team

I don't see a reason to buy him. We have De Bruyne, Mata, Hazard, Mikel, Lampard and Ramires. They are all just fine. Modric is good player, but very expensive. He didn't came last summer, and from that time we buy Mata, Hazard and De Bruyne.

There is always McEachran and Lucas Piazon :)

I think we NEED modric or a player like modric.McEachran, De bruyne, Lucas Piazon still need atleast another 2-3 years to develop and lampard is 34 and needs to be used sparingly.

I think we NEED modric or a player like modric.McEachran, De bruyne, Lucas Piazon still need atleast another 2-3 years to develop and lampard is 34 and needs to be used sparingly.

De Bruyne is able to play, and I think that Josh can play too !

Willshere in Arsenal could in Josh's ages, why Josh can't ?

I'm saying again - we don't need Modric so much. My advice - don't buy him.

Sparingly? Lampard played 49 matches last season and was one of our better players and we suddenly have to cut his playing time in half simply because he's 34? Scholes was playing 33-38 games a season in his last 4 years before retiring (and coming back).Giggs has averaged almost 39 games a season in the last 5 seasons and he's 5 years older than Lampard. The idea that we have to bench a good player simply because of his age, is ridiculous. It's probably best that he doesn't play 49 games again, but he could easily play 40 and still be very effective. Lampard is probably the greatest player in Chelsea history and is still a very good player and this board is filled with people who want to see him gone.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You