Luka Modric

DavidEU

Oh so what you're telling me is that if we buy a RW, CM and a RB who help us win the league you will continue to say we shouldn't have bought them...........?

I'll support Chelsea no matter what, but that kind of spending is disastrous for football. Not just because it makes competition impossible for any team not owned by a billionaire, and it raises transfer costs and wages to ridiculous rates, but because it takes away pride and joy from winning. If we went out and bought Hulk and a CM like Moutinho, our starting XI would cost something like 230+M. So, we beat Arsenal and Spurs? Well, if we spend quadruple what they spend, of course we are going to beat them. It's like challenging someone to a car race and buying a sportscar when they have a 1998 Toyota. It's not a triumph of effort or tactics, it's a triumph of spending much more money.Some teams are always going to spend more than others and that's fine, that's actually good for football, but it has to be within a level that a number of teams can compete and where no team is spending 20 times what other clubs are spending. Two seasons ago, Real Madrid rejuvenated their club by buying Khediera, Ozil, Carvalho, Di Maria, and Canalas. They sold van der Vart. Total expenditure? Just over 50M pounds. You're talking about a 100M summer transfer period for Chelsea and over 270M spent in just over 2 years. That's just insane. I want Chelsea to win but I want us to win in a competitive league.

I'll ignore you're imature posts from now on. Please be less deluded and more informed in the future.

I'll ignore you're imature posts from now on. Please be less deluded and more informed in the future.

Deal with it buddy lol. ahaha :clown: Cheers :blue scalf:

He is not a troll. He is generally right, like I tend to be, and then people like you call me Barcelona fans! :lol:

I like people who have different opinion!

You can go to all of my posts and if you look at them from an educated perspective, then i have never said anything "wrong", its the fickle who react badly :)

and for your info, i like you as a poster too justin B)

Anyways, the only concern with Modric is the defensive duties that the Double Pivot role requires. He isn't the best defensively. He can defend but he needs to be up to it as leaving just Mikel alone shielding the back 4 can be suicide. I'm starting to like the idea of Moutinho more and more. Cheaper (not by much I know), younger, arguably about the same quality and gives us better defensive capabilities than Modric. Moutinho is better suited for the double pivot whereas Modric is more of a 4-3-3 man.

Ramires? Lol with the money that i assume that chelsea have at their disposal, having modric in the midfield would be only a plus. Ramires can go fudge him self for a whole evening if compared to modric.

WHAT THE FUCK. RAMIRES = GODLY.

I'll support Chelsea no matter what, but that kind of spending is disastrous for football. Not just because it makes competition impossible for any team not owned by a billionaire, and it raises transfer costs and wages to ridiculous rates, but because it takes away pride and joy from winning. If we went out and bought Hulk and a CM like Moutinho, our starting XI would cost something like 230+M. So, we beat Arsenal and Spurs? Well, if we spend quadruple what they spend, of course we are going to beat them. It's like challenging someone to a car race and buying a sportscar when they have a 1998 Toyota. It's not a triumph of effort or tactics, it's a triumph of spending much more money.Some teams are always going to spend more than others and that's fine, that's actually good for football, but it has to be within a level that a number of teams can compete and where no team is spending 20 times what other clubs are spending. Two seasons ago, Real Madrid rejuvenated their club by buying Khediera, Ozil, Carvalho, Di Maria, and Canalas. They sold van der Vart. Total expenditure? Just over 50M pounds. You're talking about a 100M summer transfer period for Chelsea and over 270M spent in just over 2 years. That's just insane. I want Chelsea to win but I want us to win in a competitive league.

Funny you didn't mention any of Real Madrid big spending.

You do realise they bought the two most expensive football players of all time, in Kaka and Ronaldo, right? Using Madrid as an example is not going to help your cause.

Anyways, the only concern with Modric is the defensive duties that the Double Pivot role requires. He isn't the best defensively. He can defend but he needs to be up to it as leaving just Mikel alone shielding the back 4 can be suicide. I'm starting to like the idea of Moutinho more and more. Cheaper (not by much I know), younger, arguably about the same quality and gives us better defensive capabilities than Modric. Moutinho is better suited for the double pivot whereas Modric is more of a 4-3-3 man.

I thought the whole reason for a double pivot is for one to do all the defensive duty like Mikel, and the other to do some light defensive duty but main priority to start plays from defense to attack?

So I really don't see no problem. Modric will only be taking Lampard place.

We can never get another Lampard that will do 20 plus goals.

In fact that Lampard today is shit in his old role, and therefore had to revert to a deep lying play maker role to help extend his game.

So at 34, and having RDM who favors a double pivot role, it makes sense to get Modric in.

But we first would need to sell Meireles, because Meireles is our squad player that takes over Lampard.

With Meireles gone and Modric in, Modric will be the main man, and Lampard will take the Meireles role.

Seems kinda cold, but that is what AVB wanted.

But rush it too fast.

Now is the best time to fade that in after having won the CL, and be in a prestigious position.

Nah, hes nothing more than a normal human. Nothing special about him, sorry to burst your bubble mate.

Nothing special about Ramires. Ok then. Hes that average that they're are rumours Real Madrid (the supposed best team on the planet) want him.. ok nothing special mate. He won't go anyway because hes not stupid enough to go be the future of Real in like 3 years anyway.

You do realise they bought the two most expensive football players of all time, in Kaka and Ronaldo, right? Using Madrid as an example is not going to help your cause.

Totally agree. Madrid started the big spending off tbh, they bought Zidane and Figo for about 40 million euros each in like 2003.

But we first would need to sell Meireles, because Meireles is our squad player that takes over Lampard.

With Meireles gone and Modric in, Modric will be the main man, and Lampard will take the Meireles role.

I'd say you've got that pretty much spot on mate. The only real trouble is getting Levy to sell to us, which, based on everything i've read/been told is very unlikely.

Nothing special about Ramires. Ok then. Hes that average that they're are rumours Real Madrid (the supposed best team on the planet) want him.. ok nothing special mate.

Totally agree. Madrid started the big spending off tbh, they bought Zidane and Figo for about 40 million euros each in like 2003.

Dont be so gullible, nor mourinho nor madrid would want his services, hes not good enough. You can give me all the little cheap sources to supply your statement, but there is no relevent proof that we want of his services, NOT ONE.

I thought the whole reason for a double pivot is for one to do all the defensive duty like Mikel, and the other to do some light defensive duty but main priority to start plays from defense to attack?

In fact that Lampard today is shit in his old role, and therefore had to revert to a deep lying play maker role to help extend his game.

So at 34, and having RDM who favors a double pivot role, it makes sense to get Modric in.

Seems kinda cold, but that is what AVB wanted.

But rush it too fast.

Now is the best time to fade that in after having won the CL, and be in a prestigious position.

I agree with the modric double pivot thing. Meireles should leave in that case, but the modric deal will be hard if not impossible.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You