Luka Modric

DavidEU

He is just too dam good for Chelsea to let him pass by.

He cannot go to another team that is not Chelsea.

So if he don't come to us, let him stay there with AVB.....

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/329747/Chelsea-set-to-beat-Real-Madrid-to-Luka-Modric-?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Probably a load of rubbish, but a rumour nonetheless. I am one of Hulk's biggest fans, but tbh i'd rather see us get Modric if we can't get both of them

Balague trustworthy? :lol:

The guy publishes shit like Marca and Daily Mail.

And usually his sources are from some crappy source in Spain. Just recently he was reporting about the Drogba deal to Barcelona....

So yeah very credible. :rolleyes:

By trust worthy i mean the way he presents himself, its not like hes the top insider in europe or something, he just tends to may report the big things first, he reports rumors and in a proffesional way that comes off as more trust worthy. Read his blog, he has some very good articles about everything.

By trust worthy i mean the way he presents himself, its not like hes the top insider in europe or something, he just tends to may report the big things first, he reports rumors and in a proffesional way that comes off as more trust worthy. Read his blog, he has some very good articles about everything.

Sorry he is not good enough for me.

Skysport will only do!

Why do we worry about defending all the time? Everybody here wants the CAM, RW, LW even the CF to track back and defend. We have defenders for that.I get the idea of total football but I say we've become cowards talking about defending all the time. Now the media is associating us with the ultra defensive tactic calling it "the chelsea way". We need to change this set of mind.

If we have a front four of Mara, hazard, hulk and Torres your not going to find them tracking back a often as they should (see Malouda in the euros for example).

Doesn't matter how good you are going forward because decent opposition ( see Germany v Italy) shall exploit defensive frailties.

If your spending silly money on a CMid prefer Martinez.

I dont know the rules about how the english system works, but is it that if modric sends in a transfer request, the club cant say no?

They can. A transfer request means the player has 'formally' decided to leave, really it means shit all. I think it has some baring on the transfer free, but I don't know that for certain so that could not be true. Most time, players would be sold upon a t.request, cause it just shows the player it's 100% decided on. The club isn't forced to accept though.

They can. A transfer request means the player has 'formally' decided to leave, really it means shit all. I think it has some baring on the transfer free, but I don't know that for certain so that could not be true. Most time, players would be sold upon a t.request, cause it just shows the player it's 100% decided on. The club isn't forced to accept though.

Thanks for the info.

If Avb really is coming in then its probably going to be good news for us on the modric front. We saw how he deals with transfer requests at Chelsea...

He'd probably "evaluate" the request for 2 weeks before deciding.

I do not, in any circumstance want a money + player swap deal involving Sturridge. The kid has talent and could be class. Best not to let him go and regret it later when he is banging in goals. I think a £35 million bid could/should secure Modric (as long as Madrid is not involved).

I do not, in any circumstance want a money + player swap deal involving Sturridge. The kid has talent and could be class. Best not to let him go and regret it later when he is banging in goals. I think a £35 million bid could/should secure Modric (as long as Madrid is not involved).

I'd love to keep sturridge to, but if Spurs were willing to accept say 25m/30m + Sturridge i think we'd be foolish not to take it. We have strikers with just as much potential as Sturridge in Lukaku, Feruz, Bamford and possibly even Moses if it goes through. Having Modric has a huge impact on our first team, having Sturridge doesn't

I'd love to keep sturridge to, but if Spurs were willing to accept say 25m/30m + Sturridge i think we'd be foolish not to take it. We have strikers with just as much potential as Sturridge in Lukaku, Feruz, Bamford and possibly even Moses if it goes through. Having Modric has a huge impact on our first team, having Sturridge doesn't

£25-30m + Sturridge for Modric would be one of the most ridiculous deals ever. If we really wanted to get rid of Sturridge I'm sure he would go for something like £15m so that would take the total to around £40-45 million. That's way too much for Modric and we'd be more than foolish if we took it.

I still think a ridiculous bid like that is what it takes for Levy to even consider selling Luka to us. Hope we're not that desperate to agree to it though.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You