Luka Modric

DavidEU

there is no room for modric in current midfield.

we have mikel, romeu, mierles, benayoun, kdb, ramires.

ok so benyoun sold leaves us 5. and as much as i/some others would want kdb here, he'll most likely leave on loan.

so we got lamps, mikel, mierles, ramires playin double pivot roles whole year, thats ok, but where does modric fit?? sell mierles thats not enough, he command a starting spot w/rotation, but almost evry game like ashley cole.

i know modric is decent tackler, but would rather cheaper moutinho, who can be played with lamps, or more defensive mikel and still flourish. did i mention cheaper?! hahaha

Now after the Euros i dont Think Moutinho will be Cheaper then Modric...

Teams will kill us with a midfield of Mikel- Modric- Mata- Hazard- Hulk/Marin... this is too weak physically and defensively. that will be horrible to watch. We dont need him. So what if he's brilliant? that doesnt mean we need him in our team.

So we buy Modric, which means Lampard will have to be benched for the majority of games (big games as well i'd assume), as it's unlikely they'll ever play together...

...What happened under AVB when Lampard was dropped? I seem to remember a fair bit of animosity towards Lampard from some members when the stories in the press came out about him being unhappy.

Are we going to get the same complaints from Frank again? Just a wondering of mine...

So we buy Modric, which means Lampard will have to be benched for the majority of games (big games as well i'd assume), as it's unlikely they'll ever play together...

...What happened under AVB when Lampard was dropped? I seem to remember a fair bit of animosity towards Lampard from some members when the stories in the press came out about him being unhappy.

Are we going to get the same complaints from Frank again? Just a wondering of mine...

He said if he's going to be benched he wants to see the team winning. Replacing him with a world class player (Modric), rather than Meireles.. a squad player at best, would be a good start. AVB's subpar man-management skills are partly to blame, and the way he dealt with players (ala Alex & Anelka).

Teams will kill us with a midfield of Mikel- Modric- Mata- Hazard- Hulk/Marin... this is too weak physically and defensively. that will be horrible to watch. We dont need him. So what if he's brilliant? that doesnt mean we need him in our team.

There's no evidence to support that claim. We would have more possession, thus we'd need to defend less than before.

Direct quote..

"I’ve been here a long time, I’m 33, I’m realistic. It doesn’t mean I want to play every game but, if I sit on the bench, I want to see Chelsea win."

http://www.dailymail...illas-Boas.html

Can't ask for more then that for Frank, and when he scored twice at Newcastle I think it was last season, or Bolton, he was dropped again.

Do you have a source? havent read it.

Robbie benched Lampard as often as AVB did yet Lampard can't speak highly enough of him (Robbie), that should be enough evidence in itself.

Robbie benched Lampard as often as AVB did yet Lampard can't speak highly enough of him (Robbie), that should be enough evidence in itself.

Perhaps (i'm not aware of the specific statistics), but you got the sense that under RDM, Lampard was more trusted with responsibility than under AVB. Even if he was benched, there was the feeling that Frank was still 'the main man' in midfield. Obviously AVB's handling of him didn't help, as TX said, but you can imagine the stories of 'player power' etc. all rearing their heads if Modric were to replace Lampard at the beginning of the season.

Consider how he was playing at the end of the season, he was like a new player in his new role, does he deserve to become second choice behind Modric? And before you say they can share the workload because Lampard is 34, I don't see that happening - Meireles is a squad player, Essien is a squad player. At this moment in time, Lampard is not a squad player, and neither is a £30/40m signing such as Modric.

Frankly, i'm having a hard time seeing this deal as being possible. I'm not convinced we have room for him nor am I convinced we need him.

The club is in an extremely difficult position. Given Lampard is just about to turn 34 his ability to play so many games as previous seasons could easily start to diminish and he could start struggling more with injuries where little niggles are no longer possible to play with and a 3 week injury starts to take 4-5 weeks to get over. Alternatively Lampard could also very possibly cope with another 2-3 seasons playing between 30-45 games a season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You