Luka Modric

DavidEU

I'd love to keep sturridge to, but if Spurs were willing to accept say 25m/30m + Sturridge i think we'd be foolish not to take it. We have strikers with just as much potential as Sturridge in Lukaku, Feruz, Bamford and possibly even Moses if it goes through. Having Modric has a huge impact on our first team, having Sturridge doesn't

I'm sorry but I wouldn't consider Feruz and Bamford having the same potential as Sturridge. We are really underestimating Danny Boy. Even if they offered a 25m/30m + Sturridge, I wouldn't take it. Your making a premature conclusion that Sturridge won't improve and have an impact on our team.

£25-30m + Sturridge for Modric would be one of the most ridiculous deals ever. If we really wanted to get rid of Sturridge I'm sure he would go for something like £15m so that would take the total to around £40-45 million. That's way too much for Modric and we'd be more than foolish if we took it.

I still think a ridiculous bid like that is what it takes for Levy to even consider selling Luka to us. Hope we're not that desperate to agree to it though.

Hmmm, he's entering the last year of his contract too which you have to bare in mind too and we'd be offloading a player who's more likely to play as a backup next season too, while bringing in someone who's getting into our first team and has a big impact on our style of play.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't consider Feruz and Bamford having the same potential as Sturridge. We are really underestimating Danny Boy. Even if they offered a 25m/30m + Sturridge, I wouldn't take it. Your making a premature conclusion that Sturridge won't improve and have an impact on our team.

With Feruz only time will tell, but the signs are positive. Bamford certainly has as much potential as sturridge though, he'll be quality. Not saying Sturridge wouldn't have an impact on the team but out of Luka and Sturridge, its obvious who's going to make the bigger impact

Hmmm, he's entering the last year of his contract too which you have to bare in mind too and we'd be offloading a player who's more likely to play as a backup next season too, while bringing in someone who's getting into our first team and has a big impact on our style of play.

With Feruz only time will tell, but the signs are positive. Bamford certainly has as much potential as sturridge though, he'll be quality. Not saying Sturridge wouldn't have an impact on the team but out of Luka and Sturridge, its obvious who's going to make the bigger impact

If we buy Modric using Sturridge, we'd have to buy another striker as well. So if we decided to use Sturridge as a bargaining chip we automatically have to buy 2 players instead of 1.

If we buy Modric using Sturridge, we'd have to buy another striker as well. So if we decided to use Sturridge as a bargaining chip we automatically have to buy 2 players instead of 1.

That all depends on how Lukaku does Pre Season and also on if we sign Moses who is naturally a striker too

So not needed hope we dont get him, why would we want another tiny midfielder....

Because he is technically better than all of our central midfielders.

I still think there is a problem in central midfield, we have players who, if we are setting up to defend and keep a shape, they are perfect. They are hard workers, defensively aware and able. However it seems we are trying to adopt a more attacking, fluid approach and Im not sure if any of our midfielders are technically proficient enough to play that way. Mikel arguably is, Romeu probably is but he plays the same role as Mikel. The other central midfield role is likely to be occupied by Lampard and Meireles on a rotating basis and neither are as technically good as Modric and neither can link the play like Modric does.

I think he would add so much to the side as we try to change the whole philosophy of the team, I really hope this one happens.

Lukaku is not even ready so I don't know why you keep mentioning him...

Lets wait and see first, was not given a fair crack of the whip last season. His cameo against Liverpool and performance against Blackburn suggest that he's hugely improved. Judge him after a few games

So not needed hope we dont get him, why would we want another tiny midfielder....

i really dont get why people cant see that we desperately need a Modric type midfielder more than any other position!!! The reason why we have to park the bus against top teams is because we dont have a midfielder who can sit in front of the back 4, get the ball from the defenders then pick out passes to the front four and basically control games from midfield! we are crying out for a Modric in our team! Lamps and Mikel can always do a job when it comes to parking the bus but when it comes to playing attacking football we would get ripped open on counter attacks with those two their because we wouldn't have that control in midfield that Modric will bring.

we would keep so much possession with him and it will benifit the likes of Mata and Hazard so much as Modric is the type of player who can give them the ball nice and early and in space so they can do their thing! Modric is a must in our team! and if you cant see that then i dont know what to say.

Lets wait and see first, was not given a fair crack of the whip last season. His cameo against Liverpool and performance against Blackburn suggest that he's hugely improved. Judge him after a few games

Not sure if we can judge him that way based on two performances against rubbish teams. :Goober:

Yeah, so what? I know full well he has only a year left on his contract and now it's looking likely that Torres is going to be our main striker next season and Sturridge would serve as a backup but still that doesn't change the fact he's a 22-year-old English versatile centre forward who scored 11 goals in the league last season despite sitting on the bench a lot since Di Matteo took over. Considering what the transfer market is like these days, a player like that is worth 15 mil easily. I said it myself earlier today that Danny could be used to tempt Spurs into selling Modric to us but if we agreed to give them one of the most promising strikers in the country as well as a shocking amount of £30m in cold, hard cash, we would be the fools of the deal, not them. If they want Sturridge in exchange, we can think about it but the amount of money wouldn't then be anywhere near £30m or we would once again be the laughing stock of the footballing world when it comes to transfers. Of course Modric is one of the best midfielders in the world and would improve our chances a lot for next season but somewhere there simply has to be a limit of what we are willing to pay for such a player.

Not sure if we can judge him that way based on two performances against rubbish teams. :Goober:

Lol, no but the improvement shown over the course of the season should suggest that we can't class him as 'not ready' yet after showing some class in these games

Technique > Physique is always rule in football. When footballer is old, he can't rely on his physical strenght anymore, but technique always stays.

Because he is technically better than all of our central midfielders.

I still think there is a problem in central midfield, we have players who, if we are setting up to defend and keep a shape, they are perfect. They are hard workers, defensively aware and able. However it seems we are trying to adopt a more attacking, fluid approach and Im not sure if any of our midfielders are technically proficient enough to play that way. Mikel arguably is, Romeu probably is but he plays the same role as Mikel. The other central midfield role is likely to be occupied by Lampard and Meireles on a rotating basis and neither are as technically good as Modric and neither can link the play like Modric does.

I think he would add so much to the side as we try to change the whole philosophy of the team, I really hope this one happens.

Pretty much that's it.

We can't play sexy with Meireles or Lampard.

Reason why AVB had such a hart time with these lot! :lol:

Modric being the age he is, won't interfere with Josh. Josh might need two or three seasons before he is worthy to even start in our team like Ryan!

Yeah, so what? I know full well he has only a year left on his contract and now it's looking likely that Torres is going to be our main striker next season and Sturridge would serve as a backup but still that doesn't change the fact he's a 22-year-old English versatile centre forward who scored 11 goals in the league last season despite sitting on the bench a lot since Di Matteo took over. Considering what the transfer market is like these days, a player like that is worth 15 mil easily. I said it myself earlier today that Danny could be used to tempt Spurs into selling Modric to us but if we agreed to give them one of the most promising strikers in the country as well as a shocking amount of £30m in cold, hard cash, we would be the fools of the deal, not them. If they want Sturridge in exchange, we can think about it but the amount of money wouldn't then be anywhere near £30m or we would once again be the laughing stock of the footballing world when it comes to transfers. Of course Modric is one of the best midfielders in the world and would improve our chances a lot for next season but somewhere there simply has to be a limit of what we are willing to pay for such a player.

Well its a pretty big deal when it comes to transfer fees actually. Something tells me Danny wouldn't be happy as being backup from his personality and i think he'd only sign on with certain assurances. Losing him on a free would be even more disastrous and we wouldn't be a laughing stock of the footballing world either considering the player we'd get in return and the possible knock on effects of the signing based on performances. 25m + Sturridge and i'd take it, but thats just my opinion

i would'nt mind them having sturridge if it means us getting modric! i dont belive he has the right attitude to become a world class striker, which aint good enough for chelsea FC so unless hes happy being back-up here (which he wont) i dont mind seeing him go but is there a source for this or ??

there is no room for modric in current midfield.

we have mikel, romeu, mierles, benayoun, kdb, ramires.

ok so benyoun sold leaves us 5. and as much as i/some others would want kdb here, he'll most likely leave on loan.

so we got lamps, mikel, mierles, ramires playin double pivot roles whole year, thats ok, but where does modric fit?? sell mierles thats not enough, he command a starting spot w/rotation, but almost evry game like ashley cole.

i know modric is decent tackler, but would rather cheaper moutinho, who can be played with lamps, or more defensive mikel and still flourish. did i mention cheaper?! hahaha

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You