Luka Modric

DavidEU

Hmmm we're still not linked...

Our board must know for sure that they won't sell to anyone in England. Unless we offered £40m again, I can't see us getting Luka. Would be a dream signing.

What you talking about they won't sell anyone to England?

The same was said about Berbatov, Torres and a much more.

If you pay the price they will sell.

Modric should be worth what Torres is. But not many clubs got the finance to pay that amount.

Chelsea can do it, cause it was last summer where we put a 40 mill bid. That 40 mill bid was thrown way too late.

What Chelsea put at the beginning was laughable.

And now that Chelsea has made a lot more revenue for winning the CL, we should theoretical have the money to buy another Torres!

We could easily be interested even if the media haven't picked up on it. They don't seem to have a clue about our transfers and the only way they've found out about hulk is due to his agent blabbing. With Moses and Marin they were clueless, even the manager situation. There's probably some interest there I reckon. I think we could get him for 30m + Sturridge. Not sure how popular that'd be from our end though

If Spurs have the chance to sell to either us or Madrid, they're going to let him move to Spain, aren't they?

Levy is under no obligation to sell this year, in the same way he wasn't last year, we all know he is a shrewd businessman, to put it politely.

Personally, I don't actually believe we ever submitted a £40m bid last year anyway. The media said we did, and all Harry ever said was 'apparently' he'd just 'heard' we'd bid £40m.

Unless we sell Meireles and Essien, I don't see us being interested in Modric this summer, which is unfortunate because I think he'd do very well at Chelsea. We are well stocked in CM already.

I feel we need to give our youth players more playing time so I'm very against getting in more players.

in my opinion we need a right back either Mathieu Debuchy or

Cesar Azpilicueta that's about it

and well we have players like Mikel Romeau

Mceachran and even Ramirez can play in the center

Going into a bidding war with Real Madrid would be financial suicide. Last year we were pretty much the only ones interested, Modric reportedly even told he wanted to leave, but our 40M bid was still rejected. Plus I've read that Levy will not sell him to another club in England. Sorry guys, but there's a very big chance that this ship has sailed. Doing business with Sp*rs = no go.

We'd be better off searching for cheaper alternatives, IF the club are indeed after a central midfielder. Getting Hazard and potentially Hulk and Modric in the same window always seemed too far fetched.

We weren't linked with Marin, and he signed. We weren't linked with Hazard until very late, and he signed.

Same could potentially happen with Luka. Have faith.

No. We were already linked with Hazard from the start along with City and United. He only really considered us after we won the CL because we'll be playing in it next season.

Some of you need to calm down. You seem to forget we have already spent £40-50 million this transfer window, this is real life not football manager.

LOVE!! Maybe it's because it's the off-season or because of the general youth of most of the posters, but the amounts being theoretically spent on this board are absolutely insane.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You