Luka Modric

DavidEU

Yeah, maybe you won't get humiliated by Barca next season.

What are you talking about? Madrid beat Barca and won the La Liga title. Barca could only manage to get the Copa Del Rey. Madrid have figured Barcelona out. After years of chasing Barcelona's shadow they've finnally perfected the formula to beat Barcelona. That's why Barca struggle against Madrid more than any other team on the Planet.

What are you talking about? Madrid beat Barca and won the La Liga title. Barca could only manage to get the Copa Del Rey. Madrid have figured Barcelona out. After years of chasing Barcelona's shadow they've finnally perfected the formula to beat Barcelona. That's why Barca struggle against Madrid more than any other team on the Planet.

I think there's one team Barcelona struggle against more than Real Madrid. Just ask Pep Guardiola, seen as it was the only team he ever faced that he couldn't beat!

I think there's one team Barcelona struggle against more than Real Madrid. Just ask Pep Guardiola, seen as it was the only team he ever faced that he couldn't beat!

To be fair we won due to luck. Barca created a ton of chances. Against Madrid they struggle to make chances.

To be fair we won due to luck. Barca created a ton of chances. Against Madrid they struggle to make chances.

The Barcelona matches aren't solely down to luck! They haven't beaten us in 7 games now. In a run stretching back to 2000 and 12 games we have only lost 3 times and all of those were with 10 men. Barcelona have never been able to cope with our style.

We are defensively organised, an experienced midfield full of strength and in Drogba we had an outlet which frightened the shit out of them. I can guarantee you year after year we are THE team Barcelona don't want to draw in the Champions League. They have never coped with our insatiable appetite for a battle and never say die attitude.

You make your own luck in this life.

I meant those 2 legs this year, not our past encounters...Jeez calm down.

Not luck, just sheer determination. We wanted it more and that's what pulled us through. Messi missing a penalty is not luck, Messi missing a penalty is down to Messi not having enough composure at that specific moment to score.

If anything we were more unlucky in the second leg as we were 2-0 down with a red card, in the Camp Nou. Barca have no excuses. We didn't finish the game 2-2 because we were lucky. We finished it 2-2 because we wanted it more.

Cech saving shots left right centre isn't luck, it's Cech at its best. Drogba scoring that goal in SB wasn't luck, it was a well constructed move. The win wasn't luck in my opinion, we just took our chances and defended for our lives, whilst Barca didn't. Granted we didn't play the stereotypical "good" football that fans all over the world worship, but it doesn't matter, no one does against Barcelona. We put a shift in and got what we deserved after hard work. That's it.

Sorry for going off topic but it does really annoy me when people (not you per se) say we were lucky.

1 victory against them in the league and a copa del rey final doesn't justify them head to head out of 13 attempts. Barca is still the best team on the planet and i'm pretty sure they struggle more against us than Madrid.

1 victory against them in the league

It wasn't just any victory though, it was essentially the title decider and Madrid went to Barca's home and took the trophy.

And over the past 5-6 meetings between the 2 sides Madrid have shown they're capable of matching them.

Their last 3 meetings = 1 RM win, 1 Barca win, 1 draw.

Also, when they met in the Copa del rey last season, Barca just edged it 4-3 agg.

Can you please explain and elaborate how Modric is a defensive liability?

I don't think he meant to say Modric by himself is a defensive liability. But if you group players Modric, Mata, Torres, Marin, and Ramires together the midfield could become a bit lightweight.

I will be gutted if RM gets Modric, and we can't do crap!

I doubt they can use him against the bigger teams though.

-------Modric------Alonso----

-Di Maria-----Ozil-------Ronaldo

--------------Benzema---------

That team looks like one that will play against smaller/weaker teams, as less defending is needed. However against bigger/stronger teams who will defend in that team? Alonso can't do it by himself. Modric can defend but Jose would really have to tell Modric to get his defense in shape in order for him to play the double pivot role. Khedira is a very good player, as seen in the Euros. Having Khedira and Alonso is already very balanced and they can provide creativity and drive. This is why I somewhat doubt the Modric link to Madrid. Plus, Sahin would be on his way if Modric arrives at Madrid.

A massive fuck you to Nuri Sahin if Madrid buy Modric. He barely played last season and if they got Modric too I see no place in the team for him. Obviously Alonso can't go on forever and in the future they could play both Modric and Sahin at the same time but for next season they are definitely going to have Alonso, Khedira and most likely even Granero and Lass Diarra to compete with Sahin and at least one of them is going to be very unhappy with the lack of playing time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You