Luka Modric

DavidEU

Over the years, we have seen many strange dealings. Lol.

Apparently, Carlo likes Ramires a lot.

One cannot say it will never happen. Lol.

He likes Modric a lot either. Luka was our nr1 target when Carlo was our coach but Levy and the Spuds didn't want their best player to play for us.

Why did he cut his hair :/

I guess because its realy hot in brazil, but that was his known look...imagine pirlo or Luiz with short hair...

He had a bet with someone promising he'd cut his hair if he wins the Champions League.

A few years ago Modric would have been perfect, but right now with Cesc coming in and with our system I would rather keep Ramires.

Swapping Rami for Modric would make no sense at this point, it would mean all the work Jose done last season, implementing his Counter attacking system would have been for nothing as having Modric, Matic and Fabregas would mean we would have to start trying to play like Barca again, which wouldn't make sense for Mourinho to do.

Honestly if we can get a player like Modric for Ramires its a no brainer no matter what at this point.

Honestly if we can get a player like Modric for Ramires its a no brainer no matter what at this point.

That's not how it works though! It's the same with Arsenal and Fabregas, Arsenal just don't need him right now, and after we sign Cesc we won't need Modric, and with Fabregas here I would much rather have Ramires then Modric as that would give more balance to the team and suits our system better.

That's not how it works though! It's the same with Arsenal and Fabregas, Arsenal just don't need him right now, and after we sign Cesc we won't need Modric, and with Fabregas here I would much rather have Ramires then Modric as that would give more balance to the team and suits our system better.

Fabregas and Modric are not the same at all, not even close. The former is an attacking midfielder while the latter is a proper DLP. If we get both Fabregas will replace oscar in the hole and Modric partners Matic in CM.

Just because he's played in Cm doesn't mean he's a CM. fabregas skillset is more suited to playing behind the striker. I have always thought playing him in CM wastes alot of his creativity and goal scoring potential.

Fabregas and Modric are not the same at all, not even close. The former is an attacking midfielder while the latter is a proper DLP. If we get both Fabregas will replace oscar in the hole and Modric partners Matic in CM.

Just because he's played in Cm doesn't mean he's a CM. fabregas skillset is more suited to playing behind the striker. I have always thought playing him in CM wastes alot of his creativity and goal scoring potential.

I never once said they are the same. I have watched both play for years so I don't need you to explain how both play. The point I was making is having both in our team would mean we would have to change our system to get the best out of them! We wouldn't be able to play effective counter attacking football with such a lack of pace!

Plus Mourinho plays Oscar behind the striker for a reason because he offers more defensively, something Fabregas wouldn't offer. Mourinho has used a counter attacking system his whole career and signing both Fabregas and Modric while getting rid of someone and dropping someone else who fit that system perfectly in Ramires and Oscar is just ridiculous.

Since the Fabregas deal is almost done, we should focus on Varane-Ramires swap rather than go for an extra CM. Its not like Real is gonna sell Modric anyway. Makes no sense to them.

Varane, on the other hand, haven't featured heavily in Ancelotti's plans last season and he is highly regarded by Jose.

Diego Costa, Fabregas, Felipe Luis, Varane IN

Ramires OUT

A man can dream.

I never once said they are the same. I have watched both play for years so I don't need you to explain how both play. The point I was making is having both in our team would mean we would have to change our system to get the best out of them! We wouldn't be able to play effective counter attacking football with such a lack of pace!

Plus Mourinho plays Oscar behind the striker for a reason because he offers more defensively, something Fabregas wouldn't offer. Mourinho has used a counter attacking system his whole career and signing both Fabregas and Modric while getting rid of someone and dropping someone else who fit that system perfectly in Ramires and Oscar is just ridiculous.

Of what use was the counter attacking "pace and suitability" of Oscar and ramires against parked defence last season? most of the teams we face domestically employs tactics that renders our counterattacking football useless. which is why we need to be more versatile offensively and both Modric and fabregas gives us another option and dimension.

Of what use was the counter attacking "pace and suitability" of Oscar and ramires against parked defence last season? most of the teams we face domestically employs tactics that renders our counterattacking football useless. which is why we need to be more versatile offensively and both Modric and fabregas gives us another option and dimension.

Diego Costa sorts that problem out for us though. We created more then enough chances to win almost every game we dropped points in! Plus with Fabregas coming in that is more then enough to beat those bottom teams.

A world class goal scorer and more creativity from deep is all we need. Costa and Fabregas will give us that.

• 1 month later...

Nah. Goal should hire better translators.

Original: "Ne, nisam zvao Modrića... Mislim, zvao sam ga, ali privatno. Da ga pitam kako je on, kako supruga, obitelj"

Meaning: "No, I don't call Modric... I mean, i call him, but we spoke about private matters. I asked him how is wife, kids".

Jose doesn't call Modric to ask him join Chelsea.

• 5 months later...

Apparently, Modric's gf want to move :lol:

Chelsea transfer rumours: 'Unsettled' Luka Modric set for Premier League return at Stamford Bridge

Luka Modric could make a return to the Premier League with Chelsea or Manchester United following reports his girlfriend is struggling to adjust to life in Madrid.

United have previously shown interest in the former Spurs midfielder after a sluggish start to his career at the Bernabeu.

However, Chelsea have also been linked with the player and Jose Mourinho is a big fan of his.

The Express says that Fifa agent Francois Gallardo has admitted that Modric's girlfriend could pull the strings in terms of his next move.

"Modric is the engine of Real Madrid, but the problem it is his wife who did not fit into Madrid in Spain," Gallardo told French outlet Le 10 Sport.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11352352/Chelsea-Transfer-news.html

Hello everyone. I want to say one thing about Fifa agent Francois Gallardo. This man is a liar. very big liar. He participates in a television program very famous in Spain "El chiringuito de Jugones" (the program is about football) and each week he announced 4/5 massive signings that will change the history of football ... but these signings never do. He's a liar authentic.

He remained until August 31 last year saying that Messi had already signed the PSG (even though the sanction of Financial Fair Play).

Also a year earlier said that Real Madrid had signed a contract with Liverpool and Luis Suarez, and then when Barcelona ficho to Suarez, then Fifa agent Francois Gallardo said Florentino Perez (Real Madrid president) had included a "clause of anti-bites "even before the bite of Suarez in the World Cup and that bite broke the contract with Liverpool and Suarez Suarez and so joined Barcelona.

Michael Laudrup to Barcelona as a Coach, Negrego to Real Madrid, Mandzukic to Real Madrid, Luis Suarez to Real Madrid, Messi to PSG...

Boom! Simeone y Messi to Napoles...

If Messi leaves Barcelona, Di Maria (now in Manchester United) to Barcelona...

Real Madrid have rejected a big offer from Chelsea for Garenth Bale for the January.

I put an imitation.

This man is a liar. When he said it also Modric last year nobody believed this.

Many players when they arrive in Spain are not acclimatized to the climatology of Spain. And many choose to return to their former country for that. And that exploit many journalists to say "This player wants to leave Spain because it is not adapted to the climatology of here". It is a trap to populate their news.

If this were true, maybe someday François Gallardo guesses at something, I think if you elijiria Modric to Chelsea because Modric knows and appreciates Jose and he has lived in London (and also because Chelsea is one of the best teams in the world ).

Regards.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You