Chelsea (4)1-1(2) Newcastle

James

Wow forgot how this feels like. Super surprised obv 

Motm Kieran trippier for us ofc

But so many more positives. Petrovic was great on pens after his impressive debut vs sheff

nkunku looks fit albeit a bit rusty great pen tho. Gusto fit again too 

Mudryk with another well taken important goal even if only his 3rd 

These are the nights that forge team spirit can finally make a proper unit out of this weird group of  players 

Hate to be doom and gloom but I don’t think we should be getting overly excited yet. In fact far from it.

Yes we are in the semi finals but the performance was still pretty awful in attack. We are never going to break any teams down playing like that and you cannot rely on other teams making huge errors like Trippiers for the goal every game.

Nkunku being back though maybe that'll change a bit but still think with us and how we try to play through midfield, Caicedo and Enzo… just don’t do enough as a pair for me and whilst Gallagher has improved a lot and probably our best player on the park, he has a limit and a role. The starting fullbacks tonight also limit how he play in the other half of the pitch I feel, I think you can see Disasi and Colwill aren’t completely comfortable and Gusto made a difference.

The players celebrating getting to a domestic cup semi final in that fashion, for me, is just odd… yes show of passion but I suppose it just shows where about we are as a club and that perhaps for now, getting to a semi final is going to be much more of an achievement than it was years ago for previous groups. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

EVERYONE was in poor form pre the Sheffield United match. 

It should be clear now that with almost EVERYONE playing better, it was down to the coach / manager who was not getting the best out of. Should be intelligent enough to see this and quit slagging off the players. 

There is no keeper that comes to mind that I can remember that possesses Sanchez’s distribution skills and calmness in possession. He is an upgrade on sweeper-keeper Manuel Nuer got his reputation on. Added to his, what I see is, decent shot stopping - we stole him off Brighton. 

Edited by Chuckso

call me insane, but I still think Muddy can come good

he is one of the ten quickest AND fastest (2 different things) I have even seen

he just needs to be coached to improve his footballing cognition which, (contrary to popular opinion) can be improved