Chelsea 0-2 Brentford

ZAPHOD2319

long gone are the days that teams feared us when they came to the bridge, i miss the days when Stamford Bridge was a fortress, now opposing teams relish playing against us on any given day, because they know we are absolute dogshit and they can get the result they want. this is a pathetic team with zero character and identity, regardless of who the manager is.

I read this article on Ange's success and how the pressure should be on Poch! Regardless of who we signed, we literally have Enzo, Caicedo, Colwill, James, Silva and more, all players in my opinion who would walk into that Spurs team, Poch isn't good enough and if we had gotten Ange we would be laughing not laughed at.

Ange's Start Puts Pressure On Poch

20 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Madueke is probably our worst new era transfer. He is nowhere near ready to play in the prem. Hudson odoi was better. We had so many bad transfers in such a short period of time, but there was some logic behind most of them. This guy plays badly, does not run and has not shown a glimpse of class in professional football. 

Jackson is Batshuayi level. Ok for the bench for 2-3 seasons. Nowhere near top half quality.

Injuries are killing us, but the season seems over in freaking October. Unacceptable! City, Arsenal, Pool and apparently Spurs are definitely finishing above us. Add Man utd, Newcastle, Brighton and Villa, who probably will finish above us. Beat case scenario we finish 9th. My god what a progress. Trust the process. No, I won’t. The only joy I got from Chelsea are some transfers. On the pitch misery upon misery. I am really invested in football, but simply cannot take this every week!!!

Inconsistency will happen with this squad. Despite the money spent, I would say the attackers all have a question mark over them in terms of potential and current level of ability, however the constant back and forth regarding players is so irritating. Jackson during pre-season was meant to be a bargain of a striker and everything we hoped Lukaku to be. Madueke put in a top performance against Bournemouth last season in our 3-1 win and people were talking about how good he will be. Madueke started his first PL game yesterday so always expected he wouldn't be totally up to scratch. Cucurella was slated by majority of fanbase but last few games, people were suddenly saying he deserves a spot in team.

Poor loss but the constant knee-jerk reactions is annoying. from fans. Evert other game also we have one-two players who get injured or absent for one reason or another. Once (if) we get a fully fit team, then I will still reserve judgement. But yeah, that Brentford goal seemed inevitable after our profligacy in front of goal.

7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I still don't get the Lavia signing.  Like we got Caicedo and then we also got a talented young midfielder in Ugo, not sure why we needed to sign 3 DM's in the same transfer window. 

The saddest part is, we sign all this talent but when it comes to attackers and creativity we decide to sign only Nkunku and hope for the best.   Surely the plan wasn't to rely on Jackson/Broja for a whole season up front with some brazilian kid being their back-up. 

The only positives so far this season: Colwill, Enzo, Palmer and Mudryk scoring a goal. 

I don't mind losses but you have to score at home in front of your own fans.   

ugo is ass. lavia is a great player

21 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Didn't watch the game - but why was Gusto dropped for Disasi?

And both Gusto & James on the bench?

God knows.....I did watch the game, and wished I hadn't...apart from the first 20 minutes or so, with the exception of Cole Palmer it was utter dogs*it

Its a shame its just so predictable. Soon as we didn't score first half you knew all Brentford needed was one moment and one goal to win...used to be confident of a comeback now...doesn't seem like anyone on the pitch who can often spark it. 

15 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I still don't get the Lavia signing.  Like we got Caicedo and then we also got a talented young midfielder in Ugo, not sure why we needed to sign 3 DM's in the same transfer window. 

The saddest part is, we sign all this talent but when it comes to attackers and creativity we decide to sign only Nkunku and hope for the best.   Surely the plan wasn't to rely on Jackson/Broja for a whole season up front with some brazilian kid being their back-up. 

The only positives so far this season: Colwill, Enzo, Palmer and Mudryk scoring a goal. 

I don't mind losses but you have to score at home in front of your own fans.   

Lavia could turn out good but it really should of been either him or Caicedo considering we had already signed Ugo and prioritise looking towards a creative midfielder or goal scoring CF. 3 similarly profiled, less than creative DMs was overkill. I mean he’s had 1 PL season at Southampton where they were awful also so I am still not entirely sure he’s going to be the player many expect either, I mean he had a good game against us which I think most people are using as the barometer for as to why he is a very good player (for example Torres did this before we signed him, Benayoun did this, Meireles did this). I mean people were suggesting we would play a MF 3 of Enzo, Caicedo & Lavia and it would be one of the best in the PL but honestly can’t see it. 

I mean when we signed Felix on loan, Mudryk and Madueke in the same window when we were already stacked with attacking players, I didn’t think it would happen again. Then we did it with the MFers.

I mean people also are right to use Ange and his start at Spurs in comparison to Poch here. Nobody expected anything from Ange before the Kane sale, never mind after & a lot of people expected more from Poch but the results, performances and trajectory have been the complete opposite. Yes can they sustain it will be a question but as I said beforehand once he got started at Celtic, they didn’t really let up. Do I expect them to win the league? No obviously not due to City, Liverpool and even Arsenal having a mix of either better players or experience of going for trophies but I don’t think they will fall away as badly as some people expect. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

16 hours ago, Stats said:

Inconsistency will happen with this squad. Despite the money spent, I would say the attackers all have a question mark over them in terms of potential and current level of ability, however the constant back and forth regarding players is so irritating. Jackson during pre-season was meant to be a bargain of a striker and everything we hoped Lukaku to be. Madueke put in a top performance against Bournemouth last season in our 3-1 win and people were talking about how good he will be. Madueke started his first PL game yesterday so always expected he wouldn't be totally up to scratch. Cucurella was slated by majority of fanbase but last few games, people were suddenly saying he deserves a spot in team.

Poor loss but the constant knee-jerk reactions is annoying. from fans. Evert other game also we have one-two players who get injured or absent for one reason or another. Once (if) we get a fully fit team, then I will still reserve judgement. But yeah, that Brentford goal seemed inevitable after our profligacy in front of goal.

Very much so (inconsistency). I was impressed by Cucurella in a few matches last season esp when he played defensive fb/cb. Don't think Gusto is better than him at moment, but he's young and new, so folks love him already.

Madueke, I just don't see it. He looks like a fine athlete, powerful kid, but there isn't much skill in his game. He can help out as a pacy dub, maybe, but atm I don't see much else there. The physical advantage he had at u21 will be gone now. So, we will find out his ceiling real soon.

Fans do behave in a knee-jerk fashion--that's the most passion-like thing there is.  Over time one learns to now fall into traps like "the one who did not play would've done this or that" , or teams is great but manager sucks, but only with time. 

4 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Madueke, I just don't see it. He looks like a fine athlete, powerful kid, but there isn't much skill in his game. He can help out as a pacy dub, maybe, but atm I don't see much else there. The physical advantage he had at u21 will be gone now. So, we will find out his ceiling real soon.

To think we sold Hudson Odoi for peanuts and bought this kid for 30 million, PSV must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Madueke needs 2 seasons on loan in a competitive league before he's "ready" to play for Chelsea week in week out, that's the problem....same can be said about Jackson, Broja, Ugo and various other players that we've signed. 

Think it was Sir Alex who said something along the lines of: if you don't give the kids the chance to make mistakes on loan, you're just ruining their development and not giving them a fair chance.  

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Nobody expected anything from Ange before the Kane sale, never mind after & a lot of people expected more from Poch but the results, performances and trajectory have been the complete opposite. Yes can they sustain it will be a question but as I said beforehand once he got started at Celtic, they didn’t really let up. Do I expect them to win the league? No obviously not due to City, Liverpool and even Arsenal having a mix of either better players or experience of going for trophies but I don’t think they will fall away as badly as some people expect. 

Agree here, I don't expect them to challenge for the title once it gets to the serious end of the season (let's say gameweek 30) but they have enough going for them to get top 4 this season. 

I don't usually praise Spurs but you gotta give them credit for getting their transfer targets sorted.  Vicario was a solid Serie A keeper, that CB from the Bundesliga looks to be a good addition, young Udogie & Sarr provide energy, Bissouma looks motivated and Maddison (mind the spelling) could be signing of the summer if he keeps up that sort of form for the next 10-15 games. 

The reality is if we had signed 2-3 players in key positions and not sold our whole squad(which won us a CL btw) we would have been in and around 4th sport. Both this and last season. We are trying an undercut strategy in F1 terms. Hope it works out in the end, but I am not as optimistic as I was 3 months ago. 

4 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

The reality is if we had signed 2-3 players in key positions and not sold our whole squad(which won us a CL btw) we would have been in and around 4th sport. Both this and last season. We are trying an undercut strategy in F1 terms. Hope it works out in the end, but I am not as optimistic as I was 3 months ago. 

exactly 

above all we selling players and bet on worst young players but with great potential

this is the result of this insane badly approach 

our january transfer market showed what is wrong with our owners and their approachs 

Edited by Mário César

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Just when you think things are looking up we produce another absolute shit show.

Mid table beckons at best, this team is a shit show it really is.

lack of attacking quality

our attacking players aren't good enough

simple as that