15. Nicolas Jackson

ZAPHOD2319

12 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

One of Manchester city's problems is that they don't play to haalands strengths, that was wildly reported last season yet he still got the golden boot.

Fair enough. I think I should have used "try to" which is different from actually accomplishing it. Totally understand how that can be a challenge for a team which has played in a different ways for years.

Either way I don't even like to use him as an example of a "type" which I implied with the Mbappe quip.

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Great footballer but at his age he looks like a streaky goal scorer so far. 

That's essentially all strikers on earth bar one.

Honestly too soon. Striker is one of the most dependent positions in a team, and he will def have to adapt to the PL, the club, and esp his teammates.

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Saw a stat pop up in the game just now that I’ve already forgotten, something about most runs for teammates / most sprints in the league?

He's always trying to get open and make the runs. Even when he isnt picked out he doesnt whinge or stop running like others(Lukaku).

Very positive attitude.

He is a crazy hard worker. Won quite a few balls with his pressing up high, which we then squandered. But his ability to close down players and make runs into space is amazing. If he can now build a scoring streak and confidence, he will be very important.

He’s absolutely relentless. His pressing, running of the channels, and holdup play are spectacular. Few sloppy giveaways where he tries to overcomplicate things but he’ll iron that out.

Just think, we paid what £32m for him compared to the £70m+ that United paid for Højlund who has showed even less at his previous club than Nico did.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He’s absolutely relentless. His pressing, running of the channels, and holdup play are spectacular. Few sloppy giveaways where he tries to overcomplicate things but he’ll iron that out.

Just think, we paid what £32m for him compared to the £70m+ that United paid for Højlund who has showed even less at his previous club than Nico did.

Exactly this. He is a great, great number 9. He presses, runs, and wins back balls he shouldn't which leads to chances. He really should have had 2 assists tonight with the ball to Chilly and the other to Sterling but they squandered near 100% surefire goals.

Obviously the WHU game was disappointing, but he had a few other great setups for teammates then as well. Nkunku and Sterling will have a great time playing off him. He really draws in defenders.

Glad he scored today as well. Deserved it.  

I don't want to exaggerate, but after a long time since Drogba and Hazard left, I'm finally excited to watch Chelsea just to see what a single player does. That player being Jackson.

Just a joy to watch even when not scoring. Always seems to know what to do next before receiving the ball, and all this at such a young age.

Very good find and signing by the club. 

9 hours ago, Fernando said:

Nvm he scored but yes he really is a handful. Morata comparison are silly. 

More like anelka if there's a comparison. 

But really good from the scout with this guy. 

Think he has a lot more power than Anelka., able to hold the ball up well.

And you have to remember he is only 22. You would expect him to develop his physical strength further.

Has to work on some of his link up as a few simpler passes at times didn’t find intended targets - although did show some nice touches, in particular for Chilly’s chance where he tries squaring it - v Luton and other games but actually so refreshing to see a CF who is willing to mix it up.

Stretches the game with penetrating runs in behind and in the channels which gives us an option to take 3 or 4 players out of the game at once as opposed to trying to play through a press or through compact set ups.

Also offers a physical presence too without being purely one dimensional and still being mobile. 

I know theres a lot of talk of Drogba and seen Anelka’s name too in here with him but I honestly think he is more like Diego Costa. Again, not saying he will be the next or is at his level or whatever and again, its a small sample size but he just looks  very similar in some aspects of his game.

Positive signs so far.

Edited by OneMoSalah