15. Nicolas Jackson

ZAPHOD2319

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

more than ambition, although they are linked, it is important to have players who want to be here and who want to shine at Chelsea 

it's a very important step towards success

those who don't want to stay at our club can leave at will

You can have players that want to be here for wrong reasons IE money, then you have the players that want to be here to win things IE ambitious 

49 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You can have players that want to be here for wrong reasons IE money, then you have the players that want to be here to win things IE ambitious 

It was also a genious move to reduce the wage bill that drastically, because first it helps the club to safe a lot of money and secondly these players also have a financial motivation to perform well, with a decent available margin of pay rises. 

Edited by Gundalf

4 hours ago, James said:

💪🏼

He looks a proper striker. Anytime he comes on the pitch or is on the pitch, we score more, create more and play better. When he goes off, we are worse off as a team this preseason. And he is surprisingly very fast

We might have discovered a gem here...

Looks like a more creative and athletic version of Darwin Nunez. It’s only pre season but you don’t often see young strikers with such a well rounded skill set and turning in consecutive all action  performances. You can see how hungry he is. Fingers crossed he can keep up the run when it matters. Will be telling how he reacts when he misses badly at some point . 

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Will he get a new squad number before the start of the season?

Clearly going to be part of starting 11

He'll certainly have new one, same as Nkunku. Perhaps so many player came and go they didn't want to finalise yet. Quite a lot to chose from.. Number 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 all available. 

There was so much talk on this forum after we signed him + Nkunku that we needed to get a striker (Osimhen etc) and it says a lot about how good he has been that all of that talk has died out, all doubts in him have gone. He looks like he could be one of the best strikers in the league and someone who can really take us places for years. Makes the whole prospect of the new season just a tonne more exciting to have a real striker on board for the first time in years.

5 hours ago, Mhsc said:

There was so much talk on this forum after we signed him + Nkunku that we needed to get a striker (Osimhen etc) and it says a lot about how good he has been that all of that talk has died out, all doubts in him have gone. He looks like he could be one of the best strikers in the league and someone who can really take us places for years. Makes the whole prospect of the new season just a tonne more exciting to have a real striker on board for the first time in years.

He has been very good in preseason, but that is all we have apart from that. It is way too early to tell if he is going to be the heir to Drogba and Costa. I am not sh*ting on what he has done but people need to put his achievements in context. 

For the record, I am excited by what I have seen thus far, but I am not getting carried away yet. I mean, let's remember back to September 2021 and how some people were wetting themselves over Lukaku's start to that season. 

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

He has been very good in preseason, but that is all we have apart from that. It is way too early to tell if he is going to be the heir to Drogba and Costa. I am not sh*ting on what he has done but people need to put his achievements in context. 

For the record, I am excited by what I have seen thus far, but I am not getting carried away yet. I mean, let's remember back to September 2021 and how some people were wetting themselves over Lukaku's start to that season. 

Pretty sure your the first to put his name close to their names in any context or potentially call him the heir of anybody - yet alone the serial winner and club legend that is Didier and then Diego, our last top level CF….Or at least in this thread.

Does seem a bit hypocritical to tell people to curb expectations when you’re the first to potentially make such a complete unnecessary and ridiculously high level comparison so early.

But yes pre season so far so good, competitive games are a different nature though and thats when things will Matter.

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 hours ago, Mhsc said:

I think it is important that even if he hits a barren spell we do not start doubting him as long as he keeps his great attitude. This boy clearly has it all in terms of ability but obviously will need time to mature and get used to the tempo of PL . As opposed to Timo or Kai or Morata and Lukaku who simply were not good enough all round irrespective of their measly goal return, this guy is. Does not mean he will be a sure hit. But if he continues with this attitude and mentality he deserves to be given time. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty sure your the first to put his name close to their names in any context or potentially call him the heir of anybody - yet alone the serial winner and club legend that is Didier and then Diego, our last top level CF….Or at least in this thread.

Does seem a bit hypocritical to tell people to curb expectations when you’re the first to potentially make such a complete unnecessary and ridiculously high level comparison so early.

But yes pre season so far so good, competitive games are a different nature though and thats when things will Matter.

Like it or not, that is the yard stick CF's get measured at here. Either you get close to their levels or you aren't good enough. If we were happy with just a 15 goal a season CF then a player like Morata would've been fine or at least wouldn't have come in for the criterism he got. Additionally, the kid himself said last week that he wants to be better than Drogba and in the pre-season game threads people have liken him to Drogba so it isn't something just plucked out of my arse. 

Additionally, my point wasn't that he is or isn't going to be that calibre of player. My principal point was that any judgements of him at this point in time have to be tempered with the fact that all we have seen is his work in preseason in a Chelsea shirt. For me, the proof of whether he can lead the line here for even next season will not be seen until the PL season starts. 

As I said, good start thus far, but too early to tell just how good he is yet. 

On 28/07/2023 at 10:53, OneMoSalah said:

Nico put his name next to them saying he respects Didier, but he wants to be better than Drogba for Chelsea.