Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

16 hours ago, King Kante said:

I get what you're saying but in that game we were on top until extra time where we went Conservative which was clearly from the manager. He has done this on numerous occasions this season as well (City away being another prime example.) For me, Poch plays 'scared' in that he will 'play out for a draw' rather than go for the win when things get tight. For me, that really isn't the type of mentality I want instilled into a young team. 

Also great points, but to me I see that in a lack of trust in his teams ability rather than his own, from the comments and press conferences recently I kinda get this vibe as well, but now it seems to be changing so who knows

27 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Keep him! 

Get this man a proper defense. 

kneejerk reaction, this team is likely finishing 7th or 8th. That is the story. 

the biggest issue is that he is a terrible fit for our two most expensive players Enzo and Caicedo neither player are suited to occupy space like Pochitino wants them to play.

Poch is not going to win you anything, and he is not going to get the best out of the players you invested the most amount of money. 

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

kneejerk reaction, this team is likely finishing 7th or 8th. That is the story. 

the biggest issue is that he is a terrible fit for our two most expensive players Enzo and Caicedo neither player are suited to occupy space like Pochitino wants them to play.

Poch is not going to win you anything, and he is not going to get the best out of the players you invested the most amount of money. 

There's improvement and that's the more important part for me. We are not going to win anything soon. So it's best to build a good team. 

Let's keep him and fix the defense and keep marching upward. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

There's improvement and that's the more important part for me. We are not going to win anything soon. So it's best to build a good team. 

The improvement is mostly Poch being forced to play players that are better fit and balance to the squad. So it is false illusion; an illusion caused by his own incompetence for most of the season. when next season everyone is healthy we go back to square one. 

Edited by Clockwork

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So we wait until everyone is settled and doing decent under Poch and then sack him in order to win something? Or do we give up on winning trophies and settle for being a decent team ?

Posted (edited)

Watching us in the last few games, confirms my theory this lot are good enough for a Top 4-6 finish but unfortunately are getting wasted by playing under a complete loser like Poch. Sack him as soon as the season finish no matter what.

Edited by TheHulk

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Watching us in the last few games, confirms my theory this lot are good enough for a Top 4-6 finish but unfortunately are getting wasted by playing under a complete loser like Poch. Sack him as soon as the season finish no matter what.

Can’t win a trophy gift wrapped for him but can turn on the form to save his job before proceeding to stink up another season. Complete fraud 

28 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Top 4-6? We are 7th with games still to go? 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

The improvement is mostly Poch being forced to play players that are better fit and balance to the squad. So it is false illusion; an illusion caused by his own incompetence for most of the season. when next season everyone is healthy we go back to square one. 

I doubt it. Because momentum is key. Last season we was down and that's what we saw first part. Now there's upward momentum building. The players are improving and working in chemistry. That takes time. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I doubt it. Because momentum is key. Last season we was down and that's what we saw first part. Now there's upward momentum building. The players are improving and working in chemistry. That takes time. 

No it is because the players Poch preferred are injured, and players like Cucu, Noni, Chalobah who have been superb in the last couple of games were not prioritized throughout the season. It is quite evident that we struggled this season is mostly due to Poch incompetence and preference for players that was detrimental to our season. 

29 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

No it is because the players Poch preferred are injured, and players like Cucu, Noni, Chalobah who have been superb in the last couple of games were not prioritized throughout the season. It is quite evident that we struggled this season is mostly due to Poch incompetence and preference for players that was detrimental to our season. 

Disagree. Player go in and out of form during a long season all the time. Projecting the current form to a different time, or simply assuming this will be the norm next season would be a mistake. 

Perhaps some of the injured players would be performing well too? bet Carney would be able to do a lot more than Mudryk, for ex.

We shouldn't take away the current form from Poch; player selection is only one aspect of it. Noni in particular has been doing the teamwork tasks really well of late. There was a prior game where he switched off and we ended conceding, but he's evidently listening to the manager.
If when we lose it's the manager, and when we win it's down to the players, then no manager can ever win with us.

48 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If Sanchez didn't get injured Petrovic would still be on the bench. Guy is a complete flush no matter what happens. Can't wait to see him sacked.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

If Sanchez didn't get injured Petrovic would still be on the bench. Guy is a complete flush no matter what happens. Can't wait to see him sacked.

And you don't know how well Sanchez could have been playing. Petrovic wasn't great when we were struggling. 
Do you really think Sanchez or Petrovic are that different, or that it would matter a whole lot which played in a 5 nil win? 🙂 

Edited by robsblubot

Just now, robsblubot said:

And you don't know how well Sanchez could have been playing. Petrovic wasn't great when we were struggling. 
Do you really think Sanchez or Petrovic are that different, or that it would matter a whole lot which played in a 5 nil win? 🙂 

Petrovic let in some goals that he could have saved but Sanchez was a constant liability 

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Petrovic let in some goals that he could have saved but Sanchez was a constant liability 

I honestly don't think they are that different, but agree that Petrovic is the better goalie. Reminder that when Sanchez became available again, the manager chose Petrovic. In normal situations the starter would always come back. It was his decision to stick with Petrovic. 

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Sanchez showed the whole world what a pathetic loser he is against Arsenal and his loser coach started him the next match like nothing happened. Fuck Poch.